Lunch ideas needed please

mumto4

I am at uni and have no kitchen facilities at all. Just seem to be taking salad each day or cold pasta. Anything else I could take, need to eat a different variety as salads getting a bit boring now lol :cry:

Hi Mumto4,

I have to take a cold lunch to work each day too. I follow mainly red days, here are some of the things I take:

Ryvita (or Ryvita Mini's)
Packets of cooked ham
pieces of cooked chicken
Tin of no drain tuna and cucumber
Laughing Cow Extra Light Cheese Triangles
Mini Baby Bell Light
Lots of choppped up free veg/salad

I often take a mixture of these items and cut it up on a plate, and eat like a buffet.

My favourite at the moment is to take a whole cucumber, cut in half lenghtways, cut out the middle and stuff with tuna. This is then like eating a baguette, but with cucumber instead of bread. This keeps/travels really well wrapped in foil.

Hope this helps

Invest in a food food flask and you can take soup, curry, stew, chillis etc.

What about pasta/rice/cous cous salads with loads of veggies

And then there's home-made quiche or fritatta

If they do baked potatoes in the canteen you could have those with beans or take your own SW friendly fillings.

Take a flask of boiling water and you could make up a sachet of flavoured cous cous.

Circes,

Thanks I forgot about quiche - I will add that to my repertoire!

I tried the SW scotch eggs once too, but didn't like them as much when they were cold

Thanks! The cucumber/tuna thing sounds nice. Will buy myself a nice big flask!! :)

Back