Lurker Turned Poster Due To Rainbow Rose's Diary - Time to start my own diary

Fantastic loss Pookie!!! woweeee :)

Don't you dare worry about Easter goodies, you have slipped back into the zone this past week and even if the Easter bunny catches you and forces a chocolate egg into your mouth, I bet you will take care of it during a swimmathon or two ;)

Very well done, I'm so happy for you :)..while I bounce back out of your thread on my merry way! hee hee ;)

Last edited:
Thank you ladies

I was rather pleased with that loss I must admit and I will try this week to stay at least partly focused it will be hard with all that chocolate around but if I can just manage to get a loss even a lb it will keep me going.

Its been so cold still today and although the temp was 7 degrees it felt like -7 we even had snow several times .

I cant swim this weekend as they are on reduced hours due to bank holidays and they don't fit in with my hubbys shifts so will be Wednesday before I swim again so think I will have to dust off the wii zumba and get dancing so there will be some major rumbles around may feel like an earthquake but It'll just be little me prancing around the living room ha ha. Might even reach you Rosie as I'm quite a bit heavier than before.

Today has been a busy day shopping , delivering easter eggs etc but I'm glad I didn't want to buy any as in my town we only have a sainsburys and they have been out of easter eggs since Thursday my daughter said Tescos didn't have many today either glad I bought mine early I always do usually because that's when you get the best deals we got buy 1 get 2 free at the beginning of march .

Enjoy your chocolate tomorrow ladies its only once a year thank god ;)

Whoop! A 1/2 stone off!!! Impressive!!!! You are a star!

Did you know tat with your Merlin Passes you get 1/2 off admission to the Legoland here in Florida?

I know Mel thank you but from past experience we never visit a new park until its been running at least 2 years and it only opened last year.
Have a lovely holiday :)

Well I thought it was too good to be true easter choc proved too much of a temptation and I have had a naughty couple of days and have already put on 2lb opps never mind there's always next week :eek:

I know Mel thank you but from past experience we never visit a new park until its been running at least 2 years and it only opened last year.
Have a lovely holiday :)

Well I thought it was too good to be true easter choc proved too much of a temptation and I have had a naughty couple of days and have already put on 2lb opps never mind there's always next week :eek:

Kind of like never buying the first year's model of a car. ;)

I'll be joining you -- too much "American" food and very little fitness.

Weighed myself yesterday and I have put on 5lb what an oinker so I decided enough was enough and got back on track yesterday and now have to restrict my chocolate to a little each day counted in . I think the absolute most I can hope for this week is to STS if I can manage to shift this 5lb I have put on in the 3 days till weigh in.

I went swimming last night the pool clock wasn't working and as I usually swim for an hour and don't count lengths I hadn't got a clue how long I'd been swimming for it wasn't nice in the end I asked the lifeguard but I hope it's fixed today it was horrible not knowing how long I'd been swimming or how long I still had to go.

I will be going swimming again tonight . :)

Where is everybody on here is really quiet I will be talking to myself soon the only person around at the moment is Mel and she's thousands of miles away in Florida enjoying the sunshine by the looks of it.

Rosie have you ,Tranqs and Squeezy gone on holiday without me if you have I won't be a happy Pookie ha ha.

I am missing everyone's posts where are you all. I hope the Desmond's haven't got Kate as she's missing too ha ha.

Oh well I will post along to myself until you all come back what a sad life I lead ;)

Yoohoooooooooooooooo!!! I am here, I was in the mainland for a wee overnight visit, but I am here today LARGE as life ;).and twice as much fun!

Your swimming will have an effect on your wee gain hun, I hope the clock is in full working order tonight.

Enjoy your day hun, I'm still here, so you, I and Mel can chat together..Caz is always around too! :)

Hi Pooks,

I'm here. Do you have a waterproof watch? Or maybe you could ask the lifeguard for the time when you start and stop,

I did 10,000 steps yesterday (I started wearing my pedometer), so I'm going to try and do 8,000 plus a day which will be at least 5 km. Jen is doing 5k for 50 days... And I'm trying join her.

I'm sure a lot of that five pounds is water. You'll take it back off. I think Easter and all food, plus chocolate stirred up Desmonds fr many of us.

Good to see you Kate was beginning to think those damn desmonds may have captured you. Enjoy your trip you need the break after all the hard work and long hours you've been doing lately and watch out for multi coloured ladies in tartan skirts clutching bottles of champers across the water there . Have fun ;)

No Mel I haven't got a water proof watch but after this I'm thinking of getting one I didn't make swimming tonight as Hubby came home and said he was going out as one of his old work colleagues who emigrated to Thailand was coming home on a visit last minute and they were all meeting up for a drink so I couldn't go never mind give them time to repair their clock. :D

Those steps soon add up Mel I used to wear a ww pedometer all the time last year and its surprising how quickly you rack up 10,000 steps just doing everyday running around especially when I was working I must start wearing mine again.

Good to see your still here with me Rosie glad you and wee cherub enjoyed your trip to the mainland have you heard from Squeezy lately I'm getting a bit worried about her as she was so poorly I just thought you may have text her and know shes ok . Also Tranqs is a bit quiet of late too.

I have gone off rails again tonight as my brother bought me a peanut m&m egg those of you who know me will know I have a passion for peanut m&ms. I have given the egg to my Hubby but it came with 4 medium bags of peanut m&ms I don't know how it happened but 3 of them just happened to find there way into my mouth oh crap will I never learn also had takeaway as well so lose 7lbs last week put on 8lbs this week ha ha I don't think this is the way to do it somehow but I'm finding it hard to resist the chocolate at the moment opps

Love me some peanut M & Ms. Can't say I blame you on that.

Its snowing heavy here at the moment only fine but its really coming down and so cold again I'm fed up with this now we need spring I had a quick look around the garden this morning and things which are normally flowering by now just aren't they are still in closed bud form . One camellia that normally starts flowering in January every year despite the weather is just breaking buds now so I feel everything will be late this year if we don't get some warm weather soon.

Mind you they say it's going to warm up next week cant come soon enough for my liking.

Have been good so far today lets hope it continues and I don't find any uncounted food jumping into my mouth ha ha.

I will swim tonight after work so hopefully will try to minimise the gain ;)

How's everyone else doing

Its snowing heavy here at the moment only fine but its really coming down and so cold again I'm fed up with this now we need spring I had a quick look around the garden this morning and things which are normally flowering by now just aren't they are still in closed bud form . One camellia that normally starts flowering in January every year despite the weather is just breaking buds now so I feel everything will be late this year if we don't get some warm weather soon.

Mind you they say it's going to warm up next week cant come soon enough for my liking.

Have been good so far today lets hope it continues and I don't find any uncounted food jumping into my mouth ha ha.

I will swim tonight after work so hopefully will try to minimise the gain ;)

How's everyone else doing

Wow a four month delay in flowering unreal! Yay on you for swimming. I hope the weather is totally warmed up by the 14th. Maybe I'll bring it back with me.

Hi Pooks

I know what you mean re the garden, or rather hubby does..lots of frowning and sighing about flowers and plants due to bad weather!

Squeezy is okay hun, I have heard from her, I am sure she will be back soon..Tranqs, I don't know where she is...I must make contact before she demands a chippendale search party AGAIN :)

Have a good day! x

Last edited:
Oh well weighed in yesterday and have put on 3lbs so although not good by any means , not as bad as I thought as I thought it was going to be 5lbs .

This week isn't starting well as still have lots of choc around and went for a meal yesterday and going for another tonight as its mil 80th birthday tomorrow.

On the plus side I swam last night and I am swimming this afternoon so that should help . Clock still not fixed I just don't know why they don't go down to Tesco or somewhere and buy a new one. It was starting to give me the irrats so I bought myself a waterproof watch yesterday when I was in town.

Will try to get back on track tomorrow.:)

God it's quiet on here again looks like I'm talking to myself again. ;)

Sun is shining here again it was actually quite warm for a while here yesterday . I think I will have to water the garden today as its so dry the ground is cracking up like we've had an earthquake.

Other than that just boring mundane jobs being done around here like laundry etc I will probably go swimming this afternoon although I think it will start getting busier now it's not so cold . Yesterday I went when the Grand National was on and it was dead until the last 20mins of my swim then it got busy.

Got to get back on plan today after 2 very naughty days. At least I haven't given up trying that's one thing . On all the diets I have been on before I would give up when I started to struggle and would put back on all that I had lost. Not this time I suppose that's the difference between just a diet and a lifestyle change that all these challenges will always be there Christmas, holidays, Easter etc we just have to learn how to deal with them and not freak out when we put on a few lbs but just work to get them back off again. :)

Still talking to myself ha ha :rolleyes:

With birthday food and birthday cake etc yesterday I haven't had a very good 2 days again as today hasn't been much better so I am expecting another gain again this week but in my defence that's the last plan breaking event until end of july when we have got a diamond wedding party to go to so I should now after this week be able to get back on track with no distractions.

I did go swimming this afternoon but I now know why I go to adult only sessions it was full of kids splashing around and being a pain in the backside. Unfortunately I was a bit late going and I forgot the kids were off

Hope your all doing better than I am lets face it you cant be doing much worse ha ha. ;)

Hello love!

You're not talking to yourself I promise. I've read but not had much time to post. Well done on going swimming in the holidays. There is nothing worse than kids at the pool. I sound like a right Scrooge I know, but kids at the pool get right on my knockers hehe

I too am being dragged behind the wagon more than being on it but fingers crossed I'll be able to dive back on it soon. I think the Desmonds pushed me off but then I'd tied myself loosely to the wagon so I didn't lose it completely (again!)

Xx

Back