Lunch out for my daughter's birthday and feel awful.

slimmingmadhouse

We went to the Hungry Horse for lunch to celebrate my daughters birthday, after looking at there nutrition I had decided the things I would definatly avoid, but to be honest there wasn't much SW friendly on the menu. We shared a platter for starter and then had scampi and chips but left at least half of the chips as didn't particularly like them. We brought pudding back and I had only 1/2 of a waffle on a stack of 4 because it was so sickly.

I now feel like I've overeaten and feel so full. It wasn't even a great deal compared to what I used to eat pre-SW but I think I'm just not used to it anymore.

I wish in this day and age restaurants would include a few more healthy items on their menu, or at least a fresh fruit salad at the end.

I like the harvester, as they have a salad bar and a few reasonably low cal options, and they have all the nutrition on the menu too :)

It is hard to eat out though but now and again doesn't hurt, esp if its less than before it's still a good thing :D

wetherspoons is a good one, their superfood salad and their chili noodles are lush!personally I don't plan on a life without enjoying friends/family social events so if one week I don't lose or or have a wee gain coz of it, I'm not too worried as long as I'm on plan more than off I'm a happy bunny :) hope ur feeling better soon xxx

We went to a brewers fayre a few weeks ago and my hubby hates ordering so I have to make it as simple as possible-only thing on the menu was a chocked and bacon salad-without the dressing. Otherwise I'd have had to ask for no sauce,no chips,no oil,no dip etc etc

We went to the Hungry Horse for lunch to celebrate my daughters birthday, after looking at there nutrition I had decided the things I would definatly avoid, but to be honest there wasn't much SW friendly on the menu. We shared a platter for starter and then had scampi and chips but left at least half of the chips as didn't particularly like them. We brought pudding back and I had only 1/2 of a waffle on a stack of 4 because it was so sickly.

I now feel like I've overeaten and feel so full. It wasn't even a great deal compared to what I used to eat pre-SW but I think I'm just not used to it anymore.

I wish in this day and age restaurants would include a few more healthy items on their menu, or at least a fresh fruit salad at the end.

So, first thing is to NOT feel guilty about it.

You were out for a special occassion.
It was your daugthers birthday
Some times life gets in the way

Okay, pep talk over.
Things you must now NOT do
1) Eat no syns to compensate (don't you dare- I will find out if you do - eat at least 5 a day til you weigh in)
2) Stress about going out for dinner once in a while for a special occassion.

What you should do to try and limit the damage
1) Remember its one meal out of 21 - you don't throw a whole bunch of flowers away cos one is bit dodgy now do you?
2) Eat some more superfree. Eveni f you just make sure you snack on it instead of free foods it will help
3) Drink lots of water to help with the bloated feeling.

But above all - STOP stressing

Thank you, love your post. Don't worry I don't feel guilty as I always think lifes too short for that, and my daughter's birthday was way more important. There will be lots of superfree and water over the next few days as I've just read about the 777 plan on another thread and thought I might give it a go. I'm going to get my book out later to check up on the speed foods. There's still loads of cake in the fridge and it doesn't appeal to me at all. Didn't think I would ever say that! lol

Hi

I quite like hungry horse as they have as I think a few of the things are sw friendly, but I like steak and tuna. I usually just ask if my side can be a jacket and ask for a side salad too. Most places will let you tweak or order off menu.

I wouldn't worry as it was a special occasion, I'm sure getting back to normal will absorb the extra intake. Don't be disheartened :)

I know what u mean about the bloated feeling. When I've been on diets in the past for a while and have a "meal off" I'm amazed at how crappy and overfull I feel afterwards.

Its just your bodys way of telling you it doesnt want that kind of food any more. Its amazing how your body changes after you start eating healthily. Im feeling bloated today too but cant put my finger on why?

Hi

I quite like hungry horse as they have as I think a few of the things are sw friendly, but I like steak and tuna. I usually just ask if my side can be a jacket and ask for a side salad too. Most places will let you tweak or order off menu.

I was going to have a steak until I looked in the SW book and the syns and fat level are really high. I did think about the blackened tuna, but wasn't sure if it was spicy. Have you tried it before?

This wasn't an every day thing so don't feel guilty! Plus it was a special occasion & sometimes you have to make an exception & be more laid back :)

Think how much you could have eaten! To be honest I don't think you did badly at all, half a waffle? I'm sure I would have scoffed all 4 ;)

SW is about fitting it into your lifestyle including eating out without having to worry, you can only choose the BEST option even if it's high in syns. Remember you can have a flexi day, guilt free :)

Back