Low Syn Chicken Lasagne Please

OSCARSMUMMY

Does anyone have a recipe for chicken lasagne, really fancy it with chicken instead of beef.

Would be really greatfull. :D

Thanks Jaylou, i had thought about that using the beef recipe, but i was interested to know if anyone had a creamy garlic sort of sauce rather than a tomato one.;)

Maybe too much wishful thinking on my part LOL

I have an old ww recepie for chicken and leek lasagne and its a tomato based sauce too but very yummy but the topping would have to be adapted as its not syn free and not sure of the syns

ROASTED VEG/CHICKEN LASAGNE

cooked chicken breast, cubed
various roasting veg (incl some whole garlic cloves)
tin of tomatoes with herbs
pack of Morrison's Instant Cheese sauce (38g pack - 5 syns)
cheddar cheese
6-7 lasagne sheets

1) Roast the veg for 20 mins (I used courgette, red onion, cherry toms, red pepper, orange pepper and mushrooms drizzles with balsamic vinegar)
2) Put the chicken and tinned tomatoes in a bowl and microwave until warmed through
3) Parboil lasagne sheets for 4-5 mins
4) Make up the cheese sauce as per instructions on pack

Spray a lasagne dish with Frylight. Squeeze the roasted garlic into the the chicken/tomato mixture and mix. Spoon into bottom of dish. Top with 3 lasagne sheets. Spoon all of the roasted veg over the lasagne and top with the remaining sheets. Pour the cheese sauce over the top and sprinkle with cheese. Bake until golden brown on top. Serve with salad, if desired.

Using the cheese from your HEX allowance, the dish is only 5 syns for the lot on EE.

Thanks for the recipe Stacey :D will give that a go but will try it with a different topping
don't really want to use the cheese sauce.

1. Garlic Chicken Lasagne

Servings | 2 (Very large servings)
Syns Per Serving | Green – 2 ½*
* Add 6 Syns if not using the Cheddar cheese as a Healthy Extra and a further 6 Syns if not using the chicken as a Healthy Extra

Ingredients
- Fry Light
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2tsp EPC Very Lazy Garlic or 2-4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 227gm (8oz) skinless chicken breasts, cut into small cubes*
- 400gm can chopped tomatoes
- 1tsp dried oregano
- black pepper
- 6 sheets dried no-need-to-pre-cook lasagne Verdi (spinach) sheets
- 38gm sachet Morrisons Instant Cheese Sauce mix (5 Syns)
- 85gm (3oz) reduced fat Cheddar cheese, grated*

Method
1. Pre-heat oven to 190C / 375F / Gas Mark 5.

2. Heat a large pan sprayed with Fry Light and cook the onion and garlic for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft.

3. Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, for a further 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, oregano and seasoning. Heat through.

4. Spoon half the chicken mixture into a shallow ovenproof dish and top with 3 sheets of lasagne. Repeat the layers.

5. Make up the cheese sauce mix with boiling water as per the packet instructions. Add half of the grated cheese to the cheese sauce. Pour the cheese sauce over the top of the lasagne & sprinkle with the remaining cheese.

6. Transfer the lasagne dish to the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes until the topping is golden brown, bubbling and cooked through.

7. Serve immediately with Syn-free potato wedges and a green salad.

Brilliant chicken lasagne on this site well worth looking at for any recipes

Slimming Eats

Back