Lurker Turned Poster Due To Rainbow Rose's Diary - Time to start my own diary

Hi Pooks --

Brave one you are posting that. Super big hugs. And kudos for "putting it out there".

What do you think is going on? Are you depressed, anxious, stressed... Combination?

Do you think you should make an appointment to see your GP -- maybe you could benefit from some medical advice (even medication).

Do you think you might have seasonal affective disorder? -- I do -- I'm using my light as I type this. It helps, so does exercise (which I'm not doing) and probably medication (which I've never tried).

Or have you looked into seeing a counsellor or hiring a personal trainer, nutritionist, etc.

My friend CFF (cheese fiend friend) has hired a personal trainer and was going twice a week to see her, and has now upped it of three. She's not on the "diet bandwagon" but she is holding her own with the fitness and is much more toned. I think after the holidays she might muster the motivation to do a month of Rosemary Conley meals to jump start her losses. Without the obligation to meet with the trainer she wouldn't be going to the gym. It is a step in the right direction for her.

I'm trying to get myself motivated with working brought the "Beck Diet Solution" -- it helped me stick to a weight loss plan and fitness plan in the past.

I also asked a friend for contact information for a CDC -- and I may go back and do a VLCD with the support of a CDC rather than on my own with Slim and Save.

Weight watchers worked after I had my son and needed to lose weight. Lighter Life worked when I did it with a friend.

What has worked for you in the past? Is there anything you can do right now -- to make a change heading in the right direction?

Get rid of whatever you're overeating? Go to a meeting for Weight Watchers, Slimming World, Rosemary Conley, Overeaters Anonymous, etc? Start making yourself drink a large glass of water before eating anything? Make yourself only eat at the kitchen table? Make yourself chew every bite 20 times?

Hang in there -- you can and will sort this. Just owning it and posting it -- shows you're getting there.

It's because the additives they pump into the crap foods are addictive Pooks. If we all had time to shop for fresh foods and cook them from scratch everyday there would be a lot less of this weight stuff in the world.

I wish i had the answer pooks, i would be a blooming millionaire!! If it makes you feel any better i have piled a load of weight on recently too. It's like i can't stop eating, any old rubbish is getting shoveled in! I have found with my experience of this healthy eating milarkey that something has to click in your head. Everyone on this long 'journey' (puke) has days, weeks even months (in my case) where they just loose all enthusiasm and slip back into eating like a pig. I can't tell you when but i can tell you that at some point something will click and you will stop sabotaging all the hard work and effort you have done so far, and start eating sensibley and healthy again. The weight will come off honey, you are just not in the right head space at the moment.

I know everything i have said doesn't really help and i haven't got that magic answer, but be patient lovely pooks. You have done it before and you can do it again xxx

Hi Pooks --

Brave one you are posting that. Super big hugs. And kudos for "putting it out there".

What do you think is going on? Are you depressed, anxious, stressed... Combination?

Do you think you should make an appointment to see your GP -- maybe you could benefit from some medical advice (even medication).

Do you think you might have seasonal affective disorder? -- I do -- I'm using my light as I type this. It helps, so does exercise (which I'm not doing) and probably medication (which I've never tried).

Or have you looked into seeing a counsellor or hiring a personal trainer, nutritionist, etc.

My friend CFF (cheese fiend friend) has hired a personal trainer and was going twice a week to see her, and has now upped it of three. She's not on the "diet bandwagon" but she is holding her own with the fitness and is much more toned. I think after the holidays she might muster the motivation to do a month of Rosemary Conley meals to jump start her losses. Without the obligation to meet with the trainer she wouldn't be going to the gym. It is a step in the right direction for her.

I'm trying to get myself motivated with working brought the "Beck Diet Solution" -- it helped me stick to a weight loss plan and fitness plan in the past.

I also asked a friend for contact information for a CDC -- and I may go back and do a VLCD with the support of a CDC rather than on my own with Slim and Save.

Weight watchers worked after I had my son and needed to lose weight. Lighter Life worked when I did it with a friend.

What has worked for you in the past? Is there anything you can do right now -- to make a change heading in the right direction?

Get rid of whatever you're overeating? Go to a meeting for Weight Watchers, Slimming World, Rosemary Conley, Overeaters Anonymous, etc? Start making yourself drink a large glass of water before eating anything? Make yourself only eat at the kitchen table? Make yourself chew every bite 20 times?

Hang in there -- you can and will sort this. Just owning it and posting it -- shows you're getting there.

No Mel no depression , no SAD , no stress I am quite happy quite relaxed, - busy but what mum of 5 isnt this time of year

No nothing wrong that I would need a doctor for I'm just being a fat oinky pig with no self control over eating :eek:

Thank you for the advice anyway but I think its just a case of christmas ha ha

It's because the additives they pump into the crap foods are addictive Pooks. If we all had time to shop for fresh foods and cook them from scratch everyday there would be a lot less of this weight stuff in the world.

I certainly notice the difference Tranqs I did cook fresh and from scratch when on the diet and I have gone back to a lot of eating out , takeaways and crap food and my body really is not happy i am totally aware of that but I still continue to abuse it with all manner of rubbish I stick down my neck :(

Its like Rose told me you have to wait for the light bulb to switch on and at the moment its barely flickering I havent given up I try every single day to get back on it and sometimes even manage until dinner without cheating ha ha but then it all goes tits up I havent managed a full day on plan in ages but never mind as long as I dont think oh sod it and not even try :rolleyes:

I wish i had the answer pooks, i would be a blooming millionaire!! If it makes you feel any better i have piled a load of weight on recently too. It's like i can't stop eating, any old rubbish is getting shoveled in! I have found with my experience of this healthy eating milarkey that something has to click in your head. Everyone on this long 'journey' (puke) has days, weeks even months (in my case) where they just loose all enthusiasm and slip back into eating like a pig. I can't tell you when but i can tell you that at some point something will click and you will stop sabotaging all the hard work and effort you have done so far, and start eating sensibley and healthy again. The weight will come off honey, you are just not in the right head space at the moment.

I know everything i have said doesn't really help and i haven't got that magic answer, but be patient lovely pooks. You have done it before and you can do it again xxx

Hi Squeezy you are so right about slipping back into eating like a pig and I'm horrified at how easy that is to do :eek:

I'm also really fed up with it going on much easier and much quicker than it is too lose by far not fair is it * I sound like a teenager now ha ha *

Oh and Squeezy thank you for your kind words they have helped a lot it helps that someone else has been through it and to know that other people struggle not just me ;)

Im going through it right now honey. I daren't mention what i had for dinner!!

You're never alone on here my lovely Xxxx

I have cleaned my Kitchen from top to bottom today tops ,fronts,sides,doors of cupboards and drawers . Walls washed down and everything scrubbed and polished till it gleams , have also put decorations and lights up in Kitchen * sshh dont tell Tranqs * so looking very christmassy in there ;)

I like to do a huge clean up before I put the xmas decs up as then after christmas I can play with the kids and all their new toys well the younger ones anyway

I have just bought a new desk and filing cabinet for the computer room so will put that up tomorrow and then on to living room winter clean and xmas decorating . :)

Went for a lovely walk round the lake with my friend this morning it was SSSOOO COLD it was a thick frost here this morning and you could feel the cold biting into your face but it was a great walk all the same very refreshing :)

Im going through it right now honey. I daren't mention what i had for dinner!!

You're never alone on here my lovely Xxxx

Yes not good is it I have had so many birthdays and meals out the last two months that hasnt helped and I'm just about to tuck into a huge piece of banoffee pie I made for my Husbands birthday as he doesnt eat cake but he does love that

I had a kebab washed down with a couple of bottles of cider. Im just about to tuck into a large bar of M&S choccy. I would definitely say Im not in the right head space and i haven't had a light bill moment!! Lol Xxxx

My bulb is a dud!!!

*passes the gorgeous swiss choccy*

I wouldn't mind a slice of bannoffee if there is any going? Xxxx

*notes the Christmas decorations in the kitchen and reserves it for future reprimand situations* :8855:

Tonight it has been 2 glasses of red wine accompanied by an M&S Gastropub cottage pie and a raspberry and chocolate truffle dessert out of the Dine in for £10, jury still out on whether to try the brandy hot chocolate also from the Dine in menu

See Pooks we all do it. That pound will be back on by morning lol

*notes the Christmas decorations in the kitchen and reserves it for future reprimand situations* :8855:

Tonight it has been 2 glasses of red wine accompanied by an M&S Gastropub cottage pie and a raspberry and chocolate truffle dessert out of the Dine in for £10, jury still out on whether to try the brandy hot chocolate also from the Dine in menu

See Pooks we all do it. That pound will be back on by morning lol

Lol Tranqs you do make me laugh ;)

Piece of banoffee pie ?

Back