Low Cal Snax!

CeeCee-is-MeMe

Hi gang. Just wondered what kind of snacks your having. I'm gettin stuck in the fruit & yogurt trap lol. Of course I'll keep having fruit but I'd like other options too.
Just thought I'd pick your brains :)
Ccxx

Lately, I've been eating Go ahead Yoghurt bars - 72 cals for the forest fruits one.

Pretzels are about 100cal for a 30g bag, and snackajacks are a similar sort of calorie intake. They're both carb-based though, so I've tried to avoid them as much as possible.

Waitrose does some mixed seafood entrees (sounds very posh!) which is a combo of salmon mousse, salmon, prawns etc in a little plastic dish. You get 4 in a pack and they are 80 cals each and VERY nice.

Mostly I tend to have fruit. Occasionally I'll have one piece of vanilla fudge (41 cals). Generally I avoid snacks like the plague!

lol, healthy ones or not so healthy?

Quavers, 88 calories
Sainsburys basics chocolate wafer, 82 calories and really hits the spot destroying chocolate craving!
Asda crispbreads, 16 calories, have with cottage cheese or light soft cheese.
Prawns, 100 grams has 60-70 calories (I love seafood)
Boiled egg, 70-80 calories
Raw carrot, 60 calories for a 7 inch monster, prefer smaller ones tho
sainsburys wafer thin smoked ham, 17 calories per 5 slices

My favourite snack at the moment is ham and cottage cheese wraps. A slice of wafer thin ham, teaspoon of cottage cheese sprinkle of cayenne and roll it up.

I really am not a fruit fan, pineapple, grapefruit and watermelon being the only ones I eat with any regularity.

Ooo thanx guys, some fab ideas! I'm especially liking the sound of that mixed seafood & the choc wafer!! They r going on the shopping list asap lol!

I will stick to fruit for the most part it's just nice to have a choice.
X

Wow that's a bargain! Love the little tip! Thanks hun xx

I love the boots shapers bars - chocolate and strawberry or chocolate mint, 84 calories each. Also tesco black olive mini twists (like cheese straws) 120 cals for 12, really nice! Anyone know where they sell snack a jack popcorn now as can't find it anymore? Ooh and mini bags of jelly tots 96 calories!

Ryvita with dairylea light - yummy!
Plain nuts (not salted)and seeds are relatively high in fat and calories, but can be very filling and have healthy oils in them. Check the nutritional value of mixed bags carefully, but you should be okay.
Sugar free jelly mixed with muller light and then set in the fridge. It's kind of like a very low fat mousse only a bigger portion!!
Grilled chicken. You can add any spices and seasonings. You get a lot of chicken for very few calories and grilled with the right seasoning it is yummy!
Tuna and sweetcorn (no mayo) is good. It a mix of slow release carbs and protein.

Sorry.... can't think of anymore.

Though I am partial to a funsize pack of buttons from time to time at 75cals!

Fab ideas!!! My shopping list will b huge lol. I'm going shopping tomora so I'll defo get some to have in. X

Snack a jacks - 101
Walkers baked - 99
Mc cains microwave boxed chips - 166 ;) my face
Activia peach - 75
Skinny cow ice cream - 95 I think....

Hope this helped x

Loving the suggestions. I usually stick to fresh fruit or vege, yoghurt, or plain nuts.

Back