Lurker Turned Poster Due To Rainbow Rose's Diary - Time to start my own diary

Yeah me too its plunged us back into cold again has snowed on and off all day here but hasn't settled too wet but cold enough to make you hungry :(

I went swimming this afternoon god it was cold outside the pool was lovely and warm though and as my hands were so cold from outside they tingled

Swimming was hard work with all this extra weight on me hopefully if I can shift some again it will get a lot easier

Proud of you for swimming. Well done.

Have had a bit of a funny day today .

Had to stay in today as I was having new work top fitted . A couple of weeks ago the boiler man came to do a gas safety check as we have done every year by the same company.Only this time after he had been we noticed a big cut in our work top we rang the company to complain as he never said a word . They agreed to have a new work top fitted . The kitchen has only been fitted just over 4 years so we didn't think we would have trouble replacing it , how wrong could we be

So I not only have had to change that worktop with the sink in but all the kitchen work tops as we could not find a colour match.

Not only that but it is thinner than normal ones so the choice was very limited we couldn't go any thicker as that would have meant retiling and raising window sill so we had very little choice and have had to go a lot darker than I would have liked all because of one very careless individual.

I'm not sure I like it but I'll see how it goes and if it grows on me.

With the new tops comes new sealant so as it has to be left overnight to set I could not cook etc tonight so had to go out for a meal. I was so hungry as I wasn't able to get into the kitchen all day that I ate much more than I should have in the restaurant . Moral of this story don't go out for a meal on an extremely empty tummy your so hungry you want to eat the entire menu.

Was suppose to go swimming tonight as well didn't manage that either so a lot of damage has been done today and not just to that damn worktop ha ha.

Never mind there's always tomorrow. ;)

I'm glad the company agreed to cover the damage. Maybe you'll like it even better (blessing in disguise). I hope you enjoyed your meal out.

How annoying for you Pookie, I hope the new look grows on you!

I agree, if their is a wrong time to go for a meal or a trip to the supermarket, it is when you haven't ate for hours!!!

Got me wondering now?..what the healthy eaters/dieters chose at the catering vans on the island? The choice was, bacon rolls, burgers, cheeseburgers, fish and chips, hot dogs, curly fries, fried chicken, sausages in onion gravy...and soup!..I suppose IF i had been on track, I would have been living on soup!..Just remebered they also served veggie burgers!
Hmm, now I've made myself hungry..it doesn't take much to make me hungry these days! ;)

have a good day hun x

How annoying for you Pookie, I hope the new look grows on you!

I agree, if their is a wrong time to go for a meal or a trip to the supermarket, it is when you haven't ate for hours!!!

Got me wondering now?..what the healthy eaters/dieters chose at the catering vans on the island? The choice was, bacon rolls, burgers, cheeseburgers, fish and chips, hot dogs, curly fries, fried chicken, sausages in onion gravy...and soup!..I suppose IF i had been on track, I would have been living on soup!..Just remebered they also served veggie burgers!
Hmm, now I've made myself hungry..it doesn't take much to make me hungry these days! ;)

have a good day hun x

I was thinking it'd be haggis, black pudding, tattles and scotch! ;)

Ha Ha..it should have been, Mel!..yummy yummy..I would have ate that too..but not the scotch/whisky!..scotch eggs?..maybe! hee hee

And they would use this truck as a mobile kitchen;

image-1685365137.jpg

I'm sure you'd rather be at the side of the road flagging them down Rosie one things for sure once they'd stopped they wouldn't escape ha ha.

Have made up for last night went swimming for an hour at lunchtime and now I'm off to work.

Well done! You're so good about the fitness.

Well done Pookie :) At least your mind is half on target..mine is still floating around waiting to kick start! :)

No, I wouldn't be on the side of the road, hitch-hiking, I would be sitting in the passenger seat waving to all the other ladies trying to hitch a lift! hee hee

Morning Pooks,

I hope your night at work went well. We're expecting more snow -- what about you? How's your mother to be daughter and her construction project doing?

No more snow here Mel and Daughter is fine .

I am actually strangely looking forward to weigh in tomorrow as apart from eating the entire menu on Monday night I have been very good. I am hoping to have melted at least a couple of lardy pounds this week.
Oh well we'll see, went swimming last night and again lunchtime today. I really must start the zumba again as I'm sure that helped lose the lbs last time.

Nothing exciting going on in Pookieworld today just off to work this afternoon and then an evening in front of the tv me thinks

Hope your all doing ok not a lot of activity on here at the moment so your all obviously busy doing something. Your lives are more exciting than mine I think ;)

Not my life. Glad your daughter and grandchild are well. I'm going to be getting back into fitness - it's the only way I can lose weight.

Have done ok again today so now it's all down to those nasty evil scales wether they give me a good result or not . :sigh:

Taking the kids to chessington world of adventures tomorrow it will be cold I know but as long as it doesn't rain I'm fine with it.

Will weigh before I go and update probably in the evening.

At least it will get us out in the fresh air this weather has kept us inside a lot lately.

I have had enough cold and would like some spring now Mr weatherman please :)

Have done ok again today so now it's all down to those nasty evil scales wether they give me a good result or not . :sigh:

Taking the kids to chessington world of adventures tomorrow it will be cold I know but as long as it doesn't rain I'm fine with it.

Will weigh before I go and update probably in the evening.

At least it will get us out in the fresh air this weather has kept us inside a lot lately.

I have had enough cold and would like some spring now Mr weatherman please :)

We have Merlin passes and there's been a lot of emails through on things to do. I think there is a egg hunt at Legoland on Monday. Enjoy your day out.

We have merlin passes too Mel we get them every year as they are great value and with so many of the attractions nearby to us it makes sense otherwise it would cost a fortune especially the London ones.

We had a lovely time yesterday but we got so cold we were chilled through to the bone .I turned the heating up when I got home but it took me 3 hours to warm through .

Well my week of being good paid off I lost 7lbs even with the huge meal out. I think that was brilliant as I wasn't 100 percent either.

Don't know how I will cope with this week being Easter an all , yesterday wasn't great as being out all day was eating nothing but crap I don't even eat sugared doughnuts normally as I dont really like them but they were so hot and I was so cold I ate one to warm me up.

So week is not going too well already and I haven't even got the Easter chocolate yet . Last year I was so focused I don't think I ate hardly any and I gave all my eggs to hubby and the kids . This year I'm not so focused so will be interesting to see how I deal with it this time round , it won't be as well as last year I know that.

Have a great Easter everyone

Back