LRO...name needs to change, I think ;(

Hi Rosie hope ur having a great week xxx

Hope the squash went well!!

Hope you have a great time at squash. Maybe your body is hanging on to them lbs

Just popping by to say hi. Seen you around on MommyB's thread so thought I'd say hello.

:wavey: Hello!! x x

How'd the squash go? Hope you've had another good food day.
Have a fab evening xx

Just popping by to say hi. Seen you around on MommyB's thread so thought I'd say hello.

:wavey: Hello!! x x

Thanks for posting on my diary. That's really sweet of you to give me some support. Hope you'll stick around.

Thanks also to my more regular visitors - don't know what I'd do if I came on and none of you had been....I would be gutted.

Anyhow, I know totally LOVE squash. It has got to be the best sport around. I was totally knackered at the end of 45 minutes - far more than running or any exercise DVD ever!!!! But its just so much fun.

Clearly, I lost EVERY game...but went from being thrashed 15-3 to being only just beat 15-10 at the end. I can't serve...that's my main problem. Although to be fair, I have only played squash about 5 times before and it was 10 years ago...so I am cutting myself some slack.

I might join a women's league (a league where people are a bit rubbish!) to see how I get on.

Also went along to the Pro-Retail show in Telford today. Its a great place to go and get freebies.

Its meant for the retail trade (but we know some people ;)), and all the big manufacturers are there peddling their wares. You get carrier bags full of stuff - and samples the whole day.

I could easily have eaten 10,000 calories on the free stuff they kept thrusting at me.

Managed to resist most of it - but not at the Green & Blacks stand, the danish pastries, the Thorntons stand and the toffee/fudge woman! So well over points even with the squash I reckon.

Ho hum, tomorrow is another day. xx

Lou, can't remember the name of the DVD - think its pump it up, lose it. It has Deanne Berry taking the class and its pretty good.

sounds like a really fun day out at the retail show - i love a freebie!!! i would of gone over on green & blacks and the pastries as well... yum! hope u have a better food day today!! and well done on ur squash.. i have never tried it but i have always fancied it - i will give it a go i think xx

oooh squash sounds really good! :D my dad plays it each week and although he's still big as a house, the amount he eats you would think he would be putting weight on, but at least the exercise is keeping him maintaining at the weight he's at :p

Squash scares me ... I still remember a v old episode of casualty where one of the people slipped and the racket broke and got stuck in their neck ... hmmm although thinking about it it's probably not that common!!

Twigs
xx

Squash sounds like fun, its great when you find a sport you really like x

I wouldn't be any good at squash, the ball flies back too quickly. Would be a good idea for you though to join a league x

Squash scares me ... I still remember a v old episode of casualty where one of the people slipped and the racket broke and got stuck in their neck ... hmmm although thinking about it it's probably not that common!!

Twigs
xx
sorry but that made me PMSL!!!

Go rosie you are doing fab,the freebies sounded interesting bet you were like a kid in a toy shop when you got home looking through the bags!!
Never tried squash TBH,not very good with a raquet unless im clobbering one round OH's head..LOL.
Well done xx

Oooh, good for you that you've found a sport you like! :)
I hate sport in all its forms LOL.

xx

my best friend put me off squash when we were younger. He was playing squash and the ball hit him in the eye, he was very lucky that he didnt lose his sight, had to stay lying down for three months!

Behave..three months lying down! ha ha
Rosie with all these horror stories of squash injuries i suggest you find a safer sport or you will end up blind or with a racket sticking out your neck which is never a good look:D
I think tiddly winks is the next way forward x

Behave..three months lying down! ha ha x

Im serious!! It was so bad the poor lad! I was away on my summer holidays in France and it happened just before I left and he was only home from hospital when I came back which was three months later!

Better watch out for the tiddleywinks they may hit you in the eye :8855:

I played Squash years ago and you'd have thought I'd been swimming! I sweated like a.........whatever sweats alot! :D It's so fast paced 'n crazy........ was bloody brilliant though. Was about 20 years ago (I'm 40 now) and don't think my poor bones 'n wobbly bum could cope as well nowadays. LOL ;)

hey Rosie, just popping in to say i hope you still have both eyes intact and nothing protruding from your jugular :)

have a lovely weekend xxx

Back