Low fat natural yogurt question......

Muffintopp

fattyfattybumbum
Yesterday I TRIED to have alpen, with sliced banana and low fat natural yogurt.

I say I tried as I failed. The yogurt was so tart I had tears comign down my face.
Is there anything I can do to make it less tart.
I used asda own. Is there a different make I could try that is less tart.

TIA

Michelle

Oh I've never had that but I quite like sharp flavours so maybe haven't noticed. I use Asda and Tesco usually but I would say the Onken FF is generally more mild - their vanilla one is lovely. Failing that, a sprinkle of sweetner to take the edge off?

Hi Michelle

I usually have it with the chopped up banana and grapes which are both quite sweet to the sour yoghurt complements the juicy fruit

I think plain natural LF yoghurt is an aquired tastes, when i was a teenager i couldnt stand the stuff but now I really like it!

Natural yoghurt is tart because it doesn't have the sweeteners in it and if you're use to that sweetness being there is will come as a surprise.
Try Total 0% greek yoghurt - that's much easier on the palate.

Some are worse than others. I used to spinkle some Splenda in mine but now dont bother. I use the natural fat free fromage frais and find that a lot less tart.

I agree with Circes, try 0% Greek yoghurt, it is lovely, has a thick, creamy taste to it, and is delicious with a little bit of honey (1 syn per tsp).

Back