Low fat dumplings?

zi-ann

Now with the weather changing and time for the stews and casseroles nearly here, i was wondering if there are any recipes for low fat dumplings, i plan on making the beef stew recipe from the seriously satisfying cookbook tomorow and you cant have stew without some dumplings lol
Thanks in advance :D

Hi,

No fat dumplings (makes 2) (4 ppts for both)

1/2 a small/medium courgette finely grated
2 tbsp flour (self-raising makes them fluffier)
Pinch of bicarb or baking powder
Enough water to form a dough

Combine grated courgette, flour and bicarb. Add enough water to make a dough (1 - 2 tbsps). Seperate into 2 balls and cook in stew for 15 - 20 mins (an hour in a low heat slow cooker).

Can't taste the courgette at all. Served these to my dad without him realising they were fat free. :D

I use atora light, if you make the dumplings quite small you can have a couple for not too many pp. I made myself some the other day used 30g plain flour and 15g atora light and that came out to 6pp. Made myself 4 smallish dumplings for that, totally worth it!x

I use the supermarkets mix all you do is add water. Makes about 6 good sized dumplings and I think it was only about 5pp

I love dumplings and nothing beats them I'm afraid! I'm having them tonight with slow cooked beef stew Yum Yum x

I made some tonight that were scone like.
200g sr flour
1 tsp bKing powder
Good pinch mixed herbs
15g low fat spread
150ml skimmed milk.
Mix flour, baking powder herbs together. Rub in butter. Mix in milk wi blunt knife. Dust work surface wi flour & roll out mixture. Cut 8 rounds wi cutter & bake on top of stew at 200c for 15 min.
Work out at 21 points per recipe so 5 points for 2. Delicious x

Back