Lunch ideas for a husband who doesn't 'do' salad

Lalazig

Hi there

My husband and I are attempting SW at home. Extra Easy we reckon.

I'm sorted for lunch choices I think but my other half will struggle. He works in a place with no on site catering. All they have is a fridge and a microwave. If he has his bread in the morning (is that HexB?) then what can he have for lunch? The following?

- homemade pasta salad
- rice salad? Any ideas of recipes?
- jacket potato & beans?
- soup? Are there any shop bought soups that are ok?

I'm struggling otherwise ......

Many thanks for your help

if he has access to a mirowave, you could just put a portion of whatever you have for dinner aside for hime to take in. I do this but dont take in the next day but the day after to mix things up a bit. I get so fed up with making lunches, but love the eve meal.

have you tried .quiche.or pasta mixed with chicken and pepers.or curry in pots that he can reheat .or do a baked potatoe that he can reheat with beans .lorna

mug shots, chicken drumsticks,

Some Tina of soup are HEb or may be low syn.

Tuna, sweetcorn pasta is a favourite of mine or lunch. I make up a batch of tuna and separate it into portions. I make my pasta the night before and just add one of my pre-made portions.

Some Tina of soup are HEb or may be low syn.

Tuna, sweetcorn pasta is a favourite of mine or lunch. I make up a batch of tuna and separate it into portions. I make my pasta the night before and just add one of my pre-made portions.

What superfree are you having with that though? wouldn't you need a salad on the side or something?

i'm not big on salad atm cos its so cold. But what I am really enjoying is roasted vegetables. Roast up some red onion, peppers, courgette, brussel sprouts, carrots, whatever you fancy, spritzed with fry light, salt and pepper. mix with just about anything. Today I mixed them with some pasta and low fat salad cream, other days I mix them with tinned beans and have with a baked potato, mix with some rice and soy sauce, mix with some scrambled egg. You could add whatever other meat you fancy too. All of those are nice cold too.

You could try the sw quiche, its whatever veg you want cooked until soft. add to an ovenproof dish. Pour over 3 beaten eggs mixed with cottage cheese and bake. I dont know the exact amount of cottage cheese, but the recipe is on here!

I'm not 100% on the syns (just started) but I'm thinking of making Japanese rice triangles.
Prepare stuffing I like tuna and cucumber or a bit of smoked salmon and pickled ginger in mine.
Cook a sticky rice balls(sushi rice best I use short grain Egyptian but pudding rice should work)
While rice is still hot put cling film over hand fill palm with rice (you may want to wear an oven mitt)
Add teaspoon stuffing
Add little more rice and shapeso it is sealed in cling film.
Cool in fridge they can about 4 days in fridge if stuffing won't go off faster.

im not a huge salad fan either and also only have access to microwave!
Use mugshots for something quick or some of the Batchelours deli boxes are only 1.5 syns. otherwise homemade soups i do big batch on monday and it lasts all week, Pasta salads, quiche with rice or cold new potatos, rice mixed with cold chicken, sweetcorn, ham, onion, cooked peas etc.
Also if i do anything like spag bol, chilli, stew etc i put leftovers in tub to heat up next day!
Other ideas are a picnic style lunch with SW KFC pieces, Sw Quiche, boiled eggs, potato salad, sw coleslaw etc
Cold stirfry - noodles with chicken/beef and cooked veg?
hope that helps a bit!

Thanks everyone. This week we've used left over pasta for him, bought pasta salad and homemade salads - yep I persuaded him by making them very tasty with spring onions, boiled egg and chillies!

Back