LT and muscles

akasja

Ok, I dont want this to sound really bad but I can only ask......

I stopped playing sport 4 years ago due to a bad injury, and while I was playing I was training 3-4 times a week which was enough to keep my weight at bay. My BMI was always higher than what it should be but my doctor always told me that was because BMI does not take muscle mass into account, and it is much heavier than fat mass.

Since I stopped though the weight has kept on creeping up until I've had a shock and realised I need to lose it all.

From playing many years I have toned arms and legs on the main. Will going on LT have an adverse effect on muscle? Will being in ketosis eat away at my muscle as well as my fat?

From what I've read ketosis sticks to fat and leaves muscle alone. I could be wrong but I'm almost certain that I saw it on the LT vid. Have you watched the vid?

Someone with a bit more knowledge of the subject will probably be along soon who can answer it better than I can but like I said I'm pretty sure I've read/heard somewhere that ketosis leaves muscle mass be, at least whilst there's pure fat on the body to burn instead anyway.

I think the fact that you already have toned arms and muscles you will be fine. However, I would try and introduce some form of exercise while on LT, I left in very late and have a problem now with saggy baggy skin eeuuugghhh!! LT haters will tell you that Ketosis does eat away at muscle but to be honest I don't really know, what I do know is I look better with my clothes on!!! Good lcuk with the weight loss!!

Muscle is only affected when you stay on keto-diets longterm. In essence LT is a low carb protein diet. Protein being good for muscle retention. If you exercise and do not over do the term of time of LT it will in no way reduce your muscle mass.

Back