Lunches on the go?

Honeyoc

Is a crunchy mama!
I know this has probably been asked a million times but does anyone have any suggestions on what to get for lunches in cafes, supermarkets etc that are free or low syn? Like what's the best thing to get at Pret? Or M&S? Etc... I feel so out of the loop! Thanks!

Probs not a lot of help but when I went to the Marks and Spencer cafe I had Jacket Potato with Chilli. It came with a side salad and dressing in a little jar (so no need to have any). I "guessed" at 4 syns on extra easy incase any oil in the chilli / wont be extra lean mince but it wasnt a huge portion of chilli so feel happy it what i guessed.

Sushi all the way! Tesco and M&S always have a good selection, syns vary depending on the size etc but the huge one in tesco is only 4.5syns and there is no way I could attempt to eat it all

Tesco also does a Moroccan Chicken couscous salad which works out at 3.5 syns on the calculator & M&S do a few Count On Us meals for 5 syns and under like the King Prawn Pasta Salad and Vietnamese Chicken Salad. Also Waitrose has a Prawn Noodle Salad which is about 3-4 syns I think (you can tell I work in the town centre and am lazy!!)

Subway does salad plates, whilst in cafes you could always go for the English breakfast (Change the sausage for more bacon) and just count a few syns for the cooking method and 1 syn per fried egg.

If you just want a snack, don't forget McDonalds!!! Yes, I said McDonalds... Carrot bags and fruit bags (apple and grapes).

Also, in your 'condition' if you don't think sushi would be ok, I know that Tesco does 'veggie' sushi.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Basic/Non Branded Foods Sushi, rice with vegetables, chilled 100g
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
1 Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 7 Syns
green.gif
Green 1 Syns
[/FONT]
Basic/Non Branded Foods
Sushi, rice with fish, chilled 100g
[/FONT]
extraeasy.gif
1½ Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 4 Syns
green.gif
Green 1½ Syns
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]

Thanks so much for the suggestion guys! I love sushi, I just make sure I eat the ones with cooked fish. Does anyone know if the pret a manger soups are any good syns wise? Thanks again!

Back