Snow's umpteenth weight loss thread

Well it's quite boring food wise today as I had protein cookies (I got these off approved food and am sad I can't justify buying them full price because they are like real biscuits - they were pricey even on approved food but I do have protein powder left from my various attempts at low carb bread so maybe I could try and make some) , a peperami and babybels for lunch and I'm having a mixed kebab with salad and no pitta for tea but I have been trying some good stuff - I made a corned beef hash with swede and shallots instead of potato and onion and it was great (I don't normally like swede but corned beef is so salty it didn't have much taste so will be making that again) and earlier in the week I made a low carb teriyaki sauce which was really good. It was water, gluten free soy sauce or tamari, sweetener, apple cider vinegar, ginger and garlic and sesame oil - heated when on whisk in some xanthan gum to thicken and reduce.

I made the mistake of starting work early today because I was up early - of course I didn't get to finish early - ended up having a nap after work as so tired.

Today's food

L: left over cold mixed kebab because I could not eat it all
D: I really wanted super noodles so I made a concoction of konjac noodles cooked in butter, garlic and soy sauce.
Snacks
Chorizo rollitos (from aldi) l put these in the actifry so they were crisoy on the outside and the cheese in the middle was all melted. Lush
40g of pistachio nuts
an atkins peanut bar
protein cookies

Oh my those chorizo rollitos sound absolutely gorgeous - mind you, you had me at "melted cheese". I had a dream about eating a ham and cheese toastie last night lol.

Hun what does your mum do about keeping her bedding dry?

Oh my those chorizo rollitos sound absolutely gorgeous - mind you, you had me at "melted cheese". I had a dream about eating a ham and cheese toastie last night lol.

Hun what does your mum do about keeping her bedding dry?
They are amazing - I'm not sure when I'll get to aldi next but I will be buying them all.

She has two bandage changes a day one in morning and in the evening so it didn't affect her bedding - I think if you are finding that much leaking they should be giving you more of the absorbent foam and enough to change them before bed. Sorry not that useful I know.

Another weird day food wise really -

L: Ham, cheese and coleslaw
D: Sausage sandwich on seriously low carb bread and grilled peppers filled with cream cheese
Snacks:
Protein cookies
2 babybels
A McDonalds triple cheeseburger with no bun - my husband really wanted a mcflurry and I couldn't not get anything for myself because if I had willpower i wouldn't be on yet another weight loss journey. I've seen pics of instagram of people eating these out of an ordinary wrapper but they put it in a breakfast/pancake tray and gave me a knife and fork (it was takeaway) so it felt kind of decent and i would again.
atkins peanut bar

I think if you are finding that much leaking they should be giving you more of the absorbent foam and enough to change them before bed. .

That's the problem for me, i can't reach round my calves to put fresh bandaging on. Not to worry, we'll find a solution, and talking about Maccas is much better than talking about this! :)

Haha yes - i honestly could just have that burger again now - but I think part of what made it so easy to stick too was that my husband was just getting an icecream - if he'd had fries and a bun it would have been harder (fries especially). He was also quite sad when I ordered the burger with no bun because when I said I didn't want the bun he had thought he would get it. (I offered him a burger as well as the icecream) but he said no to that but was sad he didn't get my ketchupy bread? Weirdo.

I actually had breakfast this morning - less because I was hungry more because I wanted bread. Blaming yesterday's sandwichs

B Toast (seriously low carb bread again) with butter and diabetic jam (made with sorbitol)
L: skinny noodles in curry sauce (I have been craving supernoodles one of the many terrible foods I love) but this was a decent substitute
D: unless burgers with cheese and sugar free ketchup

Snacks
Banana nut low carb muffins made with this recipe https://www.thedietchefs.com/banana-nut-keto-muffins/
Protein cookies
babybel
mini cathedral city cheese.

The muffins turned out so nice! the cook time was 25-30 mins and I checked on them at 25 minutes and they looked almost there - lightly underdone- checked a moment later - slightly burnt. I'd be useless on bake off - no patience to sit and stare into the oven. But they still taste great.
I've had three and might end up having another one before bed!

1600462426743.png

Morning all - it's the weekend. which is weird in these times because it just means I get to spend the day on my computer not my works one but still. Going to see Bill and Ted later - was in two minds about it because it seems ridiculous I can't go to see my mam and dad but can go to cinema but it's fairly decent for social distancing (mostly) some of it is dependant on people being sensible.

B: 2 banananut muffins with a drizzle of coffee walnut butter (I got this in a keto snack box I subscribe to,) with a strawberry "milkshake" made with cream, water, sugar free krusha, and xantham gum in the blender.
L Ham, peppers stuffed with cream cheese, coleslaw, and some laughing cow triangles
D: Thinking of doing bunless hot dogs before the cinema!

Oh what a nice sounding menu! What's krusha?

Enjoy Bill and Ted - I've not seen the others, and feel I should see them first.

oh its a milkshake brand - it was big when I was a kid, it's actually crusha and I've made up in my head it starts with a K. It's a flavoured syrup you add to milk - I said I had the sugar free one but looking I think that's all you can get these days.

I'm kind of the opposite - I mean I have seen the originals but as a kid and I remember very little about them but to me it seems like the sort of film you can watch without catching up.

Today was my bookclub which is currently taking place over zoom (it was before the local lockdown/rule of 6 came in) I barely finished work in time to log into it and while it is nice to have some socialness that can remain - signing onto zoom after a day of teams meetings is less than ideal

L: Mozzarella wrap with tuna filling- this is one of my new favs for low carb - I got it off ginger's keto in the UK youtube channel. You basically sprinkle ready grated mozzarella into a frying pan until it is melting/crispy on the bottom then put your filling in and roll it up. The mozzarella is crispy on the outside and melted in the middle and is a practically carb free wrap (there will be a little carbs from the stuff they put on to stop the cheese sticking together.
D: Lamb with roasted butternut squash and brocolli

Snacks
babybels, pepperami, protein cookies, atkins bar, duck crackling and sugar free sweets - done nothing but pick today but under my calorie goal so that's what counts right?

Oh your food sounds lovely - and you've got me craving lamb right now. It's my favourite meat but price stops me buying it more often.

Re picking, I remember that Jim, a Minis member on the Atkins page, was always firm on not picking - he stuck to his three meals, no Frankenfoods (as he called all the fake sugar stuff) and had lost over 12 stone. But there are days when you're just going to do it anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it. I thought you should ignore calories on keto though?

Yes - it's expensive isn't it - we don't have it very often either though it is one of my favourites (and fatty too so good for low carb/keto)

I would not be able to do this without frankenfoods haha but you know it's working even though I'm snacky so will worry if the weight loss stops. I know you shouldn't worry about calories and just keep the carbs low but I use my fitness pal to track the carbs so I can see my calories and it means I do try and keep in a deficit (not a huge one - my fitnesspal says I can have 2500 calories and still be in a deficit which is still ample (unless you fall off the wagon and then I can inhale that amount of calories easily in high cal treats)

I have been a bit absence as work has been manic and i couldn't face my laptop and my phone has died. Just turned it's self off and won't turn back on - I have left it charging in case it was battery and it doesn't appear to be so I have ordered a new one and now will be impatient until that arrives.

Today

L: packet of ham and some red leicester
D: Corned beef hash (made with leek and swede instead of potato and onion) with pickled red cabbage and a precisely weighed portion of baked beans

Snacks
Salt and vinegar pork scratchings
atkins peanut bar
Halo icecream stick (these are £2.50 at asda instead of a fiver so i got five boxes in this weeks shopping)

Thats great Snowy, fingers crossed for reaching your target

Thanks Tip

Thursday remains my least favourite day because it's video meetings galore.

L: load of snacky foods I could grab between meeting - but I'm putting them as lunch as they were a sub for having a chance, grenade bar, 2 pepperamis, 3 mini cheeses
D: I had a low carb pizza with a pizza base I got from this website https://lizza.net/ it's not as nice as fathead dough but it;s less hassle and less calories. I also had a low carb pineapple muffin (same as the banana ones I mentioned but I used pineapple flavouring this time)

Snacks
Pork scratchings
atkins peanut bar

Well done on the 2lbs!!! You'll get the anniversary loss for sure!

The low carb pizza base sounds nice - and I agree, the fatboy dough is a lot of phaffing about! All of those low carb things sound great but you need all day and a luxurious big kitchen to do it all in (unless you're Rachel Koo)! I ordered some low carb bakery stuff ages ago, seriously, like two months ago - and apparently it is on its way. Think I posted at the time, it's not until you check out that they then tell you there are huge delays with making up your order! people raging at them all over Trust Pilot etc - https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/lowcarbandketobakery.co.uk. Spread the word - avoid at all costs.

Well done on the 2lbs!!! You'll get the anniversary loss for sure!

The low carb pizza base sounds nice - and I agree, the fatboy dough is a lot of phaffing about! All of those low carb things sound great but you need all day and a luxurious big kitchen to do it all in (unless you're Rachel Koo)! I ordered some low carb bakery stuff ages ago, seriously, like two months ago - and apparently it is on its way. Think I posted at the time, it's not until you check out that they then tell you there are huge delays with making up your order! people raging at them all over Trust Pilot etc - https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/lowcarbandketobakery.co.uk. Spread the word - avoid at all costs.
Oh yes - I've seen about that while I was off low carb in lockdown and to be honest I never had the massive delays that people have had or the mouldy food (blah) but apart from my very first order where nearly everything was delicious (tasted like the real things, starting to wonder based on some peoples reviews if they just sent actual carby products to suck you in ) but the two (maybe 3) orders I did after that (only when they had 50-60% off things were not nice - they all had an aftertaste and weird textures - I had a lot in the freezer I ended up binning as couldn't face eating it as it wasn't nice and life is too short to eat not nice food.

The lizza stuff is nice and arrived in three days (it's all mainly linseed from what I can gather so you need a lot of water with it.) Some people on facebook did get mouldy things (I think this was at the height of covid when there were delays in post but they got refunds right away apparently.

Back