Lurker Turned Poster Due To Rainbow Rose's Diary - Time to start my own diary

Afternoon Pooks!

I did a fitness thing for abs called the "Mermaid" and I wished you were doing it instead of me!

Good morning, good for you staying on track Pooks! I'm proud of you!

Not so proud of myself though, malteasers one day, a snowball the next...only a matter of time until i reach for a family sized wholenut!..I'm still blaming totm (ahem!)

I'm not really strict hun, I think it is just habit to avoid (ahem!!!!!) crisps and chocolate!..or substitute them for low calorie versions until you don't need them at all :)..until totm of course!!! ha ha

A wee milky way, or a packet of special K crisps? I haven't tried the crisps, but heard they are tasty as far as low cal crisps go!!!! :)

Have a good day and remember, only be as good as you can be..don't put added pressure on yourself. You are doing so well now, but any wee slips can and will be rectified! :)

Keep at it girl..and the weight loss too!!!! hee hee ;)

You are doing amazingly well Pooks, don't loose sight of that. 1 day at a time and you'll soon have a fortnight of being good under your belt. :) xx

Morning Pooks!

You good?

Good morning, good for you staying on track Pooks! I'm proud of you!

Not so proud of myself though, malteasers one day, a snowball the next...only a matter of time until i reach for a family sized wholenut!..I'm still blaming totm (ahem!)

I'm not really strict hun, I think it is just habit to avoid (ahem!!!!!) crisps and chocolate!..or substitute them for low calorie versions until you don't need them at all :)..until totm of course!!! ha ha

A wee milky way, or a packet of special K crisps? I haven't tried the crisps, but heard they are tasty as far as low cal crisps go!!!! :)

Have a good day and remember, only be as good as you can be..don't put added pressure on yourself. You are doing so well now, but any wee slips can and will be rectified! :)

Keep at it girl..and the weight loss too!!!! hee hee ;)

I bought some of the Special K crisps they were £1 a box at Tesco. Don't think anyone has tried them. I'll see if DH will review them for you.

What's a snowball?

No those aren't snowballs; they are madelines around here or coconut pyramids in some shops. Snowballs are marshmallow coated in chocolate and coconut.

That's what I thought Tranqs but I never touch them myself as I hate coconut with a passion :p

Hi Ladies

Thanks for all the encouragement I'm still being good at the moment but Kate those desmonds aren't going away they are in the cupboard just waiting to jump out at a moment of weakness sneaky bas*tards excuse the language but the desmonds need strong words to describe their despicable behaviour

Anyway I swam for an hour last night and am going again tonight I did have some chocolate last night but all within my daily points so cant feel guilty about that so no need to confess Rosie

I think it does you good Rose to have something naughty once in a while * not that Rosie I said once in a while that certainly doesn't apply to what you are thinking does it * it kick starts you again as it throws your body off the fact you are on a diet so it doesn't slow down your motabilism

I have some of those special k crisps Mel I got them free in a goody bag from work so I will try them and let you know what I think

They are quite nice actually there is a lot in one pack 23g is 1 1/2 points in ww so that's goodI have the sour cream and onion but I would like to try the sweet chilli

Two more days till WI so hope I can keep those damn desmonds away until then

Oh dear..is it another of those scottish things like empire biscuits???? ;)..Its sponge cake and jam rolled in coconut in the shape and size of a snowball! :)

No those aren't snowballs; they are madelines around here or coconut pyramids in some shops. Snowballs are marshmallow coated in chocolate and coconut.

image-1909324068.jpg

The American version of aforementioned treat!

Thanks, Pooks! Taking a bullet for the team.

Attachments

• image-3196534840.jpg
    image-3196534840.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I can't say i have ever seen what rose calls a snowball in my neck of the woods. I assumed i was what we call a snowball, which is like Tranqs said. Basically a chocolate tea cake but with coconut.

All this balls talk..I thought I was in my thread for a moment!!! ;)

I haven't got the coconut chocolate tea cake thingies up here! We do have teacakes..tunnocks teacakes, chocolate covered, marshamallowy filling and a mini digestive biscuit base :) My snowballs are definately round sponge, filled with a wee bit of jam, covered in this white icing and rolled in white coconut!!hee hee ;)...years ago, we could buy chocolate snowballs..but I haven't seen those for a long time!

Moving on from the great snowball debate :)..How are you doing Pooks? Plod on regardless hun, you might be surprised at your weigh in and once the desmonds have gone...there will be no stopping you :)

p.s Wasn't a snowball an alcoholic drink in our grandparents day????..or did I just see one at Tranqs last party?

An alcoholic snowball is advocaat, lime juice and lemonade. The thought of advocaat turns my stomach but we can add them to the minis cocktail list if you like. :)

Our snowballs are very like the Tunnocks tea cake just without the biscuit base and covered in coconut.

Snowball drink yuk never had one they must taste as bad as they look lol. Was surprised to see Cherry B making a reappearance in the shops at Christmas, my aunties always used to drink that and Babycham when I was about 5 I was always given their cherries on cocktail sticks to eat. I think that was the height of sophistication around the time the Beatles started up lol

Evening Pooks!

Are you in the swim or just treading water?

Evening Pooks...hope your evening went well :) Catch up with you tomorrow!

*Put me down for a snowball drink, a babycham and definately a cherry on a cocktail stick at the next party :)*

Back