Lunch help plz

jacqui35

Silver Member
Hi all

Im having pasta with bacon and chicken with garlic mixed with sweetcorn and mayo in all a bowl.

Problem i have is what do i have with it?? I have no lettuce but do have tom cucumber peppers mushrooms etc and loads of veg but i dont think any of that would taste nice with it, as im doing ee and need some super food on plate grrrr

Help would be appreciated cheers :D

Why not make a salad with the tomatoes, peppers, cucumber and mushroom.
Add a low cal or syn free dressing.
That would be really nice with your pasta dish.

You could also fry up the mushrooms with the peppers and tomatoes and serve it on the side.

If you have loads of veg, you could always steam a whole lot and serve them as a salad, or hot if you choose.

Hmmm..how about roasting peppers, tomatoes, onions etc and having them on the side? :-\ I'm not really sure if that will go with the mayo dressing. I would probably do that anyway just to get the super free food in there. Or maybe a little side salad/salsa thing... diced up tomato, pepper, cucumber mixed up with a little vinegar? Hope you think of something hun :)

maybe add some cooked onions and mushrooms, you dont have to have the super free foods with it
maybe have some fruit afterwards and count that as the superfree part

Mmm, roasted veggies sound nice Jacquie...or just chop up the cucucumer, onion and peppers and add some garlic, passata and chilli powder and make a salsa to go with your pasta. X

stir fry them up including the cucumber (it takes on a lovely nutty flavour when cooked this way) or mediteranian roasted vegetables spring to mind.

Back