Lunch Time menu on cold days like today!

Bella30

Silver Member
Hi All

Was just looking for some ideas on lunch time ideas for both red and green days now the weather is getting colder? I have access to a microwave at work but that's it. I ususally take my own food but am finding I need something warm now the snow is here!

Thanks

Bels

soup or mugshots....or leftovers from the night before?

Linzi, what are mug shots?

Lilaloves, I was actually craving stew today..think I need to find a good recipie and get cooking!

For my stew I literally just cut up carrots, turnip, onions and potatos and boil them in water with chicken bovril. I dont even put meat in it. Just veg, potatos and salt/pepper. Have it had for a few days now. SO easy and soo yummy.

That sounds quite nice, thanks. Will have to give that a go!

mugshots are like a cross between a pot noodle and a cup of soup lol...i had one today you just put them in a cup with hot water. I had a ministrone one today its free on ee and real tasty and full of pasta too, great on days like this

A good food flask - loaded with a nice hot chilli! - or a nice thick winter veg soup.

All home made of course;)

Steve

1. Homemade spicy butternut soup- recipe from BBC goodfood site. Very yum.
2. Mug shots r fab- pasta, noodle and cous cous ones- all free or couple of syns max. My favourite is chicken pasta.
3. Leftovers- make more for dinner than u need- I have pasta, rice, risotto, noodle dishes all reheated from nite before
4. Jacket spud, beans and cheese- a SW staple for me.

Am having tomato pasta for lunch today- leftovers from my tea. Passata, onions, mushrooms, peppers, garlic, herbs, then quark stirred in at last moment, then poured over pasta.

Homemade leek and potato soup today :)

S'cuse the dumb question, but if I do myself a massive slow cooker full of stew (including extra lean stewing steak), can it be freezed?

Yes! Once it's defrosted though it can't be re-frozen.

Hope that helps x

Back