Low sodium salt

Hey all,
A bit of a specific question but I wonder if any of you could help?
I have Crohn's and as such can't really metabolise sodium... AKA I need more than then normal person would.
Have obviously been trying to reduce salt in my diet on Dukan but I REALLY crave it... so much more than sugar.
Have bought some Lo Salt. Is that ok?
Any advice would be welcome
C x

I'm sure it is fine. But you can reduce the amount of salt by using spices a lot ( unless those set off your condition?). cumin and coriander are good standbys, I have mine whole in spice or pepper grinders. Or you can pop them in a coffee grinder, but they need to be ground fresh or the aroma changes and goes. Chicken is lovely with these two on, plus a bit of salt but not much, and some Tabasco if you can or a touch of fresh chili or powder. I would also put garlic in with this, and sometimes fresh ginger too if i feel like it. Actually I find with the chili in with these I don't use salt at all, but you might want a touch of it.
Herbs help too, seem to make a little salt go further.

Hey all,
A bit of a specific question but I wonder if any of you could help?
I have Crohn's and as such can't really metabolise sodium... AKA I need more than then normal person would.
Have obviously been trying to reduce salt in my diet on Dukan but I REALLY crave it... so much more than sugar.
Have bought some Lo Salt. Is that ok?
Any advice would be welcome
C x

I think I would check with your doctor first, eclaires, just to be on the safe side, especially if you actually need more salt for health reasons.

Back