Lunches on the go?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Honeyoc, 13 December 2010 Social URL.

1. Honeyoc

Honeyoc Is a crunchy mama!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    I know this has probably been asked a million times but does anyone have any suggestions on what to get for lunches in cafes, supermarkets etc that are free or low syn? Like what's the best thing to get at Pret? Or M&S? Etc... I feel so out of the loop! Thanks!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. geordie_lass21

geordie_lass21 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.5lb(6.98%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Probs not a lot of help but when I went to the Marks and Spencer cafe I had Jacket Potato with Chilli. It came with a side salad and dressing in a little jar (so no need to have any). I "guessed" at 4 syns on extra easy incase any oil in the chilli / wont be extra lean mince but it wasnt a huge portion of chilli so feel happy it what i guessed.

4. Honeyoc

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    Jacket potato is a great idea thanks!!

5. ninnins

ninnins SW ROCKS!

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9.5lb(30.69%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Sushi all the way! Tesco and M&S always have a good selection, syns vary depending on the size etc but the huge one in tesco is only 4.5syns and there is no way I could attempt to eat it all

6. Moo85

Moo85 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st2lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(11.39%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Tesco also does a Moroccan Chicken couscous salad which works out at 3.5 syns on the calculator & M&S do a few Count On Us meals for 5 syns and under like the King Prawn Pasta Salad and Vietnamese Chicken Salad. Also Waitrose has a Prawn Noodle Salad which is about 3-4 syns I think (you can tell I work in the town centre and am lazy!!)

7. Lonestitcher

Lonestitcher Silver Member

Subway does salad plates, whilst in cafes you could always go for the English breakfast (Change the sausage for more bacon) and just count a few syns for the cooking method and 1 syn per fried egg.

If you just want a snack, don't forget McDonalds!!! Yes, I said McDonalds... Carrot bags and fruit bags (apple and grapes).

Also, in your 'condition' if you don't think sushi would be ok, I know that Tesco does 'veggie' sushi.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Basic/Non Branded Foods Sushi, rice with vegetables, chilled 100g
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [​IMG] 1 Syns on Extra Easy [​IMG] Original 7 Syns [​IMG] Green 1 Syns [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    Basic/Non Branded Foods
    Sushi, rice with fish, chilled 100g
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [​IMG] 1½ Syns on Extra Easy [​IMG] Original 4 Syns [​IMG] Green 1½ Syns
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]

8. Honeyoc

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    Thanks so much for the suggestion guys! I love sushi, I just make sure I eat the ones with cooked fish. Does anyone know if the pret a manger soups are any good syns wise? Thanks again!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.