Low syn cheese sauce

Moshie

Help please :) I want to make a lasagne but keep it really low syns. The meat sauce is simple and can use hex for the cheese on top. I was thinking of using Philly light thinned out with a splash of milk as the white sauce, has anyone tried this or can give me some help ? Much appreciated.

Ta .... Mosh

There are many different varieties on here although remember you're not going to eat the whole lasagne lol
So personally find if you try and make it SYN free. You compromise on taste ! Some do make it with Philly but I tend to make it as usual synning the corn flour and milk and using cheese hex a remember however no of portions you make out of the lasagne you can multiply that by the HxA amount eg v mature cheddar 30g x 4 then place 90g in cheese sauce with mustard pdr garlic pdr and splash Worcester sauce( as they enhance the cheese flav) and the rest of cheese on top
That way you'll have a lovely lasagne for a few number of Syns but all family will love it plus it's just you're normal lasagne just tweeked and Syns counted so you'll make this healthy way from now on even when you get to target which is SW aim
Some may disagree with my way of thought but to me changing my habits for life is the most important message of SW

I agree with you, I made it big enough to serve 6 and the meat sauce was free anyway ( as my bolognese and lasagne always is) I just know I love mountains of cheese on top and wanted to save a few syns so I could really pile it on. I did make the Philly sauce and it was good, but I probably could have made a normal sauce for the same amount of syns I suppose.

I like your philosophy :) if you compromise too much, then cooking and eating can be pretty miserable.

keep up the good work, whatever you're doing is clearly working well X

I use a tin of Heinz macaroni cheese - puréed. This was recommended by our consultant.. It's 6syns for the tin and is plenty to cover the top so I then use hexAs as layers inside using various different cheeses like Philly or low low etc

I use a tin of Heinz macaroni cheese - puréed. This was recommended by our consultant.. It's 6syns for the tin and is plenty to cover the top so I then use hexAs as layers inside using various different cheeses like Philly or low low etc

Sounds like a good, quick and easy option. Quick being important during the week. Will def give that one a try.

many thanks X

When I make veggie lasagne, I use layers of low fat (free) natural cottage cheese. Gives the whole dish a really nice tangy flavour :)

Thanks hon, I would love that but my lot would moan about it as they all hate cottage cheese .... Sigh !!!!! X

Back