Lurker Turned Poster Due To Rainbow Rose's Diary - Time to start my own diary

Just an update

I stayed the same today I don't think that's too bad considering my food intake this week so on to the next week and to hopefully trying a bit harder

A STS beats a gain! Good deal.

Arrrg why cant I stop my big fat face from eating crap

I am really struggling I cannot seem to get the determination and willpower back I don't know what I'm doing wrong I am starting every day with the determination to stay on plan and it is all out of the window by teatime I don't know how to deal with those desmonds Kate ha ha perhaps you have some tips

I know I do want to lose the weight and I know I don't like carting the extra weight since I put it back on but I don't seem to be able to stop stuffing my big fat chops

I have started back on it again today as usual and so far have stuck to it , if I could just manage a few days I might be alright but I am having trouble sticking to it for one day let alone one week

Ok now I've had my winge and moan how is everyone else doing

Arrrg why cant I stop my big fat face from eating crap

I am really struggling I cannot seem to get the determination and willpower back I don't know what I'm doing wrong I am starting every day with the determination to stay on plan and it is all out of the window by teatime I don't know how to deal with those desmonds Kate ha ha perhaps you have some tips

I know I do want to lose the weight and I know I don't like carting the extra weight since I put it back on but I don't seem to be able to stop stuffing my big fat chops

I have started back on it again today as usual and so far have stuck to it , if I could just manage a few days I might be alright but I am having trouble sticking to it for one day let alone one week

Ok now I've had my winge and moan how is everyone else doing

Pookie,

I can't recommend the "Beck Diet Solution" book highly enough. It WILL help you get your "head in the game". (((((BIG HUGS))))) it s*cks because you were so on top of it before your Stateside holiday.

It is hard at this time of the year Pooks, it really is! As you know your head has got to be in the right place to deal with it, and that isn't always easy either :( If I were you, I would be watching weight loss progs, reading weight loss magazines and newspaper articles etc. Those things have worked for me in the past and jumped start motivation and determination, but the biggest 'light bulb moment' is realising the health risks while carrying too much weight! It scared me witless and although i knew most of the health implications, I chose to ignore them for too many years!

Have a wee go at the Flora heart calculator online, it is a bit of an eye opener!!!!!!!!!! I haven't calculated for a while, but when I did..my heart was 15 YEARS older than my birth age! If I were to calculate today at my starting weight of 21+ stone, my heart would be 65 years old and struggling!!!

At the hairdressers on Friday, there was a lady who popped in to make an appointment and was saying how shocked and upset she was to hear one of her neighbours had been taken off the island during the night in the emergency helicopter to the mainland, as she had suffered a heart attack! I know of the woman, and she is a year or so older then me!!!..the interesting thing is, the neighbour then said, "she doesn't even have an ounce of fat on her!!"

I know plenty people have non weight related heart attacks, but I just thought, isn't it strange that people assume that should be the case???.

Another point I'll share with you is, while at the nurse one day when I had 'lost' another couple of pounds, I was thanking her for weighing me and encouraging me, she said, " it's my pleasure, because I know I am helping you avoid a heart attack or stroke among other excess weight related illnesses!"

..so my lovely Pookie, when times are tough like now hun, think of your health and how you want to be around for a very long time :)

Sorry if that all sounds like a lecture, I only meant it as support and advice ;)

Come on Pooks, you can and will do this!!!..I won't allow you to fall back into somewhere you don't want to be!

Thank you Rosie just what I needed its never a lecture from you I know whatever you say is usually straight from the heart and I'm always grateful for your advice and support .

I am really trying I am just very weak willed at the moment for some reason and for each little angel on my shoulder saying no you cant have that I have 10 little devils on the other shoulder saying go on it wont hurt you can start again tomorrow it really is a battle but I have been good all day today and even refused takeaway when my hubby came home, he was on a late shift and rang up on his way home and asked if I wanted him to bring anything in but I was good and said no

I even did 50 mins of zumba tonight , it near killed me but I did it all the same :)

Yay to resisting takeaways and doing Zumba!

I always find it helps to ask myself "do I really want it/am I hungry?" then walk away for a couple of minutes to do something in another room. Usually I don't go back and eat it anyway.

Just aim for more good days than bad Pooks, it is always a mistake to think you have to be on plan; we are aiming for changes that become habits not something that will end one day when the scales say "yes".

Good morning Pooks!

Any planned pool time, today?

Morning Mel I think so Aqua zumba tonight if my friend cant make that for any reason I will be going swimming tonight

Good plan, my mermaid minis-mate. I bought a water-proof MP3 Player. Have you ever used one?

No but Kate has I believe I like my pool time to be quiet gives me time to think as a mum you know how hard it is with young ones just to get five minutes to yourself so pool time is me time very peaceful

I get that! I was thinking maybe some pacing music.

Hi Pooks, continue to battle the wee demons on the shoulder, to resist a takeaway shows great willpower, especiallu when someone offers to collect it! It will soon become habit again to ignore the wee devils every day..especially when the weather isn't so cold and miserable :)

Enjoy your swimming. Wee cherub just left 20 mins ago for his lesson..he can't wait, puts me to shame! :)

I dont always deal with my desmonds! They are evil little *******! I had FOUR Mars bars last night because desmond told me to!

I have two types of things on my waterproof MP3 player... fast music like youd have in the gym and classical chill out type music for mooching along to. ALTHOUGH i have lost one of my waterproof ear things and i am NOT impressed with myself... i cant wear them until i find that or buy some new ones!

How are you getting on today? I am DESPOS for lunch time!! x

How are you doing Pooks?...even if you have strayed, forget it, I know the willpower switch is on..it's just keeping it on that is proving difficult :) I know, I've been there :)

So Kate has had Mars bars, I've had malteasers , do you want to add anything to the confession list today? hee hee x

Rosie has to confess that everyday Kate but it has nothing to do with chocolate ;)

No Rosie sorry I cant add to the confession list as I have been good since sunday morning ssshhh cause if the desmonds find out they will make me eat mars bars ha ha not that I wouldn't enjoy them but I have to say no and that takes a lot of willpower

Glad to see you fall off your pedestal once in a while too your diet always seems so strict and healthy puts me to shame , maybe that's where I'm going wrong because I have never given up chocolate or crisps I just count them (that's the beauty of ww you can eat anything as long as you count it in) I think if I had to give these things up I wouldn't last 5 mins

Mind you I think it makes you pick lower calorie versions of things to stay within points

I had baked apple and custard for breakfast. Possibly not as bad as a mars bar and at least contained some of my five a day but I also had a slice of home made apple cake with my mid morning tea at work. Stress eating not good.

Going home to see what the slow cooker has done with a trimmed lamb joint, potatoes, carrots, swede, garlic, M&S soup & casserole mix (lentils, peas, barley etc), and a tub of passata, might have overdone the garlic though lol
. Still will clear the office tomorrow :8855:

Back