Snow's umpteenth weight loss thread

This week has been awful, meetings meetings and then travel on wednesday for a conference yesterday in which i was messed about by transpennine on the trains. Today has been a right off as work has announced some changes to the parking and that is all that has been talked about all day. (the parking situation at work is terrible, the changes appear to be making things worse (at least for my department which has all early starters who generally get parked). I don't drive so I am little sick of the entire topic but it is **** of work to try and force people onto public transport (and pay for it on top of running a car) (my team can work from home but others in the department aren't being offered that i believe.

The conference did tempt me with free biscuits even though my meals were good.

Also I saw this advertised https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/301839302 zero carb wine. Pricy but on offer at Tesco!

Wow that sounds like a nightmare trip alrighty! It's such a pain when the trains are messed up.

And the work parking thing sounds like a nightmare for staff - we just had our carparks all numbered because there are six different companies sharing it and we were always missing out, so it's actually working in our favour now. doesn't matter much to me because I get there at 7.45am so always get a park right next to the door.

Are you going to get some of that wine? Report back please if you do x

Yes - transpennine switched to a temporary time table for a few weeks because they have new trains but not all their drivers can drive them apparently. Made for a long day.

Where we work we have a staff car park that is not big enough for all staff but everyone in my department who drives comes in for 7/7:30 so they always get parked. I mean this presumably is good news for people in departments who come in later but means the people i work with feel particularly hard done by.

I probably am not - I was just sharing for the wine fans. I am actually not a big fan of wine, red wine gives me migraines and when I do drink it I only really like sweet stuff (give me asti over champagne any day or echo falls with fruit flavour added) so I am not sure my review would be much use to people who like proper wine :)

I lost 6lbs this morning which I am very surprised about as this in no way was my best week. I am now 1lb off 4 stone lost. I have also finally found a low carb bread that tastes like bread as well as looking like it. I am so excited about this. Even better its made in the bread machine so minimum effort and an excuse to use a gadget.

B:IF
L: Burgers in my new keto bread with cheese and no sugar ketchup
D: some sort of stir fry with skinny noodles.

Snacks
Brownie from the low carb bakery.
no added sugar sweets

WOOHOO that's a great loss Snowy, fabulous!

And yaye to the bread too - which bread maker do you have? I'd love to make my own bread - without palm oil, which is in virtually every commercial loaf - and I've had a couple of machines but hate the paddle making a huge hole in the bottom - only the Sage breadmaker for squllions of £ has a fold down paddle in the UK (they do loads of them in the US).

WOOHOO that's a great loss Snowy, fabulous!

And yaye to the bread too - which bread maker do you have? I'd love to make my own bread - without palm oil, which is in virtually every commercial loaf - and I've had a couple of machines but hate the paddle making a huge hole in the bottom - only the Sage breadmaker for squllions of £ has a fold down paddle in the UK (they do loads of them in the US).
It's a morphy Richard's fastbake. I had to wait until I was home to look at it as i had no clue. It is not a new model. I hqve had it soke time and to be honest never really rated the bread made in it. It has jam setting i used to use a lot when we had an allotment and grew fruit but its never worth making jam with fruit you have ti buy as it works out more expensive. Because i never really used it for bread i had forgotten about the slices with the hole haha but that's what I'm up to now on my loaf and I actually don't think it's too bad. Size wise anyway. I'm not sure how a foldaway padel .would work. Is it at the top?

B: bread and jam
L: ham and cheese sandwich
D: stir fry again

Snacks
Suzero bar
Pork scratchings

I'm not sure how a foldaway padel .would work. Is it at the top?

I think it's at the bottom but it collapses after the kneading bit.

I had a Fastbake too (free off Freecycle) but never had much success with it. I would love the Sage one but just can't justify the expense at the moment. Maybe a cheapie will come up on eBay...

I think it's at the bottom but it collapses after the kneading bit.

I had a Fastbake too (free off Freecycle) but never had much success with it. I would love the Sage one but just can't justify the expense at the moment. Maybe a cheapie will come up on eBay...
I think I was picturing one you had to fold away your self rather than collapsing so I was curious how you would get to it at the bottom of the dough but that makes more sense. I couldn't justify the expense of updating my bread maker given how little use this one gets.

I ended up on a work night out despite attempts to make excuses. Had salt cod stuffed mini peppers with almond pesto to start and then a doubled up bunless burger and 1 vodka and diet coke

Well done on the loss snowy. I had a breadmaker too and got rid of it. The paddle hole was annoying but more so i wasnt keen on the texture, or the cleaning

Well done on the loss snowy. I had a breadmaker too and got rid of it. The paddle hole was annoying but more so i wasnt keen on the texture, or the cleaning

I have to say I've never been keen on breadmaker bread before but this low carb bread is definitely the most bread like bread I've had. I will stick the recipe (well the ingredient list really rather than a recipe in the keto section eventually)

I haven't been posting my food on here as it's been really dull, bunless burgers and waffles all the way. Finally redid fatheat pizza yesterday.

I lost 4lbs today and hit my 4stone and am surprised as I had a big loss last week and a little bummed as I'm not really feeling like I've lost that much. I am having less back problems which makes walking easier and I can see it in my face but don't think I've shifted a clothes size yet which I definitely had when I was a four stone lost on slimming world. Trying to remind myself that took me a year and a half(maybe two years I forget) and also that i was two stone heavier when I started and I don't think I felt it much until i lost a bit more than 3 stone on slimming world so I will get there. And at least it's coming off.

Today's been a weird day food wise. I was out with a friend and her kids - we wanted to go bowling but it was fully booked as it's half term (we did not plan ahead or anything as organised) so we had lunch at tgi fridays and then saw Sonic, I had steak and shrimp at tgi's with onion rings instead of fries. Took nuts and sugar free sweets to the cinema.

Had a couple of sausages with reduced sugar beans when I got in - a quarter tin (of half a small tin) of reduced sugar beans is only 9-10g carb depending on brand which isn't that bad and I missed them.

Thanks Susie.

Trying to.get a bit more on track food wise and add more veg in.

B:if
L: m & s prawn cocktail (2g carbs per 100g) and greek yogurt with frozen raspberries and flaked almonds.
D: chicken thighs and roast Mediterranean veg

Snacks
Suzero bar
Pork scratchings

Hey, just read your whole diary and am very impressed by all your progress! I see you haven't checked in in a while; I hope everything is going okay and you come back soon!

Hello all - I'm back again. I have a bad habit of when I fall off the wagon diet wise I don't want to admit it so I stop posting. I came off the diet in February because my father in law was very ill and hospitalised and also admitted to a hospital quite a distance away which meant we were in late and cooking from scratch fell by the wayside and then obviously the world went sideways. I was working from home from early march which should have made it easier to stick to a diet but instead I found myself living on toast and biscuits. My father in law was discharged from hospital in time to avoid Covid but unfortunately had to go back in at the height of the pandemic and we lost him at the end of April and then out of the blue my mother in law passed away at the end of June. It was a really hard time but it made me realise that as I am now the only immediate family my husband has left (he's an only child) I ought to start taking my health seriously. Between February and June I had put 37lbs back on - I got back on low carb and have shifted the gain plus another 7lbs see below of a lovely illustrative graph of my whups and getting it back off. I am hoping to get to 5 stone off by the anniversary of my starting (7th October) and am trying not to think about where I would be if i hadn't chucked it in for four months. It was unprecedented times after all.

1600116557909.png

I’m so sorry to hear about your father in law and mother in law. Sending my love and sympathy to you and your husband x

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry to hear about your in-laws!!! The weight gain is completely understandable, and the fact that you've already lost it again is very impressive! I'm glad you are checking back in.

Snowy my lovely lady, so pleased to see you back here and posting - but what a dreadful time you and your OH have been through, big hugs sweetie xxxx.

But talk about amazing in getting the gains off in double quick time, that's incredible - i really admire the way you're being responsible for your health, it's so important - and I know you'll do this hun xxx.

Thank you all. It was so hard and such a shock and of course all the usual things you would do were off or very limited. I never expected to attend one socially distanced, very abbreviated funeral let alone two. I was trying to be there for my husband and grieving myself and all over the place emotionally really. Getting back on the diet has actually given me a bit more focus I do have a tendency to get in my own head and stuck in unhealthy behaviour patterns. I'm also working from home full time still and I expect to be until next year which in theory makes doing low carb easier (much more lunch options) and harder (access to all the food!) Still I'm keeping on.

How awful for both of you, really heartbreaking and sudden.

I went through a dire family dying situation in 2014, and the one thing I learned was to making sure i relaxed and to cut myself some slack - and not make any big decisions (although having said that, I then promptly moved to Italy LOL).

Looking forward to hearing all your menus, I love low carb food :).

Back