Lucy's Last Resort

LucyG

After attempting WW, SW and JUDDD I have decided that CC is my best bet. I struggle massively with portion control and bingeing and so JUDDD just hasn't worked for me. I wish it had due to the extra health benefits but it's just not compatible with my mentality or lifestyle. I've over-eaten on my past two fast days and so now I think it's time to throw in the towel. I had a moment on Monday night where all I could think was that I was just going to be fat forever because I don't have the willpower. BUT I DO! I haven't always been this big. I used to be slim and eat small portions. I just need to train myself back into that lifestyle and I think my best bet is through CC. I need a constant restriction to enable me to do this.

Starting tomorrow I shall be on a 1200 calorie diet. I have my MFP app all sorted out. I have an idea of what I'll be having for breakfast, I have one or two options and so I will see what I prefer. I have my alarm set for 7am for a nice early run. I started running this summer using a C25K app but only made it to week 4. I spent the summer away and as soon as I came back I moved apartments and started a new job so everything has been all up in the air. So that's my excuse for stopping my running ;) I still haven't finished unpacking yet!! Tomorrow morning I shall pick up where I left off (hopefully!). I have a yoga class planned for Friday morning as well. This evening I've checked out the opening times for my local swimming pool, it's currently closed for refurb until next week but after then it will be open until 11pm on certain nights. No excuse to not go for a swim after work. Or before bed even!

I've decided that I really need to focus on exercising. After starting running, something that I never thought I could do or even enjoy, I have realised that I need to be way more active. I feel so invigorated after a run and I need to keep it up to stop me from being the lazy lump that I currently am. Take this evening for instance, I returned home from work around 7pm and what have I done? Sat on my bed, eaten sweets, gone on the computer, eaten dinner, watched tv, eaten ice cream, gone on the computer. FOR FIVE HOURS! It's crazy when I consider how much time I spend doing insignificant things. Why wasn't I unpacking?! Lazy.

SO! Here I go...

Good luck dude! I need to get back on my game with running- its harder to motivate yourself in the chilly autumn/winter pitch black mornings!! :D

Thanks! I ended up not making it out for my morning run, I didn't get a lot of sleep and so when my alarm went off at 7am and then I heard the rain outside...I went back to sleep oops!

Food wise I've done amazing, I'm so happy. I've been able to eat a decent amount and there was even calories left over for some sweets when I got home from work! I feel like CC is the best route for me because its restricting me enough to stop me from over-eating but not restricting me from eating the types of food that I want. Maybe I will finally learn about moderation!

Breakfast: fat free yog, 2 pieces of toast with Nutella
Lunch: avocado, tomato, mozzarella, coppa salad
Dinner: half a pork medallion, ratatouille, carrot purée with coriander
Snacks: pear, full fat yog, sweets, hotdog sausage

I mean typing that out it doesn't feel like I'm on a restricted diet at all!

This morning I've had a yoga lesson in a park. My first ever yoga lesson and I enjoyed it! Impressed at my ability to balance! Definitely feel stretched out now. Think i will attempt the hairy dieters leek lasagna for dinner tonight. Fingers crossed!

I haven't been ccing this weekend. I had a night out planned for Saturday so I ate lightly in the day to compensate (a little) for my night of debauchery. Had intended to cc on Sunday but was hungover and exhausted so didn't manage it. Back on it today though and not feeling too guilty. Got my leftover hairy slimmers lasagna for tea, can't wait. Really enjoyed it. Want to start swimming again this week.

The past two days I have started off cc-ing but then given up by mid afternoon. Feeling a bit disheartened. I've still not started exercising either. I keep coming up with pathetic excuses. At the weekend it was because my muscles were still aching from Fridays yoga session. Monday I was still sore from my night out on Saturday night. Tuesday I thought I had an evening meeting but my dates were mixed up and I didn't find out until I got to the place. so I wasn't home until after 8pm and then up for work at 6am the next day. Wednesday evening was the actual meeting and again I didn't get home until late. I'm just a bag of pathetic excuses. Of course I can fit in time for a short workout. I just need to get my lazy bum moving! Tomorrow I shall go for a morning run. Set my alarm for 7am and get the hell up and moving!!

Today was WI. I've sts. No surprise when you consider that out of the last week I only cc properly for 2 or 3 days. What do I expect? A miracle?!

I'm resigned to the fact that I won't be slim for my birthday at the end of this month. I always get these unachievable ideas in my head. If I really stuck to this religiously then I should be able to reach my target just after Christmas. So maybe I will aim for the end of jan/feb to allow for some slip ups. I know where I'm going wrong: I need to plan more. Currently I'm just taking each meal as it comes and seeing what I feel like. And so I return home after work with hardly any cals left for an evening snack. I need to allocate set amounts of cals for each meal to make sure I'm satiated through the whole day. For some reason I always tried to skimp on breakfast but I've realised that I really need to fill up then to ensure that when it comes to lunchtime at work I am less tempted by the higher cal options. This morning I had a large breakfast and I feel better for it. Lunch has been soup from a carton and although I initially didn't like it I added a teaspoon of mustard and a small amount of grated cheese. These little extras turned it from the yucky generic tasting veg soup it was into an enjoyable meal for less than 150cals. I need to sit down tonight and have a ruddy good plan for my meals next week. And also this weekend. Then I can shop and have everything in ready to make it easier and stop me from temptation.

One thing I definitely need to buy is little portions of cheese to stop me eating a load of cheese at work!

OMG WHAT is your job that they have cheese available for eating all day? Heavenly!

BerryBerry said:
OMG WHAT is your job that they have cheese available for eating all day? Heavenly!

Haha, it's not that exciting! I'm a nanny for a French family and so there is a fridge full of cheese available for me to pick at all day long. The little boy I look after will regularly have an afternoon snack of just cheese and its so hard to not join in!

This week I has been a disaster cc wise but then at the same time I've lost the 1kg I'd gained the previous week. It my totm so I'm guessing it must've been water retention or something. So glad I'm down into the 10st category again, even if only just! And also glad that despite me not ccing I've not gained weight.

Back on it tomorrow, no excuses! Going to set my alarm for 7am tomorrow morning and go for a run if its not raining. Seriously need to get back into exercising again. Get on the 30DS. In 2 weeks it will be my 25th birthday (vomit!) so it'd be nice to have some sort of body improvement by then, even if it will only be minor. Also in 3 weeks time I'll be meeting with old university friends and my ex will be there too. He's apparently lost weight and I've put it all on! So being slightly less wobbles would be nice!!

Ahh thats awesome- you are right though SO difficult when temptation is everywhere. I am awful at weekends when the fridge and world of food is my oyster but luckily can be quite strict when in the office in the week.

Good luck with your run! I have been awful with it too recently, its scary how quickly the habit can break. It is hard to motivate once the mornings get cold and chilly too- however if you do get out first thing I find that the endorphins are amazing and I feel so good all day long.

Back