Lurker Turned Poster Due To Rainbow Rose's Diary - Time to start my own diary

KateR said:
I was thinkin the same thing pooks! We need to round up the troops!! Xx

I'm back on! Messed up body clock.

Sure know how that feels Mel mines still out by quite a bit

Have been for 2 hr walk this morning by gum it were cold really cold we have a biting wind here today but it was lovely blue sky and brilliant sunshine so was a nice crisp feel

Trying to muster the guts to go swimmimg this afternoon but its so cold and the comfy warm sofa with a christmas film on the dvd is calling to me and thats definately winning at the moment

Afternoon Pooks -- I LOVE that "by gum" - you sound like a cowboy. The film and a cup of options would win me over!

I think I'm going to "book" DS for a date night. He is out all the time with his girl (whom we've never met) and I took DH to Singing in the Rain for his birthday - so he can take me to a show.

I hate that I came back right into half-term (no them out me home catch up time) but then if it weren't for half-term I'd still me there with daddy. So I'd be gone even longer with no catch up.

I need to rally for Skinny Rules and some fitness at the very least.

I hope you have a good weekend.

Well done on losing the lb Pooks..good attitude and do-able too, taking the pressure off helps us all mentally, then when we lose as long as its something, then we don't feel the sod it factor kicking in! On one of my many weight loss missions, the nurse told me to aim for 1 and a 1/2 lbs a week...as a good. steady loss is easier to maintain in the long term..so all sounds good to me..anything more than a lb a week just now for me is a bonus!..and 52 lbs a year is almost 4 stone :)

I'm with you regarding christmas pressies...our eldest 'children' are all in their 20's now, 2 working and 1 unable to at the moment due to ill health..but I said I'll reduce the amount of pressies for them, just wee gifts..but I started last month, and have been picking up and ordering all sorts for them....and like you, if I buy for one sister, the other sister gets the same, then I feel I need to balance it out and get eldest son something too...My eldest daughter's birthday is on New years eve, so I try to get organised for that too..even though she'll be 27, not 7! ha ha..wee cherub is the easist to buy for and doesn't mind what santa brings as long as he brings something! :)

have a good evening hun..what xmas dvd have you got?..I love a good xmas movie! :)

Last edited:
Oh dear the cosy couch and the christmas dvd won I'm afraid :sigh:

I have got a huge range of them Rose I absolutely adore christmas movies and have been collecting them for years but this one was in Tesco when I went shopping for £5 it was called the christmas wish about a lady whose husband left her and 3 children just before christmas taking all there money with him , one of the kids not hers but her husbands from previous wife / partner, so she was homeless, peniless , no job and 3 kids to support just before christmas good film

One n my favorites is called "A Miracle Down Under" --it s set in Australia during the time of settlers.

I have 2 all time fave christmas movies..Miracle on 34th St and Jack Frost. :) Come to think of it, I reckon I love all Christmas themed movies, and love the idea of sitting warm and snuggly in front of festive film!

Have a good day Pooks :)

Bah Humbug lol. Tranqs doesn't do festive films, her must watch film at Christmas is Singing in the Rain closely followed by High Society. To be honest not a big film person.

Always watch Carols from Kings on Christmas Eve afternoon though.

Bah Humbug lol. Tranqs doesn't do festive films, her must watch film at Christmas is Singing in the Rain closely followed by High Society. To be honest not a big film person.

So your not really all Bah Humbug then Tranqs ;)

There are so many I like but my all time favourite has to be one magic christmas I borrowed it on vhs from the rental shop years and years ago then had to go everywhere in America one year when it was released on dvd finally found it in a huge virgin shop which has obviously gone now but you wouldnt believe the trouble my hubby went to that year to get it and now its in Tesco for £3 but its such a lovely christmas story about how a mother gets her christmas spirit back

Come on guys, you're all forgetting the ultimate Christmas film...It's a wonderful life!! Proper feel good Christmas film, misery, kids, spirity ghost person and a happy tear jerker ending. I absolutley love that film. Also An affair to remember is fantastic. I know it's not strictly 'Christmassy' but it is Christmas time at the end of the film. Also, the longer standing members of the crazy gang will remember my absolute love for the snowman, but know I can't actually watch it anymore without completley sobbing from begining to end! It obviously triggers some deep seated emotional stuff somewhere. :) xxx

tranquility said:

I love the classic Musicals! Those are two of my favorites. I also love On the Town.

I think the first "The Santa Clause" was hilarious.

Last edited:
I got chicken pox at the grand old age of 25 and was also made redundant whilst I had it, brings back fond memories lol

I think Meet Me In St. Louis with Judy Garland may have a touch of Christmas in it. That might make the watch list.

tranquility said:
I got chicken pox at the grand old age of 25 and was also made redundant whilst I had it, brings back fond memories lol

I think Meet Me In St. Louis with Judy Garland may have a touch of Christmas in it. That might make the watch list.

I was in that play a looooooooonnnnnnnggggggg time ago.

Apparently, "Holiday Inn" is a recommend. Is said to have inspired "White Christmas" and "Easter Parade".

Back