Low calorie meals that feel like they're not?

Caz

Repeat Offender
I'm trying to think of some really nice meals that are still low calorie but feel like a treat. Any suggestions?

Stuffed mushrooms done with garlic and quark or low fat dairyleigh, slimming world chips, always feels naughty to me

250g mushrooms, 150g tagliatelle, a leek, wafer thin ham, and reduced fat soft cheese.
You reduce the mushrooms and leek in water mixed with a stock cube (or real stock if you're fancy :p), and boil the tagliatelle.
Then simply mix the cheese and ham into the stock mixture, makes a cheesy sauce, add the tagliatelle et voilá.. It's a really large portion and delicious ((150g pasta makes 2 portions, 75g each)) and It's about 400 calories depending on the soft cheese you use, maybe 450. I know it doesn't sound low but you'd be so full you wouldn't need a desert, and pasts is nice!
Was gonna have this, but my fridge decided to freeze my ham :(

It's not very fancy, but I always feel like im cheating when I have 2 quorn sausages (120), 1/2 tin beans (160) then either peas (52) or mashed sweet potato (200ish depending on size)...it's like kiddie comfort food :)

I always enjoy the seared salmon with pesto and pea mash from the Jan/Feb magazine.

Steam a bit of fish in a grease proof paper 'bag' with a tiny knob of butter, some parsley or dill, lemon zest etc. you can bung some green beans or peppers or asparagus in first and lay the fish on top. If your fancy with your folding you can serve it in the bag do you get the big old waft of delicious lemony steam as you open it :)

Serve with a green salad and some garlic roasted vine tomatoes?

Just had a brain wave about doing it with shell on giant king prawns and some thin chilli slices..... Oooooooooh yeah!!!!!!!

Ooh ooh ooh that sounds tasty!!

This is my low calorie but feels naughty dinner:

Bernard Matthews - Mini Turkey Kievs, 5 kiev - 245 cals
La Diner - French Fries, 100 g - 149 cals

Big bag of salad or prepared salad for about 40-60 depending on what you have, with a couple spoons of light mayo.

All for 470 cals and I was soooo stuffed.

(48 carbs, 18fat, 22 protein)

The fries are from FarmFoods. They're the lowest I can find/

One marks & spencers lightly dusted haddock fillet (150 cals and like nicer version of breaded fish) and 200 cals worth of either potato or sweet potato wedges.

Proper sizable treat type meal: 350 cals

My lunch today: fillet steak, 1 sliced courgette fried with a little garlic and some mushrooms. Using 1/2 a tsp oil to fry the steak and fry light for the veg: under 300 calories

Back