low carb foods,care to share?

faithful

I read some where on this forum about a low carb ceaser dressing sold in costco, 2 hours later, i was in the store paying for it! and it tastes quite nice!

i also bought a very low carb pack of polish sausages from the chiller section, and some very low carb chicken bites and pork on skewers from the freezer section.
does any onecare to share any info on any low carb food/snack they have come across
xx

Oh the Leerdammer packs in Costco!! 2*500g packs of presliced leerdamer for just under £6. Its lovely stuff!

Ah Costco is great for stocking up on low carb bits in volume. Here are the things that I buy in there when I go:

Bag of frozen chicken breast - 2 kilo's for under a tenner!
Bag of frozen salmon fillets - the best salmon I have found
Little cheese portions. Great if you want cheese and don't want to risk eating more than 20g! Work out more expensive than buying a block, but help me control my intake. :D
BIG jar of picked eggs for under £4! Bargain!
BIG jar of gherkins (no added sugar which is good) for under £3
Ceaser dressing - yes a bargain also.

The big challenge is to avoid the bakery, which used to be my favourite department until I realised the error of my ways. :copon:

Check out the shopping list thread and the bargains in the shops thread as they both have good products and bargains on them.

Happy shopping!

I don't know if we have a costco here but I have found great low carb meat's and cheeses in Lidl, and very cheap as well.

I don't know if we have a costco here but I have found great low carb meat's and cheeses in Lidl, and very cheap as well.

Oh yes love Lidl and Aldi for meat, fish and veggies!

The problem with our Lidl is that we tend to go there Friday after work and by that time most of the best veggies are gone. :(

Sunday morning is a good time in Lidl Jim :)

Thanks TT, I'll remember that.

sunday is poor here but went sat this week and lots of great fresh veg x

Strange how they vary so much isn't it.

I saw a celeriac that you where all talking about in Lidl, i picked it up and had a sniff but put it back because my fridge is bursting with veg already lol!!

I saw a celeriac that you where all talking about in Lidl, i picked it up and had a sniff but put it back because my fridge is bursting with veg already lol!!
ooo hunnie pick it up next time youre needing veg , i just tried recently and i love it , had it , chipped , roasted and mashed , great alternative to potato

I agree, it is a great potato substitute ali.

same here , cant believe how lovely it is , and i really havent missed potato at all , im shocked !!

It's quite carby POP, but if you factored that in I don't see why not. Having said that though, read my sticky and remember that you should be getting the majority of your carbs from green leaf veggies on induction.

yesterday i bought blue cheese mayo from waitrose very low carb

Ive been pretty bad on induction I must say Jim, I tend to only eat lettuce, green peppers and a touch of onion here and there. No wonder I feel so lethargic but I just dont want to eat anything! The beauty of ketosis I guess. My chicken salad just made me feel so nauseous yesterday. Ive spent most of induction on sugar free jelly (which doesnt stall me) and low carb sausages and eggs.

Im going to buy som celeriac today and give it a go. I want to try your curry Jim and also those homemade lamb burgers I read on here.

Ive just been on low carb megastore as well...brilliant site! Bought some 0g carb tomato sauce for my low carb burgers...mmmm!

Back