Lurker Turned Poster Due To Rainbow Rose's Diary - Time to start my own diary

Had a rocky couple of days but have still managed to lose 2lb so I must have done well with the first few days of the week when I stuck to it because I must have undone some of it in the last few.

So here I am back on track for now but I am not feeling it this week so I am not very confident about staying on it but I'll give it a go

Those damn desmonds are lurking again I can feel them around me today lets hope they keep their ugly heads out of sight ha ha

You can do it honey. Keep thinking about that fabulous loss to spur you on. :)

Had a rocky couple of days but have still managed to lose 2lb so I must have done well with the first few days of the week when I stuck to it because I must have undone some of it in the last few.

So here I am back on track for now but I am not feeling it this week so I am not very confident about staying on it but I'll give it a go

Those damn desmonds are lurking again I can feel them around me today lets hope they keep their ugly heads out of sight ha ha

Whoop! You go, girl!!! Jump in a swim or keep doing whatever it is you have been because its working.

Any helpful tips for our Orlando holiday?

No good those damn desmonds won again the last two days I cant seem to leave the chocolate alone not sure if totm is due maybe will have to check I have a spot coming up on my chin I only get those just before totm so could be.

Enough of the excuses I'm just a big fat oinker with desmonds on my tail ha ha:8855:

On the plus side I did swim for an hour today didn't like it much as it was fairly busy but I stuck it out :eek:

When do you go to Florida Mel ? I doubt if I could tell you anything you didn't already know :)

Although if your into Harry Potter and you haven't yet been to the universal part of it that is well worth a visit

Morning Pookie,

Yay to Desmond drowning swimming.

We will be in Florida March 30 through April 14. We are planning to do the Harry Potter thing. We did the one here and loved it!

Harry Potter world in universal was great Mel there's one kind of half real half simulator ride which is absolutely fantastic we rode 4 times even though the queues were huge mind you did kind of make me feel a bit sick on the last run as it throws you around a bit. The good thing is with it is if there was no queue you would miss a lot of the sets and props as they are all where you queue up so plenty to look at as you do.

Really am not doing very well at the moment the Desmonds are back in full force making me lose what little willpower I did have they are sneaky little bas' ards and Kate your right they creep up on you when you are not aware. I seem to have a self destruct button that I just cannot resist pushing not only once but again and again and again. I have tried not having naughty food in doesn't work I just go purposely to the shop to buy it damn those 24 hour supermarkets ha ha.

I am not sure if I can ever bring this back now this happens every time I reach 5 to 5 1/2 stone I always give up I don't know why I just get bored .

Only difference this time is I have somewhat kept up the exercise part of it so I haven't quite put it all back on its kind of damage limitation I suppose. At the moment I still have just over 2 stone off but that will disappear very quickly if I don't stop self destroying what good I have done. I even feel real crap so why do I keep stuffing . In Kates words 'Buddha on a bicycle' that still makes me laugh Kate every time I see it in your diary.

On a brighter note am taking pregnant daughter to have her 12 1/2 week scan this afternoon so will get another sneaky look at my future grandbaby.

Theres so many people on the forum struggling at the moment maybe it's to do with the weather this is our 5th consecutive day of rain and I'm just about fed up with it. It was nice to see the snow etc but enoughs enough 'We Need Some Sun' 'We Need Some Warmth' and above all we need to get back on track and achieve what we started out to do.
Lets hope we all can

Hope everyone's having a good day.

Flipping Demon Desmonds should be exterminated Pooks.

We have sunshine just sub-zero sunshine. Still at least the freezing fog has disappeared. I feel quite hopeful that motivation will be kicking in soon. I do my best weight reduction work between March and October.

Still struggling :(

Wow, Pooks! You're up late (or s it very early?). I woke up with a headache (I'm convinced the weather change affects my sinuses).

I know it's difficult. I keep mentioning this -- but the only time I've gotten on track and stayed there was when I doing CBT (cognitive behavior therapy). Through Lighter Life (lost about 5 stones and kept it off for some time) and then using Beck's "How to Think Like a Thin Person" (she is a leading Cognitive Behaviorist). The Beck book comes with a workbook -- you can order both from Amazon.co.uk. The "steps" might seem silly or unnecessary -- but doing as she directs is a part of the process in making a permanent change to how you relate to food and eating.

If we fix our heads -- we can lose the weight and even more importantly -- learn how to keep it off.

One of the things the book asks you to do is get a diet coach. It can be a trusted friend, personal trainer, weight loss professional, etc. it just needs to be someone you can count on to encourage and support you.

One of the most important things Beck tells you -- is that you have to "make time to diet". You need time to plan your meals, fitness, read through your 'ARCS" (Advantages Response Cards -- things you need to reflect upon: like your reasons for dieting.)

I could go on and on -- yes, I have between 2 and 3 stones I want to lose. But, I've managed to "maintain" within the 11stone zone for nearly two years. Prior to that I'd relost 2/3s of the weight I'd intentionally regained.

I had been told I probably had breast cancer and I researched my options -- a good friend of mind had been refused the option of reconstruction from her own abdominal fat because she was too thin. My BMI was 22.5, so I decided to stop working out and add some "bad" carbs to my diet, I regained at about 2 lbs a month. By the time I'd had two biopsies and got an all-clear, I was up by about a stone. Then I bump up a bit more. That was August 2010. I did Beck in 2011 from January to April and got back to a 25 BMI and maintain whilst in the US! (It works!). Then, after I got back I volunteered to be a diet coach for 2 other people (I wasn't ready to support others, I was still trying to lose and needed to learn how to maintain) -- and I changed what I was doing to support them. It wasn't ideal for me, and when they quit -- instead of going back to what had been working or me -- I was off/on/trying this, that, etc.).

Anyway, YOU need to make YOU and YOUR health and fitness a priority. It's got to be incredibly difficult for you to do this -- you have a DH, FIVE! children and a grand-baby on its way (plus a job, your housework, etc.). But, get the BECK book, get a lot of notecards -- and start by writing out on CARD #1 -- as many of the REASONS YOU WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT that you can.

If I were you I'd start with: I WANT TO BE A FIT FUN GRANDMOTHER! I WANT TO BE ABLE TO GET DOWN ON THE FLOOR AND PLAY WITHOUT STRUGGLING TO GET BACK UP, etc.

We all have a dozens of reasons to lose the weight (and keep it off)... And we keep finding more every day.

(((((BIG HUGS)))))

Last edited:
I agree with Rose Mel you are always putting others before yourself you are a very helpful ,very thoughtful , very lovely lady. Thank you for your lovely post it has given me something to think about like why I started all this in the first place .

I am winging my way to 18st this week so it just has to stop its almost like its out of my control which is quite frightening really as you say guess my heads not in the right place but I don't know how to get it back in the right place I start off a week being really determined and by the end of that week I am off of it again . I have gained and lost the same 1/2 stone since Christmas but now its gone above that 1/2 stone so its a slippery slope downwards, my work uniform is too tight again and all my clothes are getting there so I hope my damn head kicks in soon or I'll find myself with a whole new waldrobe to buy.

Evening Pooks! I hope you've given some thought to getting the Beck book and reading through it. Then, giving it a try.

@Rosie and Pooks -- you're too kind. I'm just very bossy.

Last edited:
I have to weigh in in the morning really not looking forward to it but it must be done I certainly can't go in denial as this will make it 10 times worse . I have to take responsibility for all the crap munching I have done lately and I wouldn't be surprised to find I'd hit the 18 stones again .

Oh poo on a stick that's what it is

Morning POOKS! TGIF!

Well it was poo on a stick alright but not as bad as I thought I was 17stone 12lb so have put on 5lb this week . :eek:

Not quite in the 18 stones yet so that's something but if I don't kerb it this week I will be on weigh in next week so here we go again try no 3000 :D to get back on the wagon
Will I manage a whole week this time who knows but at least I haven't given up trying ha ha

Morning Pooks don't fret too much over the gain, it's come off before it will come off again. I'm beginning to think it's our tospy turvy weather that is sabotaging us all into getting started properly.

I'm thinking of using the Beck book in conjunction with my slimpods. Only "thinking" of it lol

Morning Pooks don't fret too much over the gain, it's come off before it will come off again. I'm beginning to think it's our tospy turvy weather that is sabotaging us all into getting started properly.

I'm thinking of using the Beck book in conjunction with my slimpods. Only "thinking" of it lol

I'm with you... I'm blaming the weather for everything that goes wrong!

Back