Lurker Turned Poster Due To Rainbow Rose's Diary - Time to start my own diary

That's not whole nut Pooks; she accidentally missed her mouth and spilt champers on her hastily applied fake bake :8855:

I'm a bit concerned about RR contravening the alcohol laws as well as she's sure to want a Chippendales beach party out there ;)

Oh I see?..you and Tranqs decide to pop in while I pop out for a day or two??? hee hee ;)

Welcome back. holiday sounds absolutely fab! ;), you lucky girl!!!..and this is the point when you tell me that the minis holiday in Dubai is booked while a certain Mr Andre is there for the photo shoot on his next calendar?...*swoon*

Happy to see the crazy gang having a laugh at Rosie's expense again!!! ha ha ;)

No alcohol???..shall we book for Scarborough or somewhere instead?

Morning Pooks! I hope all well in your neighborhood. I feel for your DD being pg in this heat.

There is alcohol Rosie but you can only drink in certain places like hotels but drinking on the beach or anywhere in public is a big no no. Well it used to be; in my last job we did lots of business in Saudi, Qatar, Dubai I dare say if you were arrested I could dredge up the number of some Saudi prince whose palace we worked on to give you temporary diplomatic insanity protection :8855:

Only during Ramadan Rosie your ok it finishes on August the 9th or 10th I believe so we will just go after that.

Mind you they do have some funny rules on dress so the boobtube and the thigh high boots with mini skirt will have to go Im afraid so it could make pole dancing a little difficult ha ha yes perhaps somewhere else ;)

I haven't caught up with diaries yet but see you've had some back trouble as I flicked through .
Im sorry Rose but you are just to old to romp about on the floor with naked men half your age stick to a comfy bed next time and you'll be fine ha ha

Yes Mel daughter is finding it very tiring in this heat she has just stayed here for 3 days as her flat really holds the heat but she didn't find our house any cooler so she's gone back home tonight.

Tranqs I somehow think we are never gonna get away with temporary insanity especially if they read her minis diary.

I think we are due to fly out again on the 27th of this month for a week just have to finalise a few details and won't book till next week as my Dad has just been diagnosed with lung cancer as primary but we have found out today that he has it in the spine , the coxics spelling? , the liver , both hips , and the bowel so it's quite a sad time for us he has plenty of family to care for him if we do go but I will have to wait and see how he is . He starts kemo spelling? Next week but It is not operable at all and definitely not curable due to extent of it .
The most upsetting thing is he's been ill for about 8 months and has been under consultants since last October for problems and tested for bowel cancer and told he was clear . Then he went on holiday to Greece last month as ill as he was and against all of our advice not to go, while he was there he fell and badly split his head open and had to go to hospital they actually found it while xraying for something else . If our country's health service had picked up on it as quick as that it wouldn't have got anywhere near as advanced.

So a very sad Pookie at the moment but glad your all back posting :)

I am sooooooo hot this weather is poop now it needs to cool down a few degrees .

Morning Pooks,

I'm so sorry about your dad. That's just dreadful -- I can't believe they missed this for so long. Your poor family. How old is he? I imagine the chemo won't be a cure and with it so extensively metastatic. With it in his spine and coccyx it will be very difficult for him to be comfortable. I imagine (hope) that he will be properly treated for pain management. It makes me think f the "Circle of Life" -- a new one is arriving in October (I think you said) and your father will probably be leaving soon. (((((BIG HUGS))))

You're not alone -- we're lucky that after the nightmare last summer daddy pulled through -- but we know he's on borrowed time. Marmite's dad has cancer, too -- and she lost her mum not that long ago. MummaK lost her mum recently. I could go on and on (unfortunately) -- it's the stage of life we're experiencing.

I hope you have a good day. I'm WelJel over your extra holiday week.

Don't you live near Chessington?

I am so sorry to hear about your dad Pooks. Sending you
(((((((huge hugs))))))).

So sorry to hear your news Pooks. Sometimes the cancer cells lie dormant and it takes the tiniest thing to set them agressive. Just take it all one day at a time and make sure he gets to do things he's always wanted to do. :bighug:

So sorry to read this Pookie {{hugs}}, the other ladies have given you good advice and support there, I can only echo their wise words. I hope your dad is made as comfortable as possible. I think baby is due September?..I pray she gets the opportunity to meet great-grandad. Take care honey x

Hi Ladies

Thank you for the kind words and hugs I was sitting here blubbing at the screen sorry I haven't been around much after I spoke to you last my Dad was rushed into hospital at 4am the next morning with severe breathing difficulties , dehydration and he had overdosed on morphine because he was in so much pain.

So the last week has been a whirlwind of hospital visits and trying to put together my in laws diamond wedding anniversary party at the same time which is tomorrow. I also held off of finalising all the holiday arrangements just in case the worst happened but Dad is a lot better than he was although he has his good and bad days he is in extreme pain as we would expect he has lost so much weight in a very short time although being as this is a weight loss forum I would not recommend it ha ha . It is as though his throat is blocked he says so he can't hardly eat or drink hence the dehydration in this heat. They have got him on a drip for fluids now and he is eating a little so that is good.

Although still very poorly they are starting kemo on Monday so hopefully although not a cure by any means it may make it more manageable they are also going to do radiotherapy to help with the pain.

It is a bit better than we first thought as although he has it in many places and the lung cancer is terminal the other cancers have not settled into tumours yet so there is a chance kemo may get rid of some of those. He has accepted it very well actually better than we all have but as he says its there , there's nothing you can do about it you just have to do what you can to live as long as you can. He is only 70 so it's worth fighting for.

We have been should we ,shouldn't we for the holiday all this time and we have finally decided to go as we don't want to disappoint the children and as we said my Dad could go on like this for many months ,maybe a few years we can't put our life on hold just in case something happens so being as he is in high dependency in the hospital at the moment we have made the decision to go ahead right or wrong maybe and it certainly wasn't an easy decision but he has my sister ,brother and my stepmum plus friends and other family members so there is plenty of care should they let him out of hospital but I don't think they will. I will be in constant touch with my sister anyway so will know how he's doing.

So we now have a holiday to plan as well
I am so tired I think I could do with a rest especially after doing this party tomorrow I will be all morning cooking and all afternoon laying out and organising so packing will have to wait until Saturday we go Saturday night so it will all be a bit of a rush.

Thank you all for your support will hopefully catch up with you all soon

Rosie I too just hope he does as I think it will be the only great grandchild he will see unfortunately , my daughter only has 8 1/2 weeks to go now so she's getting fairly big now I bought some beautiful bits out in Dubai my husband kept saying there's only one baby you know ha ha .

Mel it's Thorpe park I live on the same road as.

Hi hun, lovely to hear from you! :) what a worrying, difficult and busy time for you. You must take comfort your dad is being well looked after in hospital and try to enjoy your holiday, I am sure your dad will prefer to see life carrying on as normal..rather than you cancelling your plans at this late stage. it won't stop you worrying or thinking about him while you are away but it might distract your mind for a wee while and the family need their holiday too hun. it will give your dad something to look forward to hearing about your holiday when you return, and you need to recharge your batteries so you are able to care for your dad in the future both physically and mentally.

You sound so busy but don't over do it, you need to look after yourself too! Enjoy the anniversary celebrations, then get all the family to help organise the holiday with you, don't take too much on yourself.

Not long until grandchild's arrival!...The Rainbow grandchild is due in 10 weeks, exciting isn't it!

Deep breaths Pookie, best wishes to your dad and pace yourself during all these plans and organisation x

Hi Pooks! Are you going to PookieNan or NannyPooks?

I can so relate to your daddy drama -- gosh, your dad is young (mine will be 80 in October). But, then you're going to be a fairly young grandma. I do hope he gets to see his great-grandchild.

I do feel for your daughter in all this heat. I imagine she's been getting swollen ankles? I know I did with DS. He was born in May in central NY -- but it was an usually hot spring. The day we left the birthing center it was 95F (35 C)! I was miserable.

I hope the family has a lovely holiday. I'll PM you when we're headed to Thorpe Park. Do you have Merlin Passes? We could meet up for a coffee and let the kids go on the rides. I'll ride most things -- but I usually sit and read (or take my friends little ones on the rides).

Hope Pookie and family having a brill holiday in Dubai!!! :) hurry back, we miss you :)

My Mr Andre has gone all sensible with impending new fatherhood, so no need to catch him on camera for me Pookie (sulks hee hee)..but on 2nd thoughts, if you happen to see him in the pool or sea...well.......one wee swimwear shot wouldn't hurt I suppose!.;)

Hi Pooks! I hope your holiday went well.

You think she's been detained at the airport? I saw on the news that it's been happening.

Back