Snow's umpteenth weight loss thread

snowbryneich

Gold Member
Hello
I am starting to think I should maybe not be in the WeMITTS, I always mean it when I start. I am currently doing low carb. I stopped posting here after my last weight loss attempt went awry, mainly because I was a bit ashamed I'd quit so soon. I had another couple of go's of calorie counting and managed to lose 10lbs and 3 weeks ago I started low carbing and have since lost 21lbs. My sister and dad are also doing low carb so that should be encouraging.

It's a lot of meat, cheese and cream, only fruit allowed is berries No starchy veg, bread, rice, pasta anything like that. But 3 weeks is a good run for me and made me think I could come back and join in now I feel like I'm sticking with it.
I'm going to link up my fitness pal (if I haven't already - don't even remember. ) and hope to catch up with everybody who remembers me from previous attempts and meet everyone else.

Today's food
Breakfast: Spiced nuts,
Lunch: Coconut flour pancakes, bacon and troo syrup (high fibre low carb stuff that tastes real)
Dinner: lamb stew with veg
Snacks: home made cheese crisps, homemade prawncocktail

My version of low carb is not quite keto but a bit stricter than low carb, keto should be under 20g of carbs, low carb you can have up to 100-120 ish. I am trying to have less than 10% of my daily calories from carbs which for me equals 60-70g due to my large TDEE (it varies because I let myfitnesspal and fitbit knock calories off when I'm inactive.)

I kept off 10lb of the weight i lost last time i was here (I think I had lost 2 stone) and lost 11lb my first week, 4lb my second week and 6lb my first week of low carb. I think is now when weight loss slows as you become fat adapted so we'll see.

Fab to see you back hun - and please don't worry about coming off plan, we're all experts at that!

You're doing really well on low carb - Tipp is doing LC too so you can swap notes :). Mmm to lamb stew, just the thing for a cold night!

Thank you! it's one of those things - currently, i am loving low carb but it's always easy at the start. Actually one reason it is easier is that I have finally found a sweetener I do not hate/can't taste any after taste when using. It was recommended for Keto but will certainly be used for any diet I am on going forward. It's called Erythritol. Last week I made low carb cheesecake using ground almonds, butter and erythritol for the base, and cream, cream cheese, vanilla and erythritol for the top - made it up in jars and had it every day for lunch with a pack of precooked sandwich bacon. It seems weird this can be classed as a diet - but it is.

Cheesecake and bacon? Sounds interesting :D.

I do believe there's so much evidence that the right fats are essential to healthy living, so I'm using EVOO and coconut oil with my food - and it makes a huge improvement to the taste!

Yes - there is a big emphasis on the right fats in low carb, avoid vegetable oils but olive oil and coconut oil are good and animal fats. I mean i mostly ate the bacon then the cheesecake but I don't mind bacon with a bit of maple syrup (i have a low carb alternative at the moment) so maybe I'll mix it up next week.

Today has been a weird day - I had a manic morning and no breakfast - I was planning on having no carbs at all before my evening meal because I'm at a friends and she wants to get Smashburger so I looked at their nutrional information and worked out if I had the burger I like best with no bun (11g carbs without bun) I could have haystack onions (42g! carbs) and be under my daily goal. I mean I have about 10 to play with so i had planned cream for breakfast or a bullet proof coffee but i didn't get a chance, I had a pack of sandwich bacon (no cheese cake for lunch) which has less than 0.5g of carbs so I am good to go I guess I don't have to worry about the burger being high fat for once. The burgers buns are about 24g carbs so even if I eat (definitely possibility) That should still be with my range for the day!

Sounds like you're being an excellent label detective! And getting some veg in there too, I imagine.
I think low carb requires you to be a label detective. Things can vary so much. Anyway the restaurant/take away gave you the option to order the burger without the bun so it wasn't there to tempt me. I also had some salad and vegan mayo with my bunless burger and fried onions. I also had three gins and diet lemonade. Interesting fact about low carb. Spirits over 40% tend not to have any so I've had to swap from Gin liqueurs to real gin. Just as I was about to leave my friends house I had a text off my mum asking if i was awake. I panicked a bit because my mum has been quite ill in the last year but when i rang her she was having computer issues and couldn't print an invoice my dad needed for the next day. My friends house is actually really close to my parents so i got a taxi to theirs, sorted the printer. Got given two bottles of skinny syrup (My dad is on low carb too and there is a tk maxx at the retail park near there that my mam is clearing out of skinny syrups and she had some duplicates in his vast range of flavours) and a portion of low carb chilli because she'd made too much and doesn't like him to have the same dinner twice in a row (his diet is much more exciting than mine as she is full on cheffing for him at this point) and a jar of no sugar peanut butter. Got home at half past one.

Woke up.this morning to a power.cut. spent 45 mins in phone to power company. Denied power cut and said it woukd be 75 quid for an engineer. I said dont bother as I'd looked at the fuse box and it looked fine but my oh would be in at lunch and have a proper look. Two seconds after I got off the phone I got a text from power grid apologising for the power cut in my area.

Went to work like an hour and half late (I have flexi so i can do but still) still annoyed by the power nonsense.

Anyway.
Food
B: 30g pecan nuts
L: the low carb chilli with 20g cheese
D: TBC

I have a lime mousse for a snack and some precooked bacon and smoked cheese in the work fridge if I feel.peckish.

Oh wow that is mega annoying!!! Quite a few people seem to be having power cuts at the moment, a woman at work was telling me she'd had one this morning (I think she's in South Shields). I've had no issues with Bulb, touch wood.

Good food haul from your mam though - but what does cheffing mean??? :)

Lol sorry I just meant cooking for him but shes full on. He gets roasted flavoured nuts, shes made.him low carb ice cream, can't have the same meal twice in a row, me and my sister keep saying dieting must be easy when you've got your own personal chef!

OMG does she want to move in with me for a bit?!!! :)
Lol I have Dibs :)

I had burgers, fried onions with cheese with no added sugar ketchup, I had planned curry with green beans but the burgers had a short date on so I went with burgers - curry tomorrow!

Also had a Halo Top peanut butter stick - 100 calories 8 grams of carbs - well worth it.

I love Halo too but it's so pricey, well worth looking out for offers at the different supermarkets.

And lol yes fair enough that you giet first dibs on your mum :).

I love Halo too but it's so pricey, well worth looking out for offers at the different supermarkets.

And lol yes fair enough that you giet first dibs on your mum :).
The sticks/lollys were on offer at Tesco (I mean they were 3 quid instead of 5 so still pricey) I went for the sticks as its an automatically limited portion

I made low carb custard last night. 2 Egg yolk, cream, vanilla, splash of unsweetened almond milk and sweetener. It made two portions that are 490 cals but only 3 grams of carbs. I think if I made it again i would use a lot more almond milk and get more. I tasted it hot to make sure it was nice then left it to set so i could bring it to lunch and have a portion for tomorrow.

B:full fat yogurt, low carb jam and walnuts
L: bacon and a cathedral city snack, custard
D: chicken curry and green beans

I have a recipe for a low carb keto vanilla mug cake I plan to try tonight. Will share recipe in keto recipe thread if any good.

The custard sounds lovely - I don't have it often but every now and then I get a real craving for it - like these cold winter nights!

It was very nice - I like it better hot but I wanted a fat heavy dessert to go with my protein heavy bacon and thought I'd mix it up from cheesecake! I have plans to make more tomorrow, make no sugar meringues with the whites, custard with the yolks and maybe the low carb mugcake to go with the custard.

Sounds good - and what sort of mains are you having? I know I did ok on low carb when I stuck to simple things like just protein and steamed or sauteed spinach or spinach.

I am really eating what I used to and replacing rice/pasta/potato with veg, roast chicken with brocolli cheese, green beans i often use in place of pasta or rice like i did with the curry - i've had to mix up sauces a bit because they can be full fat now instead of low fat, and while tomato and onion are allowed you do have to limit them a bit as they are the highest carb veg (except for starchy ones like corn/peas etc) i have some low carb pasta made from soybean (not as nice as pasta but better than skinny noodles) i also have a black bean version but i was thinking i could make a stir fry with that. I see a lot of stew in my future but that's fine as it's the time of year for it. I've tried roasted radishes as someone recommended them as a potato substitute which tbh did not taste of much but i have also seen a recipe for radish dauphinoise which looks like it could be amazing. and i think they would be good in stew as they'll absorb all the flavour and have close to the texture of potato. If I have burgers I have fried onions as a side etc. And it's a great diet for breakfast for dinner because bacon, sausages with a high meat content and egg are all okay, I probably have brinner once a week.

Back