LT- changing my life for the better!

Determined Girl

Here's hoping
Hey gang,

Well as you all know I've had a few 'down' moments this last week but I think today I've turned a bit of a corner.

I was just coming home from the gym and as I was coming down the drive I was just smiling. It hit me that I'm becoming happy. I mean I'm always this 'happy' person to be around...but 99% of the time I'm unhappy with me.

I was thinking about an ex of mine who I've been hung up on for a long time and I thought 'if he meets someone...good for him...let it go' and I realised that I'm moving on with my life in so many ways.

I'm HAPPY to be losing weight. Maybe the last few weeks I've not lost quite as much as I'd hoped...but I'm in CONTROL- and that hasn't been the case in YEARS. I'm doing this for ME. Not for a man, not for anyone else but ME. What a feeling!!! It occurred to me...is this what most other people feel ALL the time? What a great feeling!

It just felt so surprising...and so wondeful that I had to come on here and ramble. I know LT has its critics- but a month ago I was a binge eating bullimic who was desperately unhappy and felt like nothing was ever going to change- that my life was stuck in a rut of unhappiness...and now...it feels like my life is changing in so many ways.

I'm getting slimmer...I'm going to the gym. I'm finding I enjoy saying 'no' and I'm understanding (finally) that I've been punishing myself for YEARS by over-eating and feeling unhappy.

I guess none of this makes sense...but...I just feel...content. And man oh man...that feels GOOD!

xx

you know sometimes i think we were separted at birth the tings you say are so spot on for me its scary. you really have a way with words.

congrats for getting there after a hard week and im so glad that you're feeling happy. keep up all the good work and the weight and inches will continue to drop.

Oh, it makes lots of sense...lots!!!

Thanks for sharing how you feel. It is so good to know what is going on inside and outside and you are doing incredibly well.

You will find such a new release of life as you carry on the LT journey.

I am happy, the happiest I have ever been. I love me; I love what I see in the mirror and the comments I received, and it is all because of the tool of LT!

Enjoy your lovely feelings and they will carry you through whenever you feel low and down and that it is tough going.

Just think, in a few weeks time, you will no doubt have dropped another dress size....clothes getting bigger and bigger..oh, it is euphoric!

Have a fab weekend!!

awww hun its brilliant to hear you sooo happy- and you very much deserve it!!! I admit I too have been happier on Lt :D

You are in the driving seat of your life and taking control- making the decisions that will change everything for good. The fact that you are now over the ex- is a very good sign that you are content and looking forward to the future! Its only too easy to forget who we are and to dwell on how 'happy' we once were at the best times in past relationships.

Your a gorgeous, intelligent and strong woman with wonderful qualities.... Think that whilst on LT your a caterpillar going though metamorphoses and you are slowing transforming in a beautiful butterfly eventually with big freedom-achieveing wings, capable of taking you into any direction on the horizon that you wish and achieving all your dreams :)

xxx

I am so glad that you feel better babes. You sound so much more focused. I am sure that you will progress further now that you are seeing and feeling the changes.

Determined, you have probably expressed just how so many of us feel. We do seem happy on the outside, but it is just a veneer. The inside is just pure turmoil. you are so right about taking control. I have felt the same this week. I have finally taken control of my spiralling weight and now realise that I and only I can change this body of mine. Well done for voicing this so well and for turning the corner of a tough week for you.

aww hun its so nice to hear that you`v got through a horrible week and yourfeeling much more positive, what youv said is so true and you must be feeling elated at the prospect of finally being happy with you.. well done hun xxx

I'm so happy to hear that you're feeling good & moving on! I have to say, I really identify with that. In the space of a week about a month ago, I broke up with my boyfriend, was contacted by not one, but two, old flames (the two most destructive of my romantic life) & I just shrugged them both off. It just didn't matter any more & for me that's amazing. It always mattered so so much. LT, I salute you!

You are doing so well & your posts always make me smile, as you've always got something positive to say (even when you're not having the best time!). Great that the diet is impacting not only your weight & long may your happiness continue!!

Hannah

It makes perfect sense! Probably to us all!

I too keep catching on to myself just bouncing along happily and suddenly have a thought like 'Whoops! I've forgotten to be miserable'! The big bad world of Tomorrow doesn't seem such a dark place anymore. Plans aren't as scary, bumping into people doesn't have to as feared. I'm getting a taste of what it must be like to be 'normal' -and I like it!

Hold on to this feeling woman - we've a long road to walk yet but this feeling is what will carry us there!

COME ON!!!

:D makes a lot of sense its a new start a new part of life all out there to find and enjoy
even in a short space of time my life has changed too
2 months ago i was on prozac started LT stoped taking them the problems are still there ish ..but not eating crap has somehow made my brain work :eek: big strange but it is thinking and working like it used to the poison in un healthy food is out of my body and i walk round smiling like a idiot :D ..
well done to you for moving on and starting to enjoy life again

debz x

i am so glad you are happy with yourself its a great felling when you are happy inside i think its and LT thing only been on it a week and feel i now have a future:D

Awww, i'm really pleased you feel happier, I do too! Someone at work actually asked me today if i'd lost weight (i have not told ppl at work due to neg comments) and I was over the moon it had been noticed. Little things make such a difference, and feeling content or happy is a huge step!! i'm really pleased for you xx

weyhey luce x
great to see you more positive and happy with yourself.
really pleased for you.
sounds like you've changed your mindset and are starting to love yourself again.and so you should too.

xxx

Hi Luce,
glad to see that Luce back again. You have it in bucketfuls and you are able to share it, it's a great trait and will keep you going.
There are so many beautiful, positive, honest women (sorry lads, I do rate you too) on this forum that it has been a pleasure to be part of it. Keep posting, keep telling your story, keep losing.
All the best.
Doirin

*hugest hugs* Wahey this is the Lucy I know and love to bits!

That is fantastic to read sweetie! What a brilliant heartwarming ramble! Contentment is a wonderful feeling. You keep going down that road and don't look back as you deserve all the happiness in the world.

Oh and do me a favour, when you reach goal - Go to where you know the EX will be and nonchalantly walk pass without a care in the world. I'd love to see his face!

You'll soon have a queue of men a mile long wanting a little piece of you but you'll be too busy loving yourself too bother! Great!

X

Cheers guys-

love you all to infinity and beyond.

P.S Betsy- I ALREADY have the whole 'swanning past ex as he does a double take cartoon-styleee' scenario planned. Mwah hahahahahahaha (like my evil dictator cackle??)

x

Hi Determined Girl

Brilliant post!! Well done you. Your confidence is begining to sparkle through.
Ex's eeeek. It never ends hon. I'm in my 50s and had to attend a function at my husbands ex's do for their son's 21st.
Now normally I would have been shaking in my boots, but this time, thanks to LT losses, I went in head held high in my slimmer jeans and little black jacket, and although there they all were, ex, her husband, friends and parents, I was able to laugh, have fun and even dance!!
We hide behind this weight and are forgetting what a lovely world it is out there...lets tuck in...to life that is...NOT food...ha ha!! ;)

Back