Snow's umpteenth weight loss thread

Rather startled to lose 5lbs this morning - (reweighed just to make sure) normally only have a whoosh after sticking but I'll take that so have hit my goal and a bit more a week early! If I can lose another two stone by Christmas that will be me back to when I was my lowest at slimming world so that is my new goal.

I have started to get away with cauliflower mash by use of cream and strong cheese(drown out the taste of the cauliflower so I made a fish pie with it the other day that even my oh liked - I suspect I would like it better with brocolli mash but he would twist about the green topping - at least cauliflower mash looks like potato!

Thats funny, i think cauliflower tastes of nothing and have to add cheese and pepper to find a taste.

Thats funny, i think cauliflower tastes of nothing and have to add cheese and pepper to find a taste.
It's funny how different things taste differently to others - I add pepper and cheese to drown out the cauliflower - I remember on another diet using courgette to bulk things out as I find it has no taste at all but when I served a pasta sauce to a friend (who i later found out hated courgette) she could taste it instantly and couldn't eat it.

Funny eh? I love cauli mash, and said to a friend once that cauli rice tasted nutty to me - she looked at me as if i was the nutty one lol.
It's weird isn't it - my sister also likes cauliflower (but she can't stand the taste of skinny noodles) and I don't think skinny noodles taste of anything and are easy to sauce up into something nice.

I have since made a cauliflower mash I didn't mind (so much fat in it and strong cheese) I did see this on Instagram which sort of summarises my general opinion of the taste of cauliflower.

1602545182677.png

I've been dreadful about updating lately but have been ticking along, I've had a maintain two weeks in a row so might have gone back to the woosh then stick for a bit weight loss model as I've been on plan. I've bought some atkins high protein crispbreads (1.7g per crispbread) that have become my go to lunch with butter/cheese/pate and have been having lots of simple dinners (bunless burgers, lizza pizza, curry skinny noodles with some protein) but i do have plans to try and make things a bit more interesting - planning on doing haddock with cheesy leeks and celeriac chips at some point (trying so summon the will to be arsed to cut into celeriac) and as it's now cold planning on getting the slow cooker going again!

Yep, i know what you mean about the celeriac, i love it but it can be a beast to desl with as its so knobbly. I grew it one year, it takes a good 10 months at least to grow but is so dirty and knobbly and twisted with stones it put me off growing it again.

I whimped out and did fried swede (you can get it prediced from asda it's diced smaller than I would like but I don't care) because its done for me, with the haddock and cheesy leeks but I do recall a hint I got for dealing with swede at slimming world which was to microwave it for ten minutes, and then cut it up and it's easy because it's part cooked and then you can cut it into chips or chunks to boil up for mash. It is much nicer than swede though - nowhere seems to do precut celeriac or I would stockpile it in my freezer (I probably don't shop in posh enough shops!)

Happy New Year, snowbryneich I hope you are joining us in 2022.

Back