Lurker Turned Poster Due To Rainbow Rose's Diary - Time to start my own diary

image-993641993.jpg

Hi ladies sorry I have been missing for a while will catch up on diaries later and find out what you've all been doing

I have found this game on my ipad where you run a farm and you make a lot of goods from your crops and animals and sell them in your farm shop it' s called hayday but its very addictive and its where all my spare time has been going no time for minis :(.

We have also been spending a lot of time planning for our holiday which we have moved forward to june as I couldn't let my daughter give birth and have the baby without my support . We are going back to Dubai for a change we go on the 15th and come back the 24th we couldn't afford any more than that at nearly £300 a night its ssooooo expensive now but it will make a lovely change.
Its taken so long to tie hotels and flights in so that has taken a lot of my time too . I also have had to buy a load more clothes for hols as last time I went away I was 14stone 6 lbs and had thrown all my bigger clothes out so I had no choice about putting on weight again ha ha that worked didn't it NOT

We wont talk about the weight situation as I haven't been on plan at all the last few weeks and I'm back in the 18's again but I am trying to curb it as I only have 3 weeks till my holiday.

My daughter is having a little girl by the way of course it would be we don't do boys in the Pookie household ha ha

Oh well weather is beautiful here today so need to do some long overdue gardening so hope to catch up with you all soon.

Fantastic to see you posting my mermaid friend :) Wow..Dubai?..how lucky are you..I'm wel jel...Hmm dubai?..isn't that where Mr Andre usually does his calendar shoot??????????? ;)....make space in your jumbo suitcase..I'm on my way! :)

Enjoy your holiday and make a mental note that when you return you will be on the wagon holding on with two hands and sitting right next to me :) I have tried, really tried to be as good as possible, but not as strict as in the old days..I haven't even weighed in to see how well or bad I am doing! :)..but I will..and then I have got to seriously think about getting all the rest of the weight off..it has GOT to go!!! as my diary title reminds me every day :)

Lovely news, a wee girl! has your daughter chosen a name yet? What date in Sept hun? You did the right thing by bringing your holiday forward, the family get their annual holiday and you get to be close by when D DAY arrives!..are you her birthing partner?

Not long until your holiday, keep posting on here, I have missed your posts and your new ipad game won't provide the same entertainment as all your minimates on here!!! hee hee

Hi Rosie

Space in the suitcase will be made and yes that is where he does his calendar and holidays a couple of times a year he was actually in the same hotel as us one year didn't see him though but he stays in one of the suites which are thousands of pounds.

She likes the name Lexi but cannot find a middle name to go with it. She is due on the 24th and yes I am her birthing partner at least I'm qualified ha ha.

Has the news that your gonna be a grandma sunk in yet I am juist finally getting used to the idea but I will be a nannie cause I think Grandma seems so old and I am only 46 ha ha.

I have missed you lot and I will start posting regular again I promise.

If you don't I will come searching for you..even if I have to go all the way to Dubai! ;)..same hotel?????..ooh that would have been good enough and close enough for me! hee hee

How exciting being a birthing partner :)..Lexi is a lovely name, maybe she doesn't need anything to go with it?..or go with the trend these days and add..ROSE! :)

Yes, it is sinking in, I knew an engagement was on the cards..but this was an added bonus, I didn't expect! They didn't tell anyone until she had her scan..and then I was the first they told! :) I am far too glam to be grandma!!! hee hee. probably Gran. Granny or Nanny McRainbow :)

Keep posting and when in Dubai..keep your eyes peeled and your camera in your hands....just incase!!!!..swoon ;)

Last edited:
Hi Pooks!

Hi ladies sorry I have been missing for a while will catch up on diaries later and find out what you've all been doing

I have found this game on my ipad where you run a farm and you make a lot of goods from your crops and animals and sell them in your farm shop it' s called hayday but its very addictive and its where all my spare time has been going no time for minis :(.

We have also been spending a lot of time planning for our holiday which we have moved forward to june as I couldn't let my daughter give birth and have the baby without my support . We are going back to Dubai for a change we go on the 15th and come back the 24th we couldn't afford any more than that at nearly £300 a night its ssooooo expensive now but it will make a lovely change.
Its taken so long to tie hotels and flights in so that has taken a lot of my time too . I also have had to buy a load more clothes for hols as last time I went away I was 14stone 6 lbs and had thrown all my bigger clothes out so I had no choice about putting on weight again ha ha that worked didn't it NOT

We wont talk about the weight situation as I haven't been on plan at all the last few weeks and I'm back in the 18's again but I am trying to curb it as I only have 3 weeks till my holiday.

My daughter is having a little girl by the way of course it would be we don't do boys in the Pookie household ha ha

Oh well weather is beautiful here today so need to do some long overdue gardening so hope to catch up with you all soon.

Dubai sounds lovely -- it's a good compromise. Your family gets their holiday and you're their for the baby's birth.

Hi Rosie
Space in the suitcase will be made and yes that is where he does his calendar and holidays a couple of times a year he was actually in the same hotel as us one year didn't see him though but he stays in one of the suites which are thousands of pounds.

She likes the name Lexi but cannot find a middle name to go with it. She is due on the 24th and yes I am her birthing partner at least I'm qualified ha ha.

Has the news that your gonna be a grandma sunk in yet I am juist finally getting used to the idea but I will be a nannie cause I think Grandma seems so old and I am only 46 ha ha.

I have missed you lot and I will start posting regular again I promise.

Lexi is the nicknamed for Alexis. Why not give her an adult name in case she becomes PM one day, but call her Lexi. Then Alexis Ann or something simple would work.

You and Rose...weight loss and nanny team!

Last edited:
Hi Pookie!!!

I'm fine thank you :) I have been enjoying the sun while we have it up here!..My laundry basket is empty AGAIN :)

I am trying very hard to stay focused, it is kinda easy just now..but it always IS at the start of the new determination mode! :)..it is the weeks after, I have to watch my step...and my food choices! hee hee

Hi Ladies I wish

No but we did get stuck out there as our flight was cancelled so we had to have 3 more days how tragic ha ha.

We had such a fabulous holiday it was fantastic hotel was absolutely beautiful all Arabic décor which I love and I can definitely think of worse places to be stuck we had plenty of money which was a bonus and we only had to pay an extra 500 to have another room for 2 nights BA did put us up in a hotel near the airport and it was lovely but they also said flights were very tight until Wednesday and this was sunday so we decided it was better to spend 3 days back on the beach so that's what we did as it was Wednesdays flight was really tight too but we got on.

We actually bought 800 pounds worth of dirhams home so we are now in the process of trying to book up to go again at the end of this month into beginning of august.

I only put on 2lb while I was away and I ate loads of their breads with full fat butter so I was very surprised at that I lost it when I got back but have since put it back on and more .
I have truly got my hefer status back and am knocking on !9 stone again (18 .13 to be exact ) what a porker.

I haven't caught up with diaries yet but will when I get a chance

I have just come from 42/ 43 degrees and I cant handle this heat we have at 30 its horrid so sticky and close

Hopefully will catch up with you all soon :)

Welcome Back Pooks!

Sounds like a lovely break. I don't understand how it is that 30 degrees is freaking miserable, when in Florida is was no big deal -- it wasn't until it hit 35 (with high humidity) that people really complained.

I joined WW -- it's going okay. You might consider that -- you can have whatever food you want, you just have to stay within your points.

Hi Mel

I have always been on ww I just follow the old points plan I couldn't get on with the new pro points I have to do ww because I need a diet that doesn't restrict anything as if restricted I will always want it but if available to me most probably wont want it anyway

Good luck with new plan you'll be skinny Minnie Mel before we know it

Evening Pooks --

I wish I'd kept my old books. The pro points confuse me, too.

Hi Mel

I have always been on ww I just follow the old points plan I couldn't get on with the new pro points I have to do ww because I need a diet that doesn't restrict anything as if restricted I will always want it but if available to me most probably wont want it anyway

Good luck with new plan you'll be skinny Minnie Mel before we know it

I wish. ;)

Howdy pooks.

Totally agree about the heat thing. I am really struggling with this heat in Britain. I was absolutely fine last year in Egypt when it was 42/43. Completely different kind of heat. I just have to make a cup of tea here and Im hot and sticky. Yuk!!

Simple solution.... Minis holiday in dubai!!! :)

Howdy pooks.

Totally agree about the heat thing. I am really struggling with this heat in Britain. I was absolutely fine last year in Egypt when it was 42/43. Completely different kind of heat. I just have to make a cup of tea here and Im hot and sticky. Yuk!!

Simple solution.... Minis holiday in dubai!!! :)

Count me in!

Back