Low self-esteem Fatty to slim Confident women ( i hope)

Yolande - at least you managed a loss after a weekend away. I woke up in ketosis on day 4 so hopefully tomorrow will be your day. I have had a 1lb loss this week on SS but don't feel that bad this time - I think I have now accepted that my losses will slow down and that weight loss is not uniform. A bit of Yolande positive mental attitude has clearly rubbed off on me!

I agree Yolande, your positivity is great and it's fab to come here abd be reminded why we are all doing this.

Keep up the good work everyone x x x

I agree Yolande, your positivity is great and it's fab to come here abd be reminded why we are all doing this.

Keep up the good work everyone x x x

^ this :)
I love coming back to this thread for a little inspiration.
Keep it up!

Yolande - at least you managed a loss after a weekend away. I woke up in ketosis on day 4 so hopefully tomorrow will be your day. I have had a 1lb loss this week on SS but don't feel that bad this time - I think I have now accepted that my losses will slow down and that weight loss is not uniform. A bit of Yolande positive mental attitude has clearly rubbed off on me!

Ha ha ha if we are not positive on this diet we will go nuts =D Yeah i think the closer you get to goal the slower the losses may be but hey its a lb off and thats all that matters =)

My friend and i bought this dancing workout dvd in the pound shop and we just done it OH MY DAYS talk about feeling like jelly i fear i wont be able to walk tomoz ha ha gona try do it atleast twice a week but days i do that type of workout i will be having ss+ days cant cope on just ss but doing my walking i feel fine on ss so still do 4 2 hour walks a week never done so much exercise in my life before now i understand why people say they feel good after a workout never could understand before how anyone could enoy sweating and being out of breath =D The one thing i hate doing is lunges and squats and i need to make myself do them cos i like have no butt literally just tops of legs and i hear they good for getting buns of steel hee hee =D Just worked out today its 8 weeks till my hols with mommy and only 17 weeks till i jet off to SA and my best friend is having her baby boy tomoz and i soo wish i was there with her she is having a c section due to some complications and i so cant wait to meet the little man well not so little he weighs 3.7kg so a big boy =)

Yolande - I told CDC yesterday that I had started using my cross trainer again and she said not to as I wasn't having enough calories to exercise. She said that I should only walk and if I wanted to do anything more energetic then I should move up to step 2 or preferably step 3. I just wanted to boost my weight loss as I don't want to be on CD til Christmas! Have you told your CDC about your exercising? Do you think it made any difference to your weight loss? I'm confused but still did a 30min session as it seems to make me happier...
Has your mum seen photos or on Skype since you've lost so much weight? Does she know how much you've lost? If not she may need a chair!

Yolande - I told CDC yesterday that I had started using my cross trainer again and she said not to as I wasn't having enough calories to exercise. She said that I should only walk and if I wanted to do anything more energetic then I should move up to step 2 or preferably step 3. I just wanted to boost my weight loss as I don't want to be on CD til Christmas! Have you told your CDC about your exercising? Do you think it made any difference to your weight loss? I'm confused but still did a 30min session as it seems to make me happier...
Has your mum seen photos or on Skype since you've lost so much weight? Does she know how much you've lost? If not she may need a chair!

Daisy you have me thinking now...................
( sorry to jump in Yolande ) I have upped my exercise and my losses have slowed right down the last few weeks, I do now think that could be the connection ? ? ?
I kind of dont mind so don't loose heart Yolande as you will be toning up. Exercise is very good but we do need to be careful we have enough going in to sustain the exercise we are doing.
Keep the faith girls x x x

Very good point Daisy this week is probably the most intense workouts i have been doing had a weigh today (naughty of me i know) and im 1lb heavier so i defo think exercise effects weight loss when on so few calories i told my CDC i was doing light toning and alot of walking which i was but i will have a chat with her next wi and see what she thinks i feel really good after a workout now but i do think i am not having enough calories for what im doing im gona see what my wi is like too and if its still low im thinking of doing a week with just my walking and light toning i was doing before and seeing how much of a difference the weight loss is cos i was losing atleast 4lbs a week before... if i lose more without exercise i might just tone it down until im maybe a stone away from goal and then get back on it im just terrified of being all saggy but on the other hand i do want this weight off and im desperate to get off a diet and just be normal gah im confused lol guess il just wait and compare the 2 weeks. But yeah i think i should speak to my cdc about this.

Oh and to answer your question my mom knows the amount i have lost but she has not seen any pics so its gona be a nice shock for her hee hee =D

I'm as confused as you - I think we should confer after our weigh ins on wednesday as I have gone from no exercise to 30 mins on my cross trainer 4 x a week. If you have a slow week and I have a good week (2lbs for me!) then I reckon the answer is to do more gentle exercise. If we both have good weeks then we know any exercise helps and if we both have bad weeks then I just don't know!
Don't panic too much about loose skin - you are young and your skin will be quite elastic and they say your skin keeps shrinking for up to a year after weight loss.

Yeah lets compare wednesday i have been weighing every day and no movement and i have been so bloody good ggrrrr i actually need to stop weighing myself i felt so much more sane when i didnt ha ha but i think if i have yet another low loss this week im gona just stick to my walking and toning my arms and belly like i was before and not do such intense cardio. Had another 40 minute dance workout this morning and just got back now from a 2 hour walk only went for it out of pure bordem and to avoid the temptation to go out =) I can feel the burn tho ha ha. Im trying very hard to not worry about lose skin bt im scared about my belly and boobs =S But if they end up looking bad its not like i walk with them on display and i can hide my belly too but im still hopefull that its not going to be as bad as i am imagining!

I had a long chat to my sister in law back in SA which i do every 2 weeks or so and i ended up telling her about the diet and how much i have lost only cos she was saying how i have not been going out and being my usual social self cos she has seen on fb my constant excuses to friends for not going out ha ha so she thought i was in some kind of depression or something she was gobsmacked hee hee and she ould not stop saying how proud she is of me and she has promised to keep it a secret from everyone else there and i trust her that she wont tell. Felt kinda good tho to actually tell someone so close to me. She said she wants to record everyones reactions now LOL

was supposed to have a girlie dvd day with my friend to avoid temptation seeing as she has also joined CD but she told me its not for her and that she has no idea how i do it, so she has given up but she is still a tiny size 10 who just wanted to fit in her tinyer size 8 again so she wanted to go to the pub i could not bare another boring day alone so i went with and my will power is BACK!! I stuck to water and skipped lunch while she ate away and it didnt bother me in the slightest WOO HOO finally im actually in the zone again cos a couple weeks ago i would of said sod it and joined in but not this time =D <----THATS ME BEAMING WITH PRIDE ha ha any ways i have a slight dilemma as she does not want to do CD she has given me all her shakes for free BONUS i already have like 5 days spares so with hers its 10 days worth so i really dont need to buy any products this week and saving that £45 will really be a big help too seeing as i have a dental bill to pay =S So that means im going to have to cancel my wi this week but what do i tell my cdc?? I know i should not feel guilty for cancelling but i cant help it i do... what excuse do i give her?? Keep in mind im the worlds worst liar!! hee hee hope everyone had a good weekend... la la la la im feeling so good today even with the thought that i am facing my first ever smear test tomorrow =S

Woohoo well done girlie that's fab news am mega pleased that you are back!!!!!
As for packets I have usually just gone to my wi and payed a Fiver to get weighed and told her I have been given shakes which I have, she has even swapped some for me as some were flavours I didn't like! Just be honest am sure she will be fine! X Eek gd luck with smear tomorrow I hate those things!

Im actually dreading it like soooo much =( but it must be done!!! Dam men for having it easy!!!! Ah thats nice of your cdc one week i bought half my usual shakes and she didnt seem to pleased dont get me wrong i like my cdc but im one of those people that always feels guilty for things i shouldnt ha ha my mom told me to man up LOL im also not to bothered about having my wi cos i dont think im gona hit the 13's my scales have not moved despite being 100% ss with some ss+ days ggrrr i know alot could change in 3 days but my luck it will be like 14lbs and that will drive me mad ha ha guess im not to bothered about skipping this week cos i know by next week i will have hit the 13's 100% for sure im also toning down on my exercise to see if it makes the scales move. I seriously need to see the 13's i swear i have worked hard!!! =D

I get ya, I want those 13s so desperately have been 100% since fasting started 2 weeks ago so all should be good! Sometimes its nice to have a week off so u will see a huge loss next week I personally can't go more than a week lol I may get sidetracked, my brain still isn't sorted with food yet!
U will be fine tomorrow, take a couple of paracetemol half hour before hand!

Yolande - I would just come clean too - she's made enough money out of you to give you a free weigh in - she'd be a bit silly to alienate you now.
Well done for resisting - you've got your Mojo back! I don't suppose cd is really necessary for someone who is a size 10 - your friend would probably be better off on a normal low cal diet.
Let us know what you decide - have courage - this is about you and not CDC!

There is definitly a correlation between exercise and amount of calories i.e. not consuming enough calories. I think Nat has posted on the science of this somewhere. I know when I had a personal trainer about 10 years ago he explained that when working out having fewer calories did not mean it will speed the weightloss but it would infact slow it down so when I was working out I didn't do a vlcd. Sorry I am useless at explaining the science but I do know this from personal experience too that when exercising on a vlcd the losses can go right down to either STS or 1lb a week. That can be disheartening. My suggestion woudl be to hold of the hard exercise a bit longer until you are on a higher plan and then see how it goes. x

Yolande - I would just come clean too - she's made enough money out of you to give you a free weigh in - she'd be a bit silly to alienate you now.
Well done for resisting - you've got your Mojo back! I don't suppose cd is really necessary for someone who is a size 10 - your friend would probably be better off on a normal low cal diet.
Let us know what you decide - have courage - this is about you and not CDC!

Hey yeah im going to just tell her the truth and text her that i dont need products this week cos i got some off a friend i have spent LOADS with her and for me its such a waste to buy products when i dont need them especially this week!Its like you saythis is about me and not her!!! Yeah my friend is just like that tho i knew she wouldnt stick to it she is always doing diets all the time instead of maybe just thinking she could be happy at a size 10 cos she looks great but i always support her cos i know what she is like but i guess it benifitted me this time saving £45 hee hee

There is definitly a correlation between exercise and amount of calories i.e. not consuming enough calories. I think Nat has posted on the science of this somewhere. I know when I had a personal trainer about 10 years ago he explained that when working out having fewer calories did not mean it will speed the weightloss but it would infact slow it down so when I was working out I didn't do a vlcd. Sorry I am useless at explaining the science but I do know this from personal experience too that when exercising on a vlcd the losses can go right down to either STS or 1lb a week. That can be disheartening. My suggestion woudl be to hold of the hard exercise a bit longer until you are on a higher plan and then see how it goes. x

Ah thanks for posting this i really think its had an effect on my losses dont worry about not explaining it scientifically cos i understood just what ja meant so i have decided to ease up on it and stick to my walking and when im closer to goal on a higher plan i can step up the workouts too.. ,maybe the scales will actally move more than a pound a week now =)

Soooooooo today was just horrible!! I was like a shaking mess thinking about my smear test i am such a freak when it comes to things like that i felt like throwing up i was that scared but bless my nurse she knew i was really scared and she was just so so nice made it easier and it turned out to be not near as bad i thought but im in no hurry to have it done again cos seriously talk about an uncomfortable situation =S

Its now only 7 weeks till my holidays and seeing my mom now so need this weight to shift want to lose atleast 1.5 stone before my hols ATLEAST!!! I had a weigh on my scales they were 1.5lbs down so not great and means i wont hit the 13's wednesday but if i have no wi with my cdc this week i will actually see them next week on her scales eek thats madness and when i get in the 13's my bmi will be below 30 and i would have hit the 6 stone loss mark and i would have broken the curse of being in the 14's ha ha ha ha EXCITED!!!

Back