• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Low-Carb & High-Protein when Vegetarian/Vegan?

millux

Slim for Summer!
Hi guys :) I'm just curious as to if you can infact do a high-protein & low carb when you're veg*an? Can you keep your carbs so low that you can reach ketosis?

When I reach my goal weight (using CD), I'd like to do this, but I've been looking at Atkins etc & there's so much meat, cheese, cream.. blech! I'm actually not veg*an but I hate meat & milk & cream & cheese & anything stodgy.. but I loooove vegetables! :p

Just a bit overwhelmed with all the info out there.. if anyone can help I'd be super appreciative, but there's no rush.. I have a long way to go yet, i'm just curious! :)

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Micci

Gold Member
I've done it as a vegan, but got pretty ill. I suspect I misinterpreted the low carbs as no carbs. While doing it I was losing a pound a day but as soon as I stopped it all went back just as fast. It was nice having fried tofu for a while though.

Ps, I know that this is an old thread I'm reviving but thought my experience might be relevant.

Eggs are the best vegetarian low carb food, they are stuffed with protein. Scrambled Eggs also have the benefit of tasting delicious!