Lozzal's Exante Diary.

Lozzal

Hi all! I hope its ok to join you all. I have been reading through some of your posts, and promise to read many more, and you are such a friendly and supportive group.

I'm hoping that by starting this diary I can keep myself motivated and use it as a boost when my motivation is low! Nearly 2 years ago I did 9 weeks on Lipotrim, a was a stone lighter than now when I began, and I lost nearly 3 stone. Unfortunately I soon put this back on and a stone more, but I am ready and determined to get back to were I was at the very least. I have looked back at my diary from that time and I was so motivated and focused. I hope I can achieve that determination once again.

We have had a difficult 2 years with my husband being ill, but thanks to a new drug he is trying, he is now more stable and once again enjoying quality of life (part of the reason for the extra weight!). We are currently working through his bucket list and visiting and doing lots of interesting things lol! This is no excuse to over eat though, and I want to loose at least 4 stone and feel as well as I did when I lost weight previously. I have learnt a lot of lessons from last time, an especially hard lesson was the despair of putting it all back on, feeling miserable, and feeling so unhealthy and tired all the time. I had loads of energy and felt so much more healthy when I lost weight and I want that feeling again so I can enjoy more fully making precious memories with my family.

I started my Exante journey on Sunday 17th June and am now on day 4,and I intend to have Mondays as my weigh in day. Most days I am having 3 packs with a 4th one if I'm tempted or hungry so I can maintain ketosis. I did get weighed this morning when I got up and I had lost 5lb. This is not something I plan to do on a regular basis, I will keep to only once a week weigh ins, but as the first 3 days are mostly water loss, I wanted to have an idea of my weight for fat loss, if that makes sense!

Take care all, Loz x

Thanks for the welcome Darcy. I am feeling motivated today, I spend lots of time reading through lots of diarys last night. Truly are inspiring!

Hi Sarah thanks for the support, how are you finding it so far? I'm on day 5 today, I don't feel hungry today but I am finding actually not eating harder if that makes sense, like I miss it! Anyway I'm determined not to give in and give this a good go. I have found reading everybody elses diary's to be very helpful. Loz x

Well done Lozall it takes a lot after an illness like your husbands to get yourself back in motion ! Hats 🎩 off to you !! I’m at day 6 today 😎

Hi GymBunny, good so far. Its constantly reading everyones posts on here that's keeping me going I think. So helpful to no your not the only one doing this!

Day 6 for me today. Last night was my 1st 12 hour night shift of 4. I was worried about it as everybody bring nibbles in to get through the shift, but I stayed motivated and resisted all temtation. I'm hoping that as I got through last night I can do this for another 3! I am looking forward to Mondays weigh in and hoping all the effort will bring good results.

Hope everyone on here has a good weekend, Loz x.

Well done. The first week is definitely the hardest. It gets easier, albeit more boring, as time goes by. It’s sufferable because food just becomes a distant memory and the results are so worth it :)

I hope so. Thanks for the support. If I can stay god for another week or so I'm hoping I can restart my swimming and gym again.

Hi Lozzal, hoping the final days of your first week fly by! I definitely didn't feel 'good' until Day 6. Well done for powering through a shift like that... no mean feat of willpower.

Thanks Kelpie!

Day 7, another night shift done, 2 to go. I am feeling better about this now, hope to stay strong until weigh in at least! We are going for an overnight hotel stay and castle visit on Monday, an anniversary present from the kids. My plan is finish nights Monday morning, get a couple of hours sleep, weigh in!!!, then drive to hotel. I will try to stay on plan, my husband is going to take his evening meal with him so as not to make me feel like I need to eat with him (his idea not mine!). I plan to have just eggs for breakfast in the hotel Tuesday morning as I think this will help me stay in Ketosis and will be like the 200 calorie extra protein we can have occasionally? Anyone got any thoughts or ideas on this please?

Loz x

Day 9 today. Another 3lb lost so that's 8lb in total. Won't weigh in again until next Monday now!

Hiiiii - belated welcome and I'm so happy to hear the plan is working for you. Well done on your losses, and also for sticking to the plan while zooming about!

I'm so glad to hear your partner is supportive of you being on the products. I think that makes it much easier to stay on track, when you don't have someone encouraging you to eat with them or whatever.

As for eggs ... in general I am a big believer to sticking to the plan no matter what. I believe it helps get into the mindset and the body gets used to consuming products and deriving energy by ketosis so suddenly putting food inside yourself can be a bit of a shock to the system. All of which said, as you say, it's a high protein, low calorie addition that will keep you on around 800 calories (e.g. the equivalent of four products a day) and you'd likely be taking on something similar if you were in food week. So, it's not like you're going on a sudden takeaway binge.

You know your body and your mind. Out of all possible going-off-plan scenarios having a couple of eggs strikes me as pretty minor.

Hey sorry to jump on your thread, today's my first day and I'm not sure if I should do ts or flex? I need to loose at least 7 stone but I like to eat lol I've done two shakes so far today and had a little carb free snack and I'm not sure whether to have a low carb meal or a shake, I want but losses but I expect I will have to do ts for that?

Err, I know you're not really talking to me, Hunni, but I'll answer anyway because I'm obnoxious like that (sorry).

Basically: if you take in less calories than you consume, you will lose. It's just a question of how and how fast - and those are very personal questions.

I think the first thing to wrap your head around is that, despite the fact VLCDs are often called 'crash diets' this is not a quick fix. It is however *a* fix, as long as you're prepared you're in it for the long haul. So, I also have about 7 stone to lose and I've been on the diet for about 2 months now and I've lost 2 of them (bearing in that weight loss on these diets tends to be front-loaded, so you lose a lot of the start and less at the end). So essentially we're looking at 5 more months on the diet (with a mandatory food week at 12 weeks) at a minimum and then an equally slow process of slowly introducing food into my life.

So basically I think the question around whether to do TS or something a bit more generous is: do I want to be doing this for 9 months or 11. And while you might think omg 9 is better, actually there's not a super big difference between 9 and 11 *if* taking a bit longer makes your journey less miserable for you and you less likely to cheat/get bored/give up.

The other thing to think about is your own brain and, err, emotional state. I *also* like to eat but I like to eat in an unhealthy way and that has led me to a state of being clinically obese. So, for me, just cutting food was what I needed to re-adjust my attitude. When I started the plan, I don't think I would have been able to prepare a healthy evening meal for myself - I would have ended up cheating, binging, whatever. So this was better for me.

So, uh yeah.

tl;dr - what works for you! Good luck!

Hi Casting thanks for the welcome.

Hi Hunni fine by me to join my dairy, welcome, we are all here to support each other.

Sorry I've been missing for a couple of days but since I got home from our castle trip it was straight back to work on nights and we've' been unbelievably busy. Day 12 for me today and I have still been staying on track. I did as I had planned and stayed 100% while I was away, and yes as you said Casting, it really does help when your partner is on board for support. I did have my planned eggs for breakfast in the hotel and resisted all other temptations, even the orange juice, as I just kept thinking it will knock me out of Ketosis and its just not worth it. Leading up to our trip I was actually really looking forward to that breakfast and it actually helped in those early days to keep me on track and focused because I had that to look forward too. Sad I know, but it worked for me!

Casting I take your point about following TS 100%, but other than the eggs I have been, but for me it was a huge thing to go away and not think blow it , I'm away, I'll have what I like and start again when I get home. That's what I would normally do, so to manage it this way and actually have a plan in place and to stick to it was a big deal for me, and I have to stay I'm pleased I managed it. I did have a little wobble at one point on a stop off on our way home, were I wanted to eat something appealing and it was my husband who said no you've done to well to blow it. I was so pleased later on that he helped keep me stay strong although I hated him at the time!

Hunni you said about TS or flexi and I would say whatever works for you. As Casting said we are on this long term, and whether you do the direct flight or the scenic route, its the final destination which is important, that's the way I see it anyway! For me it needed to be TS as like Casting I needed to retrain my eating habits especially in these early days of Exante.

Onwards and downwards, Take care, Loz x

Err, I know you're not really talking to me, Hunni, but I'll answer anyway because I'm obnoxious like that (sorry).

Basically: if you take in less calories than you consume, you will lose. It's just a question of how and how fast - and those are very personal questions.

I think the first thing to wrap your head around is that, despite the fact VLCDs are often called 'crash diets' this is not a quick fix. It is however *a* fix, as long as you're prepared you're in it for the long haul. So, I also have about 7 stone to lose and I've been on the diet for about 2 months now and I've lost 2 of them (bearing in that weight loss on these diets tends to be front-loaded, so you lose a lot of the start and less at the end). So essentially we're looking at 5 more months on the diet (with a mandatory food week at 12 weeks) at a minimum and then an equally slow process of slowly introducing food into my life.

So basically I think the question around whether to do TS or something a bit more generous is: do I want to be doing this for 9 months or 11. And while you might think omg 9 is better, actually there's not a super big difference between 9 and 11 *if* taking a bit longer makes your journey less miserable for you and you less likely to cheat/get bored/give up.

The other thing to think about is your own brain and, err, emotional state. I *also* like to eat but I like to eat in an unhealthy way and that has led me to a state of being clinically obese. So, for me, just cutting food was what I needed to re-adjust my attitude. When I started the plan, I don't think I would have been able to prepare a healthy evening meal for myself - I would have ended up cheating, binging, whatever. So this was better for me.

So, uh yeah.

tl;dr - what works for you! Good luck!
Thanks for your input! But I think I need what you did and to reset my attitude to food. I would be lying if I said it wasnt about fast results but there is a reason i am morbidly obese and have been most of my life.
Even on day 2 i already am struggling with not eating and so im having little snacks but I am eating low carb so I am thinking about changes in my food.
I suppose it is all trial and error but I am going to try my best to do ts till I feel like I can take on food and not sabotage myself at every turn.

Guys I'm thinking of starting the Exante diet and wondering what one would be best for me...im a 22st 6ft 2 man with a bmi of 39....should I go straight into the Total one or the 800 calorie mens one...do both put you into ketosis?...also how long should you do the diets before it becomes ness to have a break.?..and can i still go swimming..norm do 80 lengths in 25metre pool..or will i be to tired...very new to this type of diet?.sorry

Back