Mummy_Helen

Silver Member
truffles.jpg

Makes 20.
Syns for whole batch 24.5
2.5 syns for 2 truffles.

50g dark chocolate chips
113g quark
2 options indulgence sachets (any flavour)
28g chocolate sprinkles

Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for about a minute, then stir until smooth.

Beat the quark until creamy. Add the chocolate and mix well.

Add the options indulgence sachets and mix

Using a teaspoon, make 20 blobs onto some greaseproof paper and put in the fridge to harden slightly. (About 20 minutes).

Remove from the fridge, and roll into balls with the palms of your hands.

Roll truffles in the chocolate sprinkles and put back in the fridge to set overnight. Once set store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to eat.

I took these to class last night and they went down a storm! All I did was search for low fat truffles then changed a few ingredients to SW friendly ingredients!

We are having a recipe testing night soon - definitely going to make these to take along with me! Thank you for posting this delicious recipe!

WOW, they look good, there is a low(er) chocolate truffle recipe in the xmas book, but there still quite high really. will give these a go:)

WOW, they look good, there is a low(er) chocolate truffle recipe in the xmas book, but there still quite high really. will give these a go:)

I'm still waiting for my christmas book, it should be in on tuesday... I think I'll stick to these though as they really are yummy!

Mmmmmm wanna try those - any recommendations re best flavour choc options indulgence flavour (was considering cherry version first!)

Jill

Thanks that sounds great have made up a Christmas treats folder and put this recipe in there.Will defiantly be making this then.

I asked my eldest to get the Quark, Dk Choc Chips and Choc Strands when in Asda so could make some tonight and leave in fridge till tomorrow - she got the Quark but got me 100's & 1000's instead of strands and forgot the choc chips - GRRR!!! Added these ingreds to my Tesco shop for Tuesday ;)

mmm these look lush definately going to try them. Adding the ingrediants to my next shop, chocolate is something I always struggle with so these look like they will do the job :)

Mmmmmm wanna try those - any recommendations re best flavour choc options indulgence flavour (was considering cherry version first!)

Jill

I used the chocolate fudge ones this time, but am thinking of trying the cherry ones next:)

How long do you think these would keep for in the fridge (if I can leave them alone that it, lol). If they do a Choc orange sachet that would be really nice I bet.

So long as they are in an airtight container, I would say a week. I can't say for sure because mine have never lasted more than a week, but I did have some in for 6 days and they were still fine. (My kids found them and ate them all :() I'm going to make some more next week.

Funny you should say that, because I'm going to try it with rum flavouring as a dummy run for the ones I'm going to make for xmas.

Back