low point curry recipes

Hi all... i copied this last week from another thread so the purple text below is not mine... Friends have tried this recipe tho and said its amazing...

Pete’s Butternut Squash Chicken Curry

Serves 4
Ingredients

425g/½ butternut squash - 0pp
1 onion, chopped - 0pp
1tsp “easy lazy” garlic - 0pp
1tsp “easy Lazy” ginger - 0pp
1tsp cumin - 0pp
1tsp turmeric - 0pp
1tsp coriander - 0pp
1tsp garam masala - 0pp
1tsp madras curry powder - 0pp
600g chicken, pre-cooked, chopped into cubes - 18pp
750mL chicken stock - 0pp
400g Chopped Tomatoes - 0pp

Method

(This can be made in advance.)
Chop up the butternut squash into small cubes; leave the skin on, extra fibre!
i didnt

Spray a large saucepan with Fry Light and add chopped onion, ginger & garlic, cook for 7 mins, with a lid on the pan.

Add butternut squash, madras curry powder and chicken stock, cook for 40 mins, remove from the heat and liquidize with a hand blender.

now i stopped here! i tasted the sauce and it was absolutely blooming gorgeous, best sauce ever. see below

Continue.

Place back on heat and add cumin, turmeric and coriander, cook for 1 min, add tomato and chicken cook until chicken has been cooked through. Add garam masala 5 min before serving.
Serve on a bed of rice with a side salad.

so as i said above, i stopped after blitzing point . it tasted fab and i didnt want to risk spoiling it. next time im going to make it as full recipe . i added my bag of prawns and let it heat through. then served with jasmine rice done in my rice cooker and i have to say im hooked, best rice ever, never tried it before. also served with my sag aloo which was yummy

If you have esource have a look for the chicken pasanda. It's Delish! I make it about once a week!!x

Tried this last night, twas very dubious when I actually read the receipe to see banana in, but I did it...and it was actually nice! :D It was sweet and usually I like spicy curry but it was a nice change!

Dubchick81 said:
Hi all... i copied this last week from another thread so the purple text below is not mine... Friends have tried this recipe tho and said its amazing...

Pete's Butternut Squash Chicken Curry

Serves 4
Ingredients

425g/½ butternut squash - 0pp
1 onion, chopped - 0pp
1tsp "easy lazy" garlic - 0pp
1tsp "easy Lazy" ginger - 0pp
1tsp cumin - 0pp
1tsp turmeric - 0pp
1tsp coriander - 0pp
1tsp garam masala - 0pp
1tsp madras curry powder - 0pp
600g chicken, pre-cooked, chopped into cubes - 18pp
750mL chicken stock - 0pp
400g Chopped Tomatoes - 0pp

Method

(This can be made in advance.)
Chop up the butternut squash into small cubes; leave the skin on, extra fibre!
i didnt

Spray a large saucepan with Fry Light and add chopped onion, ginger & garlic, cook for 7 mins, with a lid on the pan.

Add butternut squash, madras curry powder and chicken stock, cook for 40 mins, remove from the heat and liquidize with a hand blender.

now i stopped here! i tasted the sauce and it was absolutely blooming gorgeous, best sauce ever. see below

Continue.

Place back on heat and add cumin, turmeric and coriander, cook for 1 min, add tomato and chicken cook until chicken has been cooked through. Add garam masala 5 min before serving.
Serve on a bed of rice with a side salad.

so as i said above, i stopped after blitzing point . it tasted fab and i didnt want to risk spoiling it. next time im going to make it as full recipe . i added my bag of prawns and let it heat through. then served with jasmine rice done in my rice cooker and i have to say im hooked, best rice ever, never tried it before. also served with my sag aloo which was yummy

Tried this curry & added a bit of low fat creme fraiche near the end. Mmmm was delicious x

Back