Low PP soup?

lollycakes

When I was doing a more calorie-based diet, I made a really nice soup, which consisted of

- 1kg tomatoes
- 4 red peppers
- 1 onion
- Garlic
- Chillies

I'd chop it all upand bung everything into a large saucepan, cover with plain water, a touch of salt and a sweetener, and simmer until everything was soft and cooked down. I'd blend it up and it'd serve about 3-4 people. And even though there was no stock in it, it still tasted REALLY good.

I'm still getting the hang of the Pro Points system, but I figured that since most vegetables are 0 PP that this soup would be reasonably low PP-wise. And it's very tasty, I promise!

I'm not an expert (yet!!) but it looks like this would be a 0 point recipe. Yummy!

Yes, pretty certain its a zero and its a brilliant diet aid. I make a similar one using carrots and greens as well. Its very filling. :)

Sounds lovely! Will definitely be giving it a try!!!

Ruth
x

i made so much soup when i startedd ww that i cant eat it anymore if there are tomatoes in in it:)i use celery,leeks,onion garlic and mushrooms and salt and pepper,,yummy

I used to make various pots of soup using all sorts of ingredients but they were never nice. Now I have found a recipe I love and make it all the time and it never goes to waste, its great to have if you are saving a few pp that day for an occasion later that night.

Its simple, equal quanities of carrot and onion, half that quantity of cauliflower all in your pot with veg stock cube and add cayenne pepper for taste. Cook it all up, when done, scoop out couple spoons of veg and chop a little bit, then blend soup and throw back in the chunks. A yummy chunky 0pp soup made!

I know there is pp in stock cube but when you divide it out into portions theres no need to add it.

There are no pp if you use Oxo cubes but I think Knorr cubes are pointed. Like you say, they are still so low that it's hardly a concern.

I made carrot and coriander last night to have for todays lunch. It made a change from just mixed veg.
I've got half cauli in so might make your recipe tonight Bindi. I try to fill up with a soup and a 3pp sandwich at lunchtime so that I can let loose a little more for my evening meal.

onion soup....yummm

I make my own take on french onion soup using 1lb sliced onions, couple squirts fry-lite, beef stock made from cube and chopped parsley to garnish.fry the onions until starting to brown add stock and simmer 30-40mins season and sprinkle with parsley and enjoy.I point this as zero points x

I'd really like to try a no point soup. It'd be a great way to save points

my fav is tomatoe and basil!!!

I ate sooo much veg soup for a while that it really turned my stomach and haven't be able to eat it since!!!

What's the recipe for that again dubs xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

What's the recipe for that again dubs xxx

Its 1 BNS. 2 Red Peppers. 1 Onion. Glove Garlic. 560ml Veg stock. Salt and pepper to taste.. I add a little hot curry powder to the mix to give it a little kick..
Boil it up. Leave to cool. Blend it up and enjoy..
I had it just an hour ago at lunch.. yum yum yum :D

Must try this bns it never looked appetising
To me but everyoned talking about it xxx

I know.. I have only started buying it in the last couple of months.. I friend was going on and on about it for ages but it doesn't didn't interest me.. Now am hooked.. ALWAYS have a batch of the soup in the fridge/freezer.. And the weekend just passed I also tried the chips, wedges AND mash made with it!! Have yet to perfect the seasoning on the wedges but loved the mash and chips.. Just have to find where I can buy it ready prepared coz its a pain in the **** to peel and chop :D x

Does it taste much like real mash and chips?? I am going to try it this week!!

I always make a batch of tomatoe and basil soup in the freezer but like to have variety!! T&B soup also makes a great 0pp sauce for spag Bol, I just add garlic to it for that :)

Does it taste much like real mash and chips?? I am going to try it this week!!

I always make a batch of tomatoe and basil soup in the freezer but like to have variety!! T&B soup also makes a great 0pp sauce for spag Bol, I just add garlic to it for that :)

I do like T&B soup for a change but not too keen on tomato soup.. My usual soups are BNS & Red Pepper, Chunky Italian Veg from the old WW books, Carrot & Corriander. And a new one I tried and loved was Spicy Tomato and Red Pepper..
I do make my 0pp bolognese sauce too.. Dead handy and a great Point saver!!

BNS chips taste more like sweet potato chips.. Nice.. But I dont think they could replace a good auld plate of potato chips :D
The mash I really liked tho.. S'pose it was more like mashed turnip (swede) than potato so I think I will make up a very small amount of potato and mix it in with mashed BNS to give a bigger portion for less PP's... Tho i'd be happy to have it on its own.. i really liked it as its not as dry as potato would be.. And I packed it with salt and pepper.. :D
Have just had lunch and am getting hungry again lol

The carrot one sound yummy! I'm having spiced wedges and gammon for lunch it's delish xxx

The carrot one sound yummy! I'm having spiced wedges and gammon for lunch it's delish xxx

Yea I love the carrot and coriander one.. And its sooooo cheap to make.. I can get a 1kg bag of carrots for 79c... The tube of coriander is only €1.79 and it lasts for about 10 batches if not more and the stock is real cheap too.. Might go get me some carrots tonight and make a batch of that for when my BNS one runs out.. Haven't had it in a while so it'll be a nice change.. :D

Back