low weight loss

katieg33

Iv been TS for 10 days now and iv only lost 6 pounds! I see all ur losses and feel like I'm doing something wrong! I don't have a metallic taste in my mouth and I don't think my breath smells either to signal I'm in ketosis! What's going on?

Just stick with it honey, its just your body being stubborn for some reason. It has to adjust to the change to food replacement and the extra water you are drinking x

Dont worry, in my first week of LL I lost only 3lbs. Keep going and take your losses over a month.

If all you have had is 3 packs and water your body will get there!

If you were being careful before you started on this diet then chances are you will have already depleted your glycogen and associated water stores so won't see the dramatic losses that many on a very low calorie diet experience in those first couple of weeks.

Whilst this is an absolute bummer and demotivating, I prefer to look at it another way:

Whilst others starting a VLCD are fannying about wasting their time losing glycogen and water and cheering on their dramatic losses, you actually are cracking straight on with the serious business of burning fat. Last time I thought about this, I'd much rather be losing my fat than losing water!

Chin up, keep going safe in the knowledge that the percentage of your body which is fat is reducing. That HAS to be a good thing, right? xx

chicken on a mission said:
Whilst others starting a VLCD are fannying about wasting their time losing glycogen and water and cheering on their dramatic losses, you actually are cracking straight on with the serious business of burning fat.

Ouch!

:cry:

chicken on a mission said:
If you were being careful before you started on this diet then chances are you will have already depleted your glycogen and associated water stores so won't see the dramatic losses that many on a very low calorie diet experience in those first couple of weeks.

Whilst this is an absolute bummer and demotivating, I prefer to look at it another way:

Whilst others starting a VLCD are fannying about wasting their time losing glycogen and water and cheering on their dramatic losses, you actually are cracking straight on with the serious business of burning fat. Last time I thought about this, I'd much rather be losing my fat than losing water!

Chin up, keep going safe in the knowledge that the percentage of your body which is fat is reducing. That HAS to be a good thing, right? xx

Oh that was low!

You may be one of the lucky ones who don't get the bad breath and freezing cold lol

I don't have any ketosis symptoms, but my pee sticks told me I was there within 2 days!

shellreed2011 said:
Oh that was low!

Nope, it was positive thinking. Theres 2 ways to look at everything. I had to fanny about losing my glycogen and water first so I'm one of those dreadful people who had good first week loses.

Starlight said:
Well I had a huge week one loss but I sure as hell dont see it or myself as dreadful. And my first week wasn't something I'd class as 'fannying around'. I object to my loss being described as that

Its one thing to put a positive slant on things but not if it's going to be detrimental to other people

Ive tried explaining, i can see how those of us with huge losses can be completely demoralising to those who don't. They actually have the advantage in fat loss. I give up. I was not being detrimental as, as I clearly tried to point out, I'm one of those too who had dramatic first week losses.

This will also mean I have a tendency to carry more glycogen and water that needs to be topped up on the refeeding process which makes that process even more important to get right and do in a structured way.

Given your attitude and strong posts ranting against the things that drew me to my chosen VLCDs involving my need of support and counselling I think you are a complete hypocrite as you most certainly have been detrimental about the support and counselling offered by some. You were utterly touchy and rude about support when it was suggested how you might gain from it. Given how you haunt the VLCD section of minimins I feel this board is unwelcoming to anyone who dares to have an opposing view to yours and I'm sorry I bothered to look back into the forum after a long break as this certainly isn't the board I remember from when I joined.

I really think you need to look to yourself and why you have the need to feel so self important and right all the time. A candidate for counselling if ever I saw one so wake up to yourself. Pot, kettle, black!!! Difference is that my post was meant lightheartedly and about something I have personal experience with, and you......

Firstly she doesn't "haunt" the vlcd boards she's a flipping moderator so she has to read the posts in case they need removing. Secondly I have NEVER found starlight's loss detrimental compared to mine I lost 11lb my first week where starlight lost 18lbs. If anything I find other peoples losses inspiring as in oh well they lost such and such so I will lose it eventually. I find it quite amusing actually that you can be so down on starlight for having an opinion yet you seem to think its ok to share yours freely? What is detrimental is YOU saying that my first weeks loss was faffing about! That week was awful but I got through it and my big loss was what spurred me to keep going my second and third week. I don't know what your first weeks loss was however I know some of the girls in here have become dear friends off mine whether they live 300 miles away that's what they are and will continue to be. This whole site is about support and compassion not to ridicule someone who got a big loss but to be there and support whether the loss was big small or nothing at all. This diet is hard enough anyway without negative people putting down those who are restarting or just starting and to insult someone just because they said they didn't need counselling is absurd! She didn't say anything nasty she just asked why div thought she needed it then went on to discuss another diet quite freely even texting me to say that she thought me using slim n save to refeed was a good idea! Please keep your horrible attitude to yourself as I have said we neither want nor need your negative attitude and if you don't like us you know what to do! I was here last year too and the girls and men are exactly the same supportive without a doubt of course with the exception of one .....

katieg33 said:
I'm so Sorry I have caused so much trouble by starting this post! I hope we can all stay supportive friends! Xxx

Sweetheart you havnt caused trouble you asked a question and we answered you it's not you that was detrimental hang in there the weight will come off I promise different people different time scale saying that last year it took me three weeks to lose a stone this year three weeks in and I'm down 1 stone 3lbs so please hang in there there's no way you won't lose it if your being ts xxx

I only said what I did to Starlight in that other thread, as a friend. I didnt mean it in a bad way, I just thought she was struggling, and she isnt so all is good. I speak with starlight away from here, and hope she knows me well enough to know I didnt mean it in any other way, only concerned

Divster said:
I only said what I did to Starlight in that other thread, as a friend. I didnt mean it in a bad way, I just thought she was struggling, and she isnt so all is good. I speak with starlight away from here, and hope she knows me well enough to know I didnt mean it in any other way, only concerned

My point exactly hunny you asked a question sandy answered I didn't think she "went off her head" at you?

It's ridiculous when sandy did nothing wrong!

Back