Lozzal's third time lucky.

Lozzal

So here I am for the third time, but I'm really hoping I can do it this time. I am currently 16 stone 4.6lb and this is not far off the heaviest I have ever been.

I suffer from poly cystic kidney disease and I am at stage 3 kidney failure, but I have found that when I do this properly it actually improves my kidney function. So I am hoping that if I can lose a good few stone I will not only be more healthy but have better kidney function too which is a win win! I just need to focus on my will power!

I hope this diary will keep me on the straight and narrow. I find reading others progress spurs me on and I hope likewise to try my best to support anyone on here who is on the same journey.

So onwards and downwards!

Loz x

Hey there! Good to meet you. I read that no grain, no oil, no animal fat diets are very good for people experiencing kidney issues like yours. Really hope it helps you again. Keep hydrated!! :)

I am starting exante tomorrow, but have just done two weeks on cambridge x

Thanks for the welcome. I have managed 3 litres of water today but that's quite normal for me, I have to keep my kidneys hydrated. I'm not sure I will manage much more today though!

Looking forward to hearing what you think of exante. I think there is loads more choice than with some other brands. Good luck for tomorrow.

Loz x

Hi its going better than I expected. I'm not feeling very well this week so I think that's helping as I haven't got much of an appetite. Anything which gets us through those first few days is a plus!

Day 2 and so far so good. I have had 1 shake so far and 2 litres of water. Finding lots of jobs around the house to keep me busy. If I can get through the first 2 weeks until I go back to work it will be much easier for me to stick too.

Work is my downfall. I'm due back to work a week Friday and if I am in Ketosis I know I can stay strong and avoid temptations!

Loz x

Well done!! I couldn't get to that time and have one shake! Impressive haha. Think of all your coping strategies for when you go back in advance. Maybe write yourself a note to read? Ketosis makes everything more.manageable.for sure!

Yeah today's been good. Some stuff is nicer than Cambridge others aren't as nice but aren't bad sorta thing. Don't feel hungry though but will have to wait a few days to see if I stay in ketosis. Cambridge products kept knocking me out even though I was 100% which was infuriating to say the least haha. I finished my second week of Cambridge yesterday yep. I changed because of the ketosis thing but also because exante is way cheaper and can't have consultant appointments anyway. Hoping it goes well because I bought 100 products haha. Almost four weeks for the price of less.than a fortnight on Cambridge

Wow that's a big price difference especially if you intend to do it for some time. I find most Exante products are ok I particularly like the bars. But I have had a few a definitely wouldn't get again.

Pleased today has been good for you. I'm just having my last one because I don't tend to eat for a good few hours when I get up. Hope tomorrow is a good day for both of us.

Loz x

Day 3 today. It has been ok today, still need to have my last one yet and I've drank about 3.5litres of water. I have been having 3 packs a day and about 200 grams of ham or chicken.

I have spent lots of time in the garden today doing odd jobs. I think for me keeping busy is the way to go as a distraction. Nice to see the sun too!

Loz x

I also took my measurements. It was shocking! I think that's what I was scared of to be honest. Anyway got to face the music now and hopefully it will help me be even more determined to stay on track. I am feeling very focused at moment and I hope that by the time I go back to work at the end of next week I will be in enough of a routine to resist all temptation.

I also need to remember a recent photo I had taken which was awful for when I'm tempted to throw the towel in!

Loz x

20200127_123008.jpg

Hey Lozza, well done on day three!! Keeping busy is definitely the trick. We've been in the garden too. It's funny how people see us so differently to how we see ourselves - I don't see that picture as shocking at all. Whatever motivates you to feel in a better place with your weight and health is good though :) well done for being brave measuring. Weight is like that for me... My starting weight was something I avoided knowing for a long time.

Keep it up, you're off to a flying start :)

Thanks for your encouraging support. What shocked me about this photo was the size of my legs. They are huge.

It's funny how we are all different. Your doing fab too is it day 16 for you?

They're not sticks, but I am a photographer and the perspective in that photos is definitely exaggerating the size a bit... you're closest to the camera and the person you're sat next to is the farthest, and they're legs look smaller because of that, which again will exaggerate your size. It always bugs me when people tell me i'm not big cause i'm not blind, but sometimes there is such a thing as a badly take photo too so don't feel so crappy, but use the motivation as you said :)

Ummm I think its day 16 yeah.. second day on Exante after 2 weeks on CD. so yep, 16!

Thank you for this, I never considered the photo angle my make my legs look bigger, but to be fair most of my extra weight is on my legs and belly. This was only taken a few weeks ago when I visited my Dad in Melbourne. My Dad in the photo is the only reason I didn't delete it!

Day 4 today nearly done. I have spent most of the day in the garden painting garden fences. It has kept me busy, but tonight when the kids (who are 25&26!) were having their tea I wanted to eat with them. I wasn't hungry I think it was more the social side of sitting with them at the table.

Anyway I resisted temptation and just had some cooked chicken instead. That for me is a result!

Loz x

Back