Lower calorie alternatives to mugshots?

SmileyShazza

Can anyone suggest anything similar to Mugshots but with a lower calorie value that are also free on Extra Easy?

I discovered Mugshots about three weeks ago and have been having one with my lunchtime sandwich at work. I've noticed since I started doing this my losses have slowed right down and I think it is because Mugshots are quite high in calories.

I know they are free on EE but I also track my calories as well as follow the EE plan as I like to make sure that any free foods I eat aren't taking me way over my recommended calorie allowance. At 220 calories or so the Mugshots are quite high and if I can swap them for something with less calories which is also free I'd like to give that a go.

Any suggestions gratefully received :)

This is not a flippant answer.... swap your mugshot for a tub of salad! Do you need a mugshot with a sandwich for lunch? If you are hungry then just take more salad or fruit with you.

Not sure what to suggest - but I'm not surprised your losses have slowed down. I usually have a MugShot as a meal on its own, or maybe with a couple of ryvita if I am really hungry. It seems that especially with EE you have to be careful with the processed packets (i.e. Pasta n' sauce, Savoury Rice etc.) and only have them as part of your meal, not in addition to what you would normally eat.

Hope that makes sense?

I try not to have mug shots every day, maybe twice a week is my limit. Although I did have one today, but when it was ready, i put it in a bowl and added a packet of steam fresh veg and beefed it up. I don't know whether you can do that at work, but it makes it really filling. or maybe take a salad to work with you to have with it.

Also, are you making sure you have a 1/3 super free food with the sandwich and mug shot?

I would suggest cutting out the mugshots all together. Like you said it is quite high in cals especially in addition to other bits that make up your lunch. It's also quite high in salt and that may be contributing to your slow losses as you could be retaining water. Like Jaylou said you could have a salad with your sandwich or if you really enjoy the mugshot, have that with lots of stirfry veggies thrown in (you can get small packs at M&S) so that way you have your own version of a veggie packed ramen that's more filling and satisfying but still light on the cals.

Thanks for the replies.

I usually have a sandwich made of small loaf wholemeal bread filled with ham and loads of salad. I was having just a sandwich before on it's own (well with a piece of fruit) tried the mugshot one day and suppose I kind of got used to having it that way.

Today though I have just had a mugshot and no sandwich (I'd run out of wholemeal bread). I think tomorrow I will try going back to just having a sandwich and go cold turkey with the Mugshots.

Unfortunately I don't have anyway of making stir fry veggies or anything at work - it has to be something that can be eaten without any kind of cooking involved. I might bear that in mind for an evening meal one day though as I have 3 mugshots at home that I'll need to use up.

Will give that a try and see if it helps :)

Its worth remembering that anything over 200 calories is classed as a meal in itself ... I know we are not about counting calories but I always try to keep this in mind

Its worth remembering that anything over 200 calories is classed as a meal in itself ... I know we are not about counting calories but I always try to keep this in mind

200 cals? That's not alot! Hmm I haven't heard this. I probably eat 5 meals a day sometimes then but still losing well.

You crazy people making SW more complicated than it is.:p

rofl hey Laura I said I kept it in mind I didnt say I kept to it all the time hehehe but unfortunately I understand its the guideline and erm maybe if I'd kept it in mind a bit more I wouldn't be in this position .....

Last edited:
Not my guidelines!!! I can have a fruit salad as a snack, and if it has a banana in it, it's more than 200 cals.

Each to their own. x

lol not having a go, it's interesting to see how other diets vary. I can absolutely see a low cal diet following 200+ for a meal or they'd be out of cals before lunch.

Personally I'm going to ignore your advice but thanks for sharing.:D

Thats fine girls it wasnt advice just tellin' ya what the govt guidelines are ... but then they'll all be different next week - maybe fish and chips will be diet food after all lol

Allie beat me to it. I was just going to suggest this and say that you can get mini pasta shapes to bulk out the soup. It'll probably taste a darned sight better than a mugshot as well!

I love mugshots, only the sweet and sour one and have them regularly, not every day granted but they don't seem to affect my weightloss, I'm still losing numbers every week - maybe cause I'm doing green its different to EE I don't know but I'm not going to complicate Slimming World, they are free and I'll keep them free lol :p:p:p:p

Have you tried 'Pot noodle in a mug'?

They are approx 140 calories and all flavours are syn free on green/EE, except chicken which is 1 syn

This may be an alternative to going without altogether if you really want something more substantial

xxx

Thanks for the tip! I was gutted I couldn't have mugshots because they have dairy in but these pot noodle ones are dairy free! Hadn't even heard of them

Thanks for the tip! I was gutted I couldn't have mugshots because they have dairy in but these pot noodle ones are dairy free! Hadn't even heard of them

Some of the original Pot Noodles are vegan as well - Beef and Tomato, Bombay Bad Boy and Southern Fried Chicken, strangely enough! I have one every payday, it's my monthly bit of rubbish. :D

Back