low point ideas 2 go with jacket potato??

Homemade zero pp veg curry? Bolognese? Chilli? I normally use leftovers lol..

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

The WW tuna tins are good, they are 2pp each, you get a good amount and they're filling & tasty. I think they might still be half price in Morrisons at the moment

Leftovers.. curry, bolognese, chilli, yummy.,..

Mince leftovers - I use Quorn, with gravy from an oxo cube, and onions

Ratatouille

30g of Edam is 3pp and if you use the small holes on the grater, it goes loads further

creamy mushrooms - dryfry mushrooms and add a tbsp of garlic philly (1pp for the philly)

Homemade salsa

prawns in a tbsp elf mayo

Salads :D

Yep! 100g Quorn mince is 2pp, I usually use 100g plus an onion & a pepper, half a tin of toms, and a bit of stock with an Oxo cube, and that easily does 2 good portions of bolognese. The pieces are the same, 100g is 2pp. I think the fillets are 1pp each and the sausages are 2pp each.

Nae sure on the points of the other stuff, without checking! :)

I use 2 slices of light choices ham from tesco (I put this on the potato for the last 10 mins in the oven so it goes all crispy!) and 2 tablespoons of light choices salad cream. Delish! ;)

Roast Ratatouille

This lovely with pasta or jacket spuds –*have it chunky or blitzed to make a smooth sauce for the kids. :family2:

Chop into bite-sized chunks... 2 red onions; 2 red/yellow peppers; 2 courgettes and 1 aubergine. Roast in batches in oven for 20/30 minutes. (It's your choice if you use frylight, olive oil, or dry roast –*just remember to point)

Meanwhile, simmer two tins of plum tomatoes, 2 x cloves of garlic (minced); a little sugar; 200ml of vegetable stock; 1tsp ground coriander (optional). Reduce this down to a thick sauce.

As the batches of roast veg are ready, throw them in the sauce. And that is that!

it depends on the amouns you ate...

medium jacket is 4 or 5pts
half a tin of baked beans 205g is 5pts
1 large tin tuna in brine is 3pts or the smaller tins are 1pt

So maybe you could work it out from that :) xx

Granty said:
This lovely with pasta or jacket spuds –*have it chunky or blitzed to make a smooth sauce for the kids. :family2:

Chop into bite-sized chunks... 2 red onions; 2 red/yellow peppers; 2 courgettes and 1 aubergine. Roast in batches in oven for 20/30 minutes. (It's your choice if you use frylight, olive oil, or dry roast –*just remember to point)

Meanwhile, simmer two tins of plum tomatoes, 2 x cloves of garlic (minced); a little sugar; 200ml of vegetable stock; 1tsp ground coriander (optional). Reduce this down to a thick sauce.

As the batches of roast veg are ready, throw them in the sauce. And that is that!

Sounds great - I have never thought of a sauce with roasted veggies before, definitely giving it a go!

Back