Lurker Turned Poster Due To Rainbow Rose's Diary - Time to start my own diary

Morning Pooks! Pants arrived early this morning, thanks you're a star. Beautifully ironed aswell, Im always a bit wary of people who iron underwear! ;)

I dont iron normal underwear Squeezy but the grumpy pants etc dont work as well if you dont look after them properly they have very high standards ;)

evening Pookie, would love to say something sensible and motivational, but seems like its already been said and reading about your exercise it seems motivation you already have in spades :):) xx

Have kind of ruined my diet this week we were out last night so we had Mcdonalds and I had a quater pounder with cheese as I would have had before i started my diet I now have chicken nuggets but I had the burger and it was horrid I didnt like it at all I still ate it though cause I was hungry then tonight we went out for a meal and I just went for the lot didnt restrict myself at all so I think I am going to be crap at weight loss this week but who cares I think I just needed a break from all this dieting sh*t I did everything right this week and no end of exercise and lost nothing so whats the point

Will be back on tomorrow but today I had the rebel in me ;)

Last edited:
Pookie... You're JUDDING. You might be surprised -- on Biggest Loser they say that if you do a lot of fitness and don't eat enough, your weight loss slows because your body goes into "starvation mode" ... So think positively. ;)

Don't get yourself down pooks, like Mel said your body might need a few more calories

Good morning Pooks, eating a lot more than you have been revs the old metabolism up a bit. WW-ers refer to it as the Wendy Plan I think, but it's a bit of a secret. You can google it tho.

Now ladies I have to announce that Mel has created the opening for Pooks story; I have moved it to my thread as our Pooks apparently has gone all shy and retreated into her shell and doesn't want to be our literary focus..........bad luck Pooks:giggle:

I know you are totally disappointed in your STS this week and had a rebellious moment, but I actually think that it won't have done you any harm and may actually have done some good in jolting your metabolism a bit and you will have a loss next week. Don't lose heart as look what happened the week before, you had a fantastic loss after another STS, you can do this, you are doing this....... It does get more difficult the longer you have been doing it, which is why I think a mini blowout now and again won't make a huge difference in the grand scheme of things, as long as you restrict it to one day............. Younare doing really well Pookie, don't give up now x x x

puts on reading glasses and peers over the top of them, as she thinks it makes her look sterner* tee hee ;)

where has my deterimined and focused mermaid gone? Okay, you've had a couple of meals, one you didn't enjoy and another while you were in the sod it mood, what's the point?

I've been there, and i've told you that I overdid it on holiday once, got carried away, and ate very little, but walked all day every day for a period of 5 days, then came hone and was absolutely gutted to have lost not an ounce!

The body does slip into starvation mode hun, as Mel says,..so its being the rebel, not you!

Look at that massive weight loss 2 weeks ago?..take a moment to remember how great that made you feel, how motivated you were, how in that moment you believed that all the hard work was going to pay off..and you were well on your way to achieving the look and the lifestyle you so badly want...like we all do :)

the scales are not always our best friend, now and again they don't tell us what we want or expect to hear..but think how happy they make you feel when they do?

Even if the numbers hardly budge or remain still, your body is still recognising the changes you are making, and it throws us a good loss (remember?) when we least expect it! Losing inches and body shape is just as important as the numbers on the scales honey.

Last year, i had some 1lb losses, some 2lb and 3lb losses, then a few sts just to keep me on my toes ;)..then one week i did exactly as the week before, felt no different size-wise as the previous week, but went along for my weekly weigh in at the nurse..and i had lost 8lbs!!!..8 whole pounds!!!..I couldn't stop grinning and babbling excitedly to the nurse, she joined in the excitement and said, off you go now and share that news with your family and friends. I was totally astonsihed..how/ why? when? had that loss happened?..BUT it made me realise that sometimes, we don't feel we've lost a great amount and we have, just like sometimes we expect a good loss, or at least something?..and we get nothing in return?

this has been a huge learning curve for me Pookie, and for what i've learned from myself, and on here...it keeps me plodding on 18 months later :)

Almost finished hun...yes, so you felt like a rebel, yes, you are going back to it today ( i Know you mean that!)..but..i bet there is a part of you that feels annoyed and a bit sad that you chose to be a wee rebel for a short time?..and that feeling is horrible, but it won't last..it just slipped into your mind while you were feeling let down by the whole dieting malarkey...not because you truly wanted to eat more or something you didn't enjoy..but because you thought...if this body is not going to give me good results after i've been good..then here you go body..have some of this..and give me a reason to be upset over results!

You know my opinion of scale hopping, it is having a negative affect on you lovey and whether you realise or believe it, it is playing with your mind. I believe you wouldn't have had the mcdonalds or a bigger portion of meal, if you were wondering what the scales were going to tell you 7 days from your last weigh in...you would excitedly be looking forward to it, not judging because an earlier weigh in hadn't shown a loss, or very little!
That sounds like i'm preaching hun, but I am only reflecting on my own experiences, i've done the whole scale hopping, some people can cope with it and the disappointment it brings..you sound more like me, the type of person who is uncomfortable with disappoinment, and allows it to fester?...try not to do it so often hun, even twice a week is better than all the time..try to reduce it a bit honey..for me? :)

*puts arm around pookie's shoulder and gives a reassuring hug*...don't make your body the enemy hun, make friends with it..and work together....its the way forward and the only way you'll achieve what and who you want to be a year from now :)

*takes her stern glasses off and smiles warmly*...come on you, i can't allow my newest star pupil to fall off track and to feel down or turn into a rebelling mermaid..i want focused, happy and dEtermined pookie back..the lovely lady who wants exactly what i want from life..and is making sure that this time IS the time she achieves it! :)

pm me ANYTIME you want to..and next time mcdonalds beckons..try a breast of chicken wrap or a salad dish and some fresh fruit..you'll have joined in the family outing, but you'll leave mcdonalds feeling good as you sashay out the door polishing your halo :) x

thinking of you x

Well thats me well and truely told off by the multi coloured lady in the stern glasses ha ha ;)

Hi Rosie you can be quite scarey when wearing your stern look :8855:

Thank you very much for your reasoning and encouragement it really helps you know but funnily enough I'm ok with it this time I might not be on Friday when I weigh in. But what the hell I figure I just needed to say I can go off plan if I want occasionally it helps break the strictness , boredom and the I cant have that routine and says actually I'm in charge of this body if I want to eat that chocolate I can once in a while or I want to pig out for an entire day I can as long as it doesnt become habit and go back to being all the time it will still work and what you've eaten in the one day will soon come of again when back on plan or I do more exercise

I think being a rebel for 2 days was kind of my way of dealing with the sheer frustration of being really good and all that exercise and not being rewarded by the scales

I also think a lot of it had to do with making my holiday target because it was really important to me to reach that I think its impossible now but what I have realised is so what if I dont reach 13st 7 by my holiday even if I only lost another lb before I went and was 14st 10 I would still be 5 stone lighter and what an acheivement that is .
Instead of going away at 19st 10 and a size 30/32 as I did last year I will be going away 14st 10 and a size 18/20 with the odd size 16 or two thrown in. This I believe should be celebrated not to be feeling down about cause I didnt manage to shift a few more lbs.

Ooooh Rosie a reason to PARTY is this celebration not that you ever needed a reason :8855:

definate reason to party Pookie :) and that's the way to look at it..for your holiday you are going to be a whole different person to who you were or rather how you felt and looked last time :)

I wasn't really trying to preach hun, sorry if it seemed that way ;)..i just wanted you to believe in yourself 100% and not fall into the giving in and giving up mode because the scales let you down..you've came sooooooo far, and that feels good doesn't it?

wooohoooo what an achievement Pookie..stand proud and take the applause :)

now..about this party! :)

Dont worry Rose I never ever see you as preaching at all its just good sound advice and a bid to cheer people up as your such a kind caring person its all taken on board dont worry but never feel like your preaching because that is so far from the truth its unreal I value all your help and suggestions to help me along my way and in fact even look out for your posts eagerly when I'm not doing so well

It's also called spiking Pooks. There is a huge movement that up their calories massivley for 1 or 2 days a week and literally eat junk like pizza, burgers and doughnuts. It seems to work actually, I honestly considered it myself but I know I couldn't be trusted to binge in a controlled manner! LOL You might find you get a nice loss on Friday Pooks, especially with all the exercise. I would be really tempted to look at upping your cals while you are doing all this walking and mermaid like activities, it might help you get some decent losses.

Squeezyweezy said:
It's also called spiking Pooks. There is a huge movement that up their calories massivley for 1 or 2 days a week and literally eat junk like pizza, burgers and doughnuts. It seems to work actually, I honestly considered it myself but I know I couldn't be trusted to binge in a controlled manner! LOL You might find you get a nice loss on Friday Pooks, especially with all the exercise. I would be really tempted to look at upping your cals while you are doing all this walking and mermaid like activities, it might help you get some decent losses.

That sounds like good advice and explains better what I was trying to,say re upping your calories on one day....... :):)

All good intentions today of getting back on plan that would of been the sensible thing to do not me I'm having trouble raining it back in again

Had a big roast dinner and have had chocolate snacks galore and the kids have been begging me to make a chocolate cake for weeks today I finally gave in big mistake have had two huge pieces already and I know I will eat more now I know why I've said no these last few weeks but I cant seem to get out of the sod it mode now have certainly wrecked diet for this week anyway but will keep trying to get back on track

I have no will power I'm crap at it

Pookie 1999 said:
All good intentions today of getting back on plan that would of been the sensible thing to do not me I'm having trouble raining it back in again

Had a big roast dinner and have had chocolate snacks galore and the kids have been begging me to make a chocolate cake for weeks today I finally gave in big mistake have had two huge pieces already and I know I will eat more now I know why I've said no these last few weeks but I cant seem to get out of the sod it mode now have certainly wrecked diet for this week anyway but will keep trying to get back on track

I have no will power I'm crap at it

image-1686268093.jpg

Actually, you can draw a line under and start afresh tomorrow.

image-3982673584.jpg

@Rosie,

Can't rep on the iPad but I loved your super supportive heartfelt post a few back. So sending you this:

image-4059446455.jpg

It s amazing what one can do with duct (gaffer) tape!!!

Back