Lurker Turned Poster Due To Rainbow Rose's Diary - Time to start my own diary

Panic over dont think it can be chicken pox as although it looks exactly like it some spots are going without blistering/scabbing etc so think we may be ok although there is a lot of it about here at the moment

Not a lot going on with me today got to prepare for another birthday tomorrow which comes with homemade banoffee pie and chocolate cake not much hope for me really as both are faavourites of mine but I cant deprive the kids just cause I'm a fat porker no way I'm gonna resist them so looks like a put on for me this week .

I do however have my poolathon tonight although that means I'm missing Rosies wonderful Halloween bash which I'm very dissapointed about but I'll pop in when I get back to see if its still going ;)

Have a good afternoon Ladies :)

Hi Pooks --

Good news no pox -- but what is it?

On the birthday desserts -- Why not resist or just have a wee taste? We need to teach ourselves to make better choices.

My DD insisted on making me a birthday cake... I suggested Halloween themed cupcakes instead. She liked that idea -- I had one cupcake with a candle and made a fuss over it with her there. Now, I'm done. I served cupcakes to friend and her niece, and will have DD share with her friend up the street, her school friend and our neighbors. Then there'll be a few for DD to enjoy over the next couple of days.

Yay on the fitness -- can you add strength training to your routine? Building muscle should help your calorie burn. Are you on MFP?

It is using weight. Kettle bells would work.

I know lots of people who love kettlebells! I struggle with them as they cause problems with my dodgy knee.. No idea why!!

Resistance training is anything that builds and tones muscle. You don't have to have a physical weight. When I was kick boxing 4 times a week and eating like I pig, I was actually gaining weight BUT due to all the press ups and crunches and working on strength my neck back chest and shoulders all became far more shapely. People were asking if I was loosing weight just because I was getting more toned.

Stretching also has great benefits to how you look... I couldn't believe the difference in posture etc when I was flexible

Basically what I'm saying is... I really need to get back to kick boxing hahah

Seriously tho, swimming has an element of resistance training as you are pushing against the water. There are things you can buy that add resistance to your swim so you don't have to do any extra weight stuff??

Have a lovely day pooks sorry for the hijack haha
Xxxxx

Morning Pooks! Hi hijacker!

Seriously, there was a study done at Syracuse University that showed people who did strength training lost more weight than people who just dieted or did aerobics. Muscle burns more calories than fat, so building muscles increases your metabolism.

I hope you have a good day.

Squeezy is our resident kettle bell expert Pooks. Also you can get wrist and ankle weights to use when you are out for your walks, not sure if you could use them in the pool or not though, might contravene their H&S regulations.

tranquility said:
Squeezy is our resident kettle bell expert Pooks. Also you can get wrist and ankle weights to use when you are out for your walks, not sure if you could use them in the pool or not though, might contravene their H&S regulations.

I wear aqua weights on my ankles and wear aqua gloves to increase resistance in the pool.

Hi Pooks..quick update, party now on Thursday 8 or 8.30 ish...(gives Tranqs time to sober up! :) )..and I know its not like me to talk about non weight loss related topics (cough, splutter hee hee ;))..but I love "Meet me in St Louis" and "The Snowman" too..I remember your love of this film Squeezy!...what about Christmas themed music videos?..I like Last Christmas (wham) and The Darkness!!! (can't remember the song title, but it was christmassy in a log cabin with a happy ever after ending in a snow covered car?.....any more?

Have a good day, hope the birthday is a huge success..what age? and save some birthday cake for your minis friends!

DARKNESS - CHRISTMAS TIME (DON'T LET THE BELLS END) LYRICS

Feinging joy and surprise at the gifts we despise over mulled wine with you
On the 25th day of the 12th month
The sleigh bells are in time ringing true
How we cling each day long to that snowflakes and hope in hell
that it won't end

Don't let the bells end
Christmas time, just let them ring in peace.

Well the weather is cruel,
and the season of Yule warms the heart, but it still hurts.
You've got your career, spent the best part of last year apart and it still hurts
So that's why I pray each and every Christmas day that it won't end

Don't let the bells end

Christmas time, don't let the bells end

Dust underneath the mistletoe leaves when you're not here,
You went away upon boxing day,
Now how the hell am I gonna make it into the New Year.

I have wrist and ankle weights so if I wear them when I go walking thats strength training is it and that builds muscle does it

Well Ladies I finally braved the cold and wet to go swimming tonight I really enjoyed it and felt that pulled in feeling for the first time in a very long time I've even got a stump where the mermaid tail should be so its finally starting to grow again ha ha. :D
Diet has been crap this week but have promised myself I will make a better effort next week I think I could see a put on this week or at least a stay the same never mind I wonder if I'll ever learn, probably not ha ha

Pookie 1999 said:
Well Ladies I finally braved the cold and wet to go swimming tonight I really enjoyed it and felt that pulled in feeling for the first time in a very long time I've even got a stump where the mermaid tail should be so its finally starting to grow again ha ha. :D
Diet has been crap this week but have promised myself I will make a better effort next week I think I could see a put on this week or at least a stay the same never mind I wonder if I'll ever learn, probably not ha ha

Yay! You'll be back on track soon!!! You have learned... You know what to do and are going to do this!!! I need to get back to fitness, too. I'm proud of you.

Pookie 1999 said:
Thanks Mel

I went at lunchtime today as well so hopefully I've pulled the swimming back now just got to work on the diet

Impressed! Go you!

I have STS this week but understandable with the birthday goodies going around I thought I might put on so a STS is a good result for me for a change

Must try better with diet this week as my body is feeling very bloated and slugglish now to be honest I feel like I'm 19st 10 again I know I'm not by the scales but its how I feel and my body feels :(

Going christmas shopping today :)

Have read quite a few reports that we are expecting a very cold and snowy winter starting in December I dont know how true this is but just in case I would like all my shopping done by the end of november especially the stuff bought online because I know a couple of years or so ago we had all that snow before christmas and we were waiting on presents through the post but because the snow was so bad ,road closures etc around the country the trucks weren't getting through so although we did actually get it all in the end albiet some christmas eve it was very hair raising :eek: and I dont want to be in that situation again

Very cold here again today sunny and bright but very chilly much better than all that wet stuff we have been getting lately.

Have a great Friday Ladies nearly the weekend ;)

Wow! I can't be motivated to get on Christmas yet! Probably because my birthday and Halloween were such a bust and I still Thanksgiving to face!

Pookie 1999 said:
Where is everyone lately I think everyone has got a life except me

I know -- I'm just avoiding my life! ;)

Back