Lurker Turned Poster Due To Rainbow Rose's Diary - Time to start my own diary

Morning Pooks!

Sorry I missed it Rosie I was out in the evening then went swimming when I got home by the time I logged on it was over but I have read through it was missing the bride to be I see but you look like you had fun.

I'm on day 7 today and still going well although I've had two meals out this week I've managed to count them in and I have kept to my no chocolate rule just for this week I don't think it will last forever but at least it should give me a boost.

We have sun here today again that's the 3rd day it's lovely to see it makes you want to get out of bed unlike that nasty cold wet weather we've had so much of lately.

I think Rose that my head might finally be in the right place again but we will see I hope it is.

Whoop! Day Seven! And yay to swimming.

I see the sun, too. It's very windy however.

I hope you have a good day.

Wow I expected a good loss this week as I have been very good but I didn't expect it to be quite this good

I lost 8lbs how good is that :)

Now just have to stick with it I don't expect a huge loss this week in fact it will probably be quite small due to this weeks but that's fine I'm good with it.

Went down to pick the in laws up today and decided to go on to the Witterings as I have never been and my friend raves about it .
I think she has good reason what a beautiful beach I think its the best beach I've ever been to in the UK and so clean we walked along on the sand it was quite solid where the tide had gone out and pleasant to walk on. There was quite a breeze but it was sunny and not really cold .

I am going swimming again tonight I think I will be getting my webbed feet back soon ha ha

8 flipping pounds Pooks, well done!!! :happy096: Hopefully this is the boost you need hun. :) x

Wow I expected a good loss this week as I have been very good but I didn't expect it to be quite this good

I lost 8lbs how good is that :)

Now just have to stick with it I don't expect a huge loss this week in fact it will probably be quite small due to this weeks but that's fine I'm good with it.

Went down to pick the in laws up today and decided to go on to the Witterings as I have never been and my friend raves about it .
I think she has good reason what a beautiful beach I think its the best beach I've ever been to in the UK and so clean we walked along on the sand it was quite solid where the tide had gone out and pleasant to walk on. There was quite a breeze but it was sunny and not really cold .

I am going swimming again tonight I think I will be getting my webbed feet back soon ha ha

Whoop!!! Congrats!!! Fab loss!!!!

I thought you had a tail?

Thank you ladies now on to week 2

I have had the shittiest day first of all my dishwasher blew up it was making a funny fizzing sound and I turned round and smoke was bellowing out of it and it suddenly sparked, lit up inside and then went bang before I got a chance to switch it off I am lucky it didn't set the kitchen on fire because when I rang the manufacturer they have a problem with a part in there and they are recalling all of them due to overheating and fitting new part for free which is the good part as its 5yr guarantee just ran out end of last year . The bad news is I'm now washing up for 10 days until they fit the new part poo I absolutely hate washing up.

Then as the weather was so lovely I decided to mow the lawns . I had done the two front ones and then started on the back when the motor went on the mower so I broke that too ha ha .

What worries me is these things always come in threes and my computer has been playing up a little lately no computer no minis that would be disasterous.

Other than that still on plan so far and think I finally am back in the zone :)

Yay to being in the zone! Boo to the dishwasher blow up (but lucky will honor after 5 to years). I'm impressed with your mowing the lawn -- sorry about the mower (still under warranty, perhaps?)

These things do seem to come in threes -- I hope your computer doesn't go,

Last edited:
Yayyyy!

Well done for being back in the zone mrs!

Sorry to hear about everything breaking! How often are you weighing btw?

Xx

Weekly Kate although I do jump on quite a bit during the week I know no scale hopping I just can't stop myself but my official weigh in is Friday morning.

I see your doing ok too we'll done.

Yay to being in the zone! Boo to the dishwasher blow up (but lucky will honor after 5 to years). I'm impressed with your mowing the lawn -- sorry about the mower (still under warranty, perhaps?)

These things do seem to come in threes -- I hope your computer doesn't go,

I always buy hot point Mel as I've never had a problem with them and they give 5yr parts guarantee I never extend the warranty as with a family our size everything get used so much that I think myself lucky if it lasts 5 yrs but this was a manufacturer fault so I don't think they have any choice but to repair free of charge on looking at reviews of the machine a few have burnt kitchens down so thank god mine just blew up ha ha.

Unfortunately mower is 3 yrs old so no will have to buy a new one

Never mind I just keep wondering what the third one will be.

Morning Pooks,

I was thinking maybe you should hire a gardener and let him use his own mower. With the way your appliances have been dying - it might be cost effective.

It looks to be a sunny day and warm for the UK. I'm out to walk the dog in a few. DD's swim lesson was cancelled, so I have no excuse not to aqua fit tonight.

I hope your god plan is going well and you'll be catching down with Rosie soon!

Too late Mel I bought a new mower yesterday so will be mowing the lawn myself later.

I have a long way to go to catch up with Rosie don't think I will ever get there.

I haven't done aqua for ages my friend who went with me has just bought a bungalow on the south coast and she's been down there working on it ever since . I don't mind as I am just as happy swimming.

You WILL catch up with me and beyond!!!..mark my words :) I believe in you and you must believe in yourself ..or we will take away your alcohol allowance at the next party ;)

My hubby has his own gardening business hun..mates rates???? ha ha

Morning Pookie!

I hope you're having a lovely sunny day!

Too late Mel I bought a new mower yesterday so will be mowing the lawn myself later.

I have a long way to go to catch up with Rosie don't think I will ever get there.

I haven't done aqua for ages my friend who went with me has just bought a bungalow on the south coast and she's been down there working on it ever since . I don't mind as I am just as happy swimming.

It's okay you bought a mower as long as you paid for the extended warranty! ;)

It'll be a new piece of fitness equipment. You can calculate your "burn" here!
http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/calories_burned.asp?exercise=81

I've not done done aqua in forever either. But, I'm going to book for tomorrow's lunchtime class in a village about 20 to 25 minutes from here. It's between my house and the rural village a friend moved to recently. She asked me to come visit (she's bored and lonely), so I'll do the class, then go see her. I'll start dinner in the crockpot and head back home about 4:30. It'll give her time to sort dinner before her family comes home.

I'd like to try swimming for fitness -- I wish I was better swimmer.

You'll catch up to Rosie because smaller people lose slower. The closer she gets to a BMI the slower the losses will be. So, she keep losing, but in small increments and you'll lose bigger chunks -- them you'll tie and cross the finish line together! Just like in a Disney Movie! ;D

Last edited:
Evening Pooks -- did you get out and play with your new mower?

Yep did me a favour really as this mower much better than the other one

Doing ok thanks Squeez it was my busy day today and got out and did some gardening yesterday also went swimming tonight as I hadn't been all weekend but as I was at work today and also clean the inlaws I was a bit knackered tonight so don't think I gave it my all really never mind at least I still went better than nothing I suppose.

I see there was a recall in the national papers about my dishwasher apparently they have caused a lot of kitchen fires and smoke damage how lucky was I maybe it was because I was in the kitchen at the time and switched it off at the mains straight away so cut the electric to it I don't know but I'm so thankful it didn't cause a fire apparently they knew about this over a year ago and they were doing tests on them how bad is that . Two fire brigades had approached them and told them that they believed their appliances were causing fires so they did tests how about they could have killed someone in a fire whilst they did said tests I think it's disgusting .

Anyway rant over food very good today as I didn't get time to eat much ha ha

Morning Pooks!

Wow! Five kids, a job AND you clean your in-laws!!! You're not a mermaid, you're WONDER WOMAN!

You're right about the irresponsible appliance company. The minute they knew there was an issue -- even suspected -- they should have notified the purchasers. Sigh.

I'm far from wonder woman Mel you should see the state of our house sometimes too busy everywhere else to clean mine ha ha we have to do an assault course over the toys on the living room floor and you could climb my pile of washing on the utility room floor sometimes but I never worry about it as it will still be there tomorrow unfortunately .
I keep telling my husband we need to sack the cleaning woman as she's crap ha ha

Back