Lurker Turned Poster Due To Rainbow Rose's Diary - Time to start my own diary

no you're not hun x you are just having a few off days, your mood is affecting your eating choices and habits, so it IS difficult to stay as focused as you know deep down you want to!

Put it behind you, take the next few days, one day at a time..even if you only make one good choice per day, over the next few days, its a start..and you my friend will be grinning like an olympic winner and wearing the gold medal for success...chin up, don't feel guilty..its done now..but you have plenty of days and weeks ahead that are going to make you believe in yourself....i believe in you EVEN when i am wearing my stern glasses :)

night night hun, don't worry...it all takes time and patience..its not a race, its a nice stroll towards a new you :) x

Thank you Rosie good luck with your weigh in tomorrow hope its a good one for you ;)

Pookie 1999 said:
All good intentions today of getting back on plan that would of been the sensible thing to do not me I'm having trouble raining it back in again

Had a big roast dinner and have had chocolate snacks galore and the kids have been begging me to make a chocolate cake for weeks today I finally gave in big mistake have had two huge pieces already and I know I will eat more now I know why I've said no these last few weeks but I cant seem to get out of the sod it mode now have certainly wrecked diet for this week anyway but will keep trying to get back on track

I have no will power I'm crap at it

You do have willpower or you wouldn't have lost as you have already, everyone has days, weeks or months like this, but you will manage to get back on track. Take the pressure off of yourself, this is a blip, draw a line under it and carry on again. Even bad eating for several days won't undo all your hard work, OK so you will have another STs or even put on a couple of lbs, but that's OK and is all part of the journey......we are human and can't be 100% all the time. You need to accept what has happened rather than beat yourself up over it and then move forward, you can't change what's already been done, but you can influence what happens going forward xxxxx

Here's a message from my new best friend Calming manatee- google him,(her, it?)
tumblr_m5f8umlmFm1qe70jlo4_1280.jpg

Thank you Fi

Manatee is rather sweet isnt he

Thank you to you too Dawn

Your words mean a lot to me as you say I havent undone it all but I am weighing :eek: 15 st 4 lb this morning it was even wavering 15st 5 until it stopped on 4 how can you put that much on in 2 days it cant be possible surely thats 7lbs I would have to have eaten an extra 7 x 3,500 which is 24,500 calories even with all I ate extra I dont think I could have eaten that much .

Oh dear so easy to put on so hard to get off and I went swimming and did a 5 mile walk takes the Pi*s doesnt it :(

Pooks this, as Rosie will tell you, is the danger of scale hopping. As you've introduced things into your body you don't usually eat you have retained water in order to deal with them. You've probably (unwittingly) eaten much more salt than usual too. I know I can fluctuate several pounds over the course of a day!!

If you have weighed and the scales say you are back in the 15s use it as a motivation to switch from evil scales to honest tape measure!! You can measure your self 45 times per day if you like hehe

Onwards and downwards sweetie! Monday, new week, new start, new micro goals! You have come so far don't let the scales Desmond undo all your hard work!

Hugs xxxxxxx

I did feel really full, really bloated, really uncomfortable, and really sick last night by the time I went to bed that will teach me to be a big fat oinker wont it

It was a really horrible feeling like my body couldnt cope with that much crap being put into it especially all at once :sigh:

When I woke up this morning I felt like a complete and utter failure I should have been able to say no to these things and even as I speak I am polishing off another piece of chocolate cake :ashamed0005: as I feel I need to get rid of it before I can start afresh so I've been a dreadful awful mother and given the kids chocolate cake for breakfast I will not make another thats for sure no matter how much the kids beg they get other treats so they dont miss out I just buy things that I know they love but I dont like white chocolate because I cant stand that.

I just knew I would never make one of these chocolate cakes and not eat it as it is particulary yummy so why did I make it thats what I dont understand why couldnt I have had the willpower to say no :cry:

Sorry I'm waffling on but I see this diary as my personal therapy I forget sometimes that you lot are reading my drivvel :eek:

Thats EXACTLY what your diary is for hun!! The battle now is not between you and that cake! The battle now is between you and yourself. You are not a failure!!!!!!! The fact is that yeah you wanted that amaizng sounding chocolate cake and yeah you had more than you should, but so what!? You are going to be faced with tasty treats for the rest of your life and there is no fun in saying no all the time! Dust yourself down - put washing up liquid on the rest of the cake or freeze it so if you think you want some you will have to wait for it and you might be able to talk yourself out of it hehe

go have a swim to make you feel virtuous again and to keep your tail swimming pool fresh! ;)

xx

Thank you Fi

Manatee is rather sweet isnt he

Thank you to you too Dawn

Your words mean a lot to me as you say I havent undone it all but I am weighing :eek: 15 st 4 lb this morning it was even wavering 15st 5 until it stopped on 4 how can you put that much on in 2 days it cant be possible surely thats 7lbs I would have to have eaten an extra 7 x 3,500 which is 24,500 calories even with all I ate extra I dont think I could have eaten that much .

Oh dear so easy to put on so hard to get off and I went swimming and did a 5 mile walk takes the Pi*s doesnt it :(
I know exactly how you feel - been stuck for 10 days and really thought I'd cracked it with extra swimming & hadn't eaten as much (not on purpose just didn't feel very hungry), had one meal out with BF - went over syns but was well within my weekly limit - 2 glasses wine, small grilled chicken starter (no dressing) and a mushroom tagliatelle. Up 4lb this week. :cry:
But back on the horse girl - I see you had a great 6lb loss recently & you can again.

I know exactly how you feel - been stuck for 10 days and really thought I'd cracked it with extra swimming & hadn't eaten as much (not on purpose just didn't feel very hungry), had one meal out with BF - went over syns but was well within my weekly limit - 2 glasses wine, small grilled chicken starter (no dressing) and a mushroom tagliatelle. Up 4lb this week. :cry:
But back on the horse girl - I see you had a great 6lb loss recently & you can again.

Hi lovely to see new posters in my diary welcome

Thank you for your encouragement
Surely your 4lbs on wasnt from food or drink you hardly had anything that could have made you put on 4lbs maybe water retention of some sort but I know exactly what you mean its so soul destroying putting on weight when you get on the scales which is why I usually stick to mine and do loads of exercise because I cant handle the scales being horrible to me . Hopefully yours will have come off next weigh in and more :)

Pooks it's just water and guilt. So we can't do much about the water except drink more to flush the salt and carbs out of your system. Now stop guilt tripping immediately all you did was have a couple of treat days, we all do it and once that target is reached we'll still do it. It's called being normal. Next time the kids ask for chocolate cake take them to Greggs and get them a double choc muffin or something like that. You just need to start creating some control measures to deal with days like this. OK more difficult in the school hols I admit but if you have a blow out on a sunday, then monday fast until lunch-time to claw back a bit of the damage. I always find that if I have a large meal or a late meal then I often don't want brekkie so give it a miss until the tummy rumbles and demands some fuel. Learning to deal with it is the hard part but it does not make you a failure.

Now Pooks back to it, you can start a new day right this minute. Forget the chocolate cake, it was there, you ate it, it's over. Your body will deal with it.

Pooks it's just water and guilt. So we can't do much about the water except drink more to flush the salt and carbs out of your system. Now stop guilt tripping immediately all you did was have a couple of treat days, we all do it and once that target is reached we'll still do it. It's called being normal. Next time the kids ask for chocolate cake take them to Greggs and get them a double choc muffin or something like that. You just need to start creating some control measures to deal with days like this. OK more difficult in the school hols I admit but if you have a blow out on a sunday, then monday fast until lunch-time to claw back a bit of the damage. I always find that if I have a large meal or a late meal then I often don't want brekkie so give it a miss until the tummy rumbles and demands some fuel. Learning to deal with it is the hard part but it does not make you a failure.

Now Pooks back to it, you can start a new day right this minute. Forget the chocolate cake, it was there, you ate it, it's over. Your body will deal with it.

can i have my stern glasses back now please tranqs!!! :)

hello you :)

tranqs is right hun, we all are!...it is so hard not to feel guilty, especially when you were naughty and jumped on those scales and got a shock!

You know and understand how and why there is a wee gain..7lbs is a lot for a couple of days honey, i reckon that is going to even itself out over the next 48 hours or so..that 7lbs gain..won't be a full 7lbs gain if you see what i mean?

IF you just try to stay away from the scales *phoned pookies' hubby at work and asks him to hide those darn scales!* for 2-3 days or MORE...you are going to see encouraging results!

When you have a treat or a big meal, allow for it the next day, not by starving, but by cutting down the portion size of the next days' lunch or dinner and tackle the hunger pangs in other ways!

it is not easy pookie, and once we slip into treating ourselves, it can be hard to stop ..i know, it happened to me last christmas!!! (ahem :) )

Think back to the day you decided you were going to do this..and nothing and no-one was going to stop you once you got started..get that fire in your belly again hun...come on, you can do this!!!

Feeling down or upset makes some of us turn to food, then we get down and upset because we turned to food...sound familiar hun?

I think that because you know you will weigh yourself at every opportunity LOL..that there is a wee part of you allowing these treats etc at the time..because "you can always check tomorrow how much damage there has been?"...so we need to break the habit somehow hun, don't we?

this isn't a lecture or a telling off..hee hee, look..i don't even have my glasses on..and anyway, who am I to preach to anyone?..i'm human, like everyone else..i just grew so fed up and depressed with how i felt and looked..i just can't allow myself to gain all i've lost..i don't want to return to that 'feeeling' more than i don't want to return to my original weight!!!

chin up, my wee mermaid...we are all rooting for you, and nobody is more determined to see you succeed than I am :)

let's just tackle this week in the best way we can..if you slip, well we are here to catch you, as often as you need! x

I honestly can't add anymore that what has already been said Pooks. Feeling guilty will not help you at all. Like dawn said, draw a line under it and forget about it. Nothing you can do now. Your willpower just slipped away for a while, but once the guilt goes the willpower will be back.

You can do this Pooks, have some faith xxx

can i have my stern glasses back now please tranqs!!! :)

Tranqs can do tough love when necessary that warrior bloke wants to watch out when I'm on the tough love warpath. And I was only wearing my Dame Edna's for that you wait till I get Rosie's stern glasses ;)

Thank you
You lovely lot what would I do without you now :thankyou:

Rosie I'm so glad you went members only now if you hadnt I'd still have been lurking and would never have had the courage to join and post on your thread and I wouldnt have met all these lovely people and had their constant support and encouragement when I'm a naughty Pookie ;)

Thanks Love Pooks xxx

you are welcome..after all it IS the only 'members only' establishment i am allowed into!!! tee hee x

I've been thinking about you, while i was in the garden with cherub..not in a stalking way!..just thinking what i could add to what has already been said ...

as squeezy and others have mentioned, its the willpower that is slipping..so if you really need to have something a little naughty or a bigger portion..then have the low cal version of what you are craving?..chocolate..small milky way or maltesers, crisps..square (99 cals) or quavers?...spag bol..low fat lean mince and wholewheat pasta etc..then if you do feel the urge to have a bit more..then it won't be quite as bad or calorific as having the full fat versions?

Your body is obviously craving what it is being denied?...so have some guilt free treats, until the craving passes..it could just be a wee temporty blip honey, don't be hard on yourself..despite the fact you are really a mermaid, you still are only human!!! :)

Back