LRO...name needs to change, I think ;(

I didn't realise you had been on LL, Bev. Now that I look at your profile, I can see you say that there. How long did you manage to keep your weight off?

Prob about 3/4 years but kinda hovered around a stone over which was ok but then I split with ex got my own place, ate/ drank in the bad times ate/drank in the good times & here I am 4 stone heavier and feeling pretty dam miz about the whole thing.

Do have to be totally honest though and say I'm not convinced that doing LL hasnt left me with eating probs I didnt have previously.

Wish I could do it again just to shift a couple stone but I really don't think it would teach me anything & I am not is a position financially to be able to anyhoo.

It was sooo easy then though - 1st time round - never known anything like it before & although I lost 7.5 stone in that 7 months I did loads exercise too & never felt hungry - stuck to it religously - cant even seem to stick to 1 day now atm ?!:cry:

Yay, well done on 4.2lbs :bliss: I'm hoping for 5-6, but then I am much closer to my start weight than you are :eek: gives me faith anyway, I'm fairly certain that a VLCD is the way for me to go now.

xx

Thats great Rosie to have got rid of over 4lbs, hopefully it won't be long before the rest joins it. I think you have hit the nail on the head, you didn't let it all go back on before you took action this time. Every time I've dieted it went back on and I let it until I reached new heights. Hence the reason for the bypass this time when it started to go that way again, being over 30 stones was just insupportable. So all respect due to you and I hope it keeps comng off well.

Hope to see you soon

M

Thanks for popping by ladies - lovely to see you this Sunday morning.

Bev, I only managed to stick with the VLCD (and I had food every day!) for 10 weeks....all credit to you for managing 7 months! Does LL let you have any food at all? Having looked into all of the vlcd options, I liked W8 as it seemed the easiest to stick to - 4 foodpacks and a small protein based meal in the evening - and I didn't have to do the "counselling" thing which didn't appeal and it was about £20 a week cheaper!

Jenni, if you do go with it, then make sure your head is in the right place - I wasted so many of my packs doing false starts before finally getting beyond day 2.

Well, managed my 4ltrs of water yesterday and think it does make a difference. This time I can also have coke zero (max a couple of cans a day) as it doesn't have citric acid and knock you out of ketosis - so that was my treat last night - a can of coke zero while watching the x factor. Gosh, I know how to live!

For my tea last night I had a nice change and made myself an omellete. 2 eggs, some mushrooms, leeks and a tiny little bit of cheese - with a salad. It was really nice and might actually do it again today. (technically more than I should have had, but I reckon that an extra 100 calories of protein won't do me any real harm - means I had about 750 calories yesterday)

So 3/4 ltr of water gone before breakfast- which is ALWAYS hot chocolate (very nice too). xx

When I did LL it was uber strict.

Lived on 3 pkts or 2 pkts + bar every day with 4 litres plain water & black tea/coffee, that was it - was very strict but also very easy to follow - I did find the councelling worthwile as it did address some issues I had surrounding food & why I used it emotionally - consequently though I never got to maitenance stage as hubby left the week after I'd got to 7.5 stone loss & then I went on a very bad for me diet of going out everyweekend drinking with friends & basically starving all week - kept the weight off but sooooo unhealthy. Often wonder if I had done maintenance I wouldnt be here now but who knows.......

Oh, my life - what a nightmare. Poor you.

It may have helped - who knows. The CD folks who have no food swear by moving up through the stages to get to maintenance and re-introduce food.

I am amazed that you managed to stick to that regime for so long. I take my hat off to you! I feel like a lightweight VLCD'er - but it works for me. xx

Thanks Claire - you look lovely in the meet pics by the way - so pretty!

Just when I thought it was safe and I was in ketosis - I seem to be very hungry today. I think it must be the drinks that I have had - I was being too tight to buy the water flavourings from W8 and thought that as long as they were low carb I would be fine....apparently its the citric acid that knocks you out of ketosis and when you are out of ketosis, you are hungry!

Well, going to have my half pint of skimmed milk now - bloomin clocks going back don't help either...an extra hour to bedtime!

Off to Penrith later and meeting the W8 counsellor en route to buy some water flavourings!!! It will look well meeting at a roadside hotel to buy some powder from the boot of a car!!!

If you disappear for a few days we will know you have been arrested for suspected drug smuggling then! lol! Well done on your loss angel! :) xx

Ha ha whenever we are driving round & you see dodgy looking peeps at the side of the road up to no good i always think..what if i saw something on crimewatch,would i remember colour of car/details etc?!

Dont somehow think you look the"powder" buying type tho rosie!;)

Did you see eastenders this week when pat & peggy thought shirleys cocaine was sherbert in the ice cream van? funny!

Lol just imagining you now with a hoodie on buying your water flavourings hehe

hope this week goes ok for you xx

Hi Rosie

well done on the fab loss this week :) Hope you got your water flavourings ... CD do a savoury one which ends up tasing a bit like oxo .. good for those colder days :)

Twigs
xx

Thanks for your concern, ladies. The powder drop went off without a hitch - so I now have a variety of water flavourings to hand to stop the tedium that is drinking plain water.

I also, (impulsively) bought some Ketostix just to make sure that I am in ketosis (the fat burning stage) and I AM :D:D:D. I had worried that my drinking diet vimto might have put me back but all is well.

I also bought some of the snack bars of the W8 woman - coconut and chocolate one is absolutely gorgeous - just like an extremely expensive bounty really - £1.95 for one bar!!! Wont be eating too many of them at that price - only actually bought 2 coconut and 2 choc anyway. You can have 1 a day in addition to everything else.

Only managing 3 packs today though as the bar is still very high in protein and does fill you up a lot.

4.5lts of water today. :D

That is a LOT of water. I'm glad to see you doing so well and coping with it again, you'll be there in no time at this rate. Do you get black coffee and tea allowed in your water intake or do they come seperately or not allowed at all? Its all very interesting.

Hope you're safely arrived in Penrith ..are you there for long?

M

Is there such a thing as drinking TOO much water? Or doesn't it matter? and how does it really help you to lose weight? I've never been a really big fan of water, but brought one of those Water Filters and so getting there slowly try and drink 8 glasses a day :D

well done on your loss Rosie, you're more than a quarter of the way there already :D

also go you with your water - do you not feel "sloshy" with so much water? i'm totally impressed at how much you drink.. i'm like Smirky - struggle to get my recommended daily intake x

Back