Lurker Turned Poster Due To Rainbow Rose's Diary - Time to start my own diary

Pops in and scurries out..too much weight related talk in here tonight!!!! hee hee ;)

Perhaps you would prefer it if I carried on the conversation about you in a side car legs in the air pole in one hand bottle in the other etc Have I said enough to make you agree weight talks not so bad after all Rosie ha ha ;)

Ha Ha...I agree, weight loss talk isn't so bad, I might even try it myself next week!! :)

*off to decorate my crash helmet with glitter and rose petals* ;)

Lol that's started me off again Rose ;)

Yes weight loss talk is great when your losing weight at the time not so good when your putting it on and don't seem to be able to control what jumps into your mouth ha ha.

Hiya mrs! Well done for getting back on the wagon.

The thing about sugar is this, it's not all evil and awful, the problem with it is, it's highly addictive and it causes blood sugar to peek and trough so our moods etc are effected! I saw I program the other day, can't remember what it was though about white sugar and how it was made and it is nothing but the sugar from sugar beet. The crystals are naturally white so it's not really processed at all. The beets are mashed up, boiled left to cool and then all the molasses (the waste water) is spun off in a centrifuge. The other problem with sugar is that there is sugar in everything except for meat, dairy has lactose, fruit has fructose, grains have starch, there isn't escaping it. Even lettuce has forms of sugar in it.

For example of you are on a strict paleo diet you can't have berries or dairy or any legumes or non green vegetables (you're pretty much restricted to leafy things and meat. The reason for that is that everything else has too much sugar.

The reason that ready meals have sugar in rather than fat in is because fat is so calorie dense. So you need far less sugar compared to fat to enable to get the right taste,

I am probably preaching to the choir. And I'm sorry for going into science teacher mode all of your thread but just don't think all sugar is bad. Without sugar, your brain wouldn't work! Haha

Xx

Good and sensible advice from Kate (lovely to see you posting hun x) I will try my very best to remain in the right frame of mind on Monday!!!..once I get into it ;)...and I'm talking diets Pookie, not motorbike side cars ;)

Well day 3 underway and so far so good determination still there

I thought we were supposed to have a heat wave today before returning to wind and rain for the rest of the week but no sun just murky grey clouds after 3 days of rain mind you we did see a bit of sun with the rain on Friday it produced the most wonderful double rainbow ( you'd have been proud of that one Rosie ) and the colours were the brightest I've ever seen on a rainbow ever it was against a really black sky as well

Oh no wait a minute sun trying to poke through very slightly as I type maybe we will see a little .

All I have today is get ready for back to school and heaps of laundry due to bed changes.

Although I might go swimming today I went yesterday and I think I was wetter before I got in due to all the rain ha ha

Have a good shrinking day ladies.

The Sun is shining pooks, always a good thing.

Hope day 4 goes well my lovely, you'll have a week under your belt in no time. :)

Morning Pooks!

I'm back and all caught up. I'm now wondering if the app wasn't working because I was in the U.S. (even though it'd worked the last two trips?)

I'm glad you're back at it. MFP is very good. I think I'll start back using it again. I'm wearing my FitBit as I've sat on my bum trying to catch up Minis (when I have loads to do).

God it's quiet on here again looks like I'm talking to myself again. ;)

Sun is shining here again it was actually quite warm for a while here yesterday . I think I will have to water the garden today as its so dry the ground is cracking up like we've had an earthquake.

Other than that just boring mundane jobs being done around here like laundry etc I will probably go swimming this afternoon although I think it will start getting busier now it's not so cold . Yesterday I went when the Grand National was on and it was dead until the last 20mins of my swim then it got busy.

Got to get back on plan today after 2 very naughty days. At least I haven't given up trying that's one thing . On all the diets I have been on before I would give up when I started to struggle and would put back on all that I had lost. Not this time I suppose that's the difference between just a diet and a lifestyle change that all these challenges will always be there Christmas, holidays, Easter etc we just have to learn how to deal with them and not freak out when we put on a few lbs but just work to get them back off again. :)

I was reading, I just couldn't post very easily. You'll do this. You're going to be a fit, fun grandma!

Well day 3 underway and so far so good determination still there

I thought we were supposed to have a heat wave today before returning to wind and rain for the rest of the week but no sun just murky grey clouds after 3 days of rain mind you we did see a bit of sun with the rain on Friday it produced the most wonderful double rainbow ( you'd have been proud of that one Rosie ) and the colours were the brightest I've ever seen on a rainbow ever it was against a really black sky as well

Oh no wait a minute sun trying to poke through very slightly as I type maybe we will see a little .

All I have today is get ready for back to school and heaps of laundry due to bed changes.

Although I might go swimming today I went yesterday and I think I was wetter before I got in due to all the rain ha ha

Have a good shrinking day ladies.

I think I see the in trying to break through the clouds ATM. However, I think I'll have another cup of coffee and use my light box just is case. I've survived Day One...

Day 5 and still going still haven't had any chocolate so I'm doing well.

We had to take the in laws to the south coast yesterday they were staying in a hotel in Butlins oh my god it wouldn't do me I couldn't stand it, it was full of kids and I got enough of those of me own ha ha.

However away from that it was like a quaint seaside town we walked along the front and that was the best part of the day I loved it .

I even refused to have a meal there in the evening and said we would eat at home so managed to stick to plan near enough all day.

We did loads of walking all day as well.

I am not going to swim tonight I have just got in from work and am too tired so maybe tomorrow

Yay to day 5 and fitness. :)

Sorry I missed it Rosie I was out in the evening then went swimming when I got home by the time I logged on it was over but I have read through it was missing the bride to be I see but you look like you had fun.

I'm on day 7 today and still going well although I've had two meals out this week I've managed to count them in and I have kept to my no chocolate rule just for this week I don't think it will last forever but at least it should give me a boost.

We have sun here today again that's the 3rd day it's lovely to see it makes you want to get out of bed unlike that nasty cold wet weather we've had so much of lately.

I think Rose that my head might finally be in the right place again but we will see I hope it is.

Back