low syn trifle...

abigail09

Gold Member
ive been having cravings for trifle for a while but it works out on average about 8syns 100g which i think is alot. can anyone think of a low syn alternative, either make by myself or something you can buy?

hartleys low cal jelly - 1.5syns per sachet. ambrosia ready to eat pots (next to the hartleys ready to eat jelly) is 7 syns per pot.
then top with squirty cream..

i make a massive trifle dish out of this.. as you only need a bit of custard otherwise it all concaves! - the tub looks little but does go far, and you can pop a few more spoonfuls more in if you esp like your custard.

for a massive bowl you cant complain with the syns at all. I love adding rasberries at the bottom.

if you spread the stuff out ebtween little glasses you can make a good few trifles at about 3 syns each. xx i did post a recipe in the recipe section somewhere, ages ago..think its with a banna curley wurly thing i posted at the same time..xx

Use the Hartleys jelly and add fresh strawberries to it ,then make a syn free custard using 300 ml of milk 3 egg yolks and 50g of sweetener,and use squirty cream on top xx

I made a low syn trifle the other day and it was lush:

strawberry jelly with strawberries added, divide between 4 dessert dishes, let it set in the fridge.

1 tub of quark mixed with 1 tub of strawberry muller light. add 1/2 cup of hot water to one sachet geletine granuals and stir till totally disolved (about 5 min, stir every couple of min) add to the muller and quark mix. it looks like it is curdleing but keep stiring in and it will go milky. pour over the jellies (now that they have set) and pop in the fridge for 30 min or until set. whisk up sugar free dream topping with Sk milk, think this is about 12 syns. divide over the 4 dessert bowls, top with an ice cream sized flake (2.5 syns each) serve chilled with a strawberry on top. whalah! trifle :O)

so you will need:

strawberry jelly (sugar free) 1.5 syns
strawberry muller light - free
1 tub quark - free
fresh strawberries chopped - free
sachet gelatine crystals (dead easy to use, 1 sachet sets 1 pint, add to 1/2 cup of hot water)
ice cream sized flake (come in boxes, try not to eat the whole box!) 2.5 syns
sugar free dream topping - 12 syns

16 syns in total, so 4 syns per trifle and they are lovely!!!!!

I guess, if you like the flavour of banana, you could use a banana custard mullerlight for a syn free custard layer?

I am definitely trying this, its a good way of getting extra fruit in too if you add lots of it to the jelly! xx

Back