• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Low fat marg

For any baking, margarine/spread must have a minimum of 59% fat otherwise you will not get anything to rise, as per Marguerite Pattern on woman's hour last week, and she should know lol.

ps, I use stork if I'm being a cheap skate or proper butter if its for something special. rather have a little bit of something gorgeous and syn it than mediocre and syn it for not a lot less usually.

Silver Member
I use Clover light. I'm going to have a go at making some yoghurt scones I think.

I'm making the Apple Betty today though.

Nojo on the YoYo
Flora Light does say that it's not suitable for baking, but it will do the job if you're really pushed, like the poster above said, your baking won't really rise as well, but then you can always add a little baking soda?

Silver Member
Apple Betty? Oooh share recipe? xx
I'll send it you in a pm and also put it in the recipe folder. I've not tried it yet though so not sure how it will taste.
Hi, I've just made some banana bread for OH to use some bananas up and used Flora Light without realising (until I'd mix it all) that it's not suitable for baking! That said the bread has just come out fine and OH says it tastes delicious so it's worked OK for me! xxx